Why Isnt TreeForm a Resto baseline talent?

Its not like in 10 man you have a choice not to take it even tho SotF would be more healing throughput for us. We are the shape shifting class why stop one spec from using a shapeshift form as a base talent . Maybe give us a tree form that gets the bonus healing effect that incarnation has right now where it would increase our healing by 15 percent and then have incarnation Give us the Buffed ablities like the instant regrowths and no target limit lifeblooms.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
03/16/2013 01:46 PMPosted by Deezii
We are the shape shifting class why stop one spec from using a shapeshift form as a base talent

1. Why do you need a shapeshift? And are you aware that many druids (not you obviously) complained about being shapeshifted all the time and not being able to see their armor?

2. "TreeForm" is not a spell.
Are you talking about "Treant Form" http://www.wowhead.com/spell=114282/treant-form or are you talking about "Incarnation: Tree of Life" http://www.wowhead.com/spell=33891
Reply Quote
03/16/2013 01:46 PMPosted by Deezii
Its not like in 10 man you have a choice not to take it even tho SotF would be more healing throughput for us.

You... completely contradict yourself in your opening statement. Why would you have to take Incarnation if SotF is higher throughput?
Edited by Morenn on 3/16/2013 2:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Because morons rolled the shape-shifting class that didn't want to shapeshift so restos got boned, that's why.
Reply Quote
03/16/2013 02:18 PMPosted by Inushi
We are the shape shifting class why stop one spec from using a shapeshift form as a base talent

1. Why do you need a shapeshift? And are you aware that many druids (not you obviously) complained about being shapeshifted all the time and not being able to see their armor?

Are you talking about "Treant Form" http://www.wowhead.com/spell=114282/treant-form or are you talking about "Incarnation: Tree of Life" http://www.wowhead.com/spell=33891

Yes i meant treant form wotlk also why roll a shapeshift class and not want to shapeshift? i dont see them making feral druids boomkins or gaurdians having to sit in non-shapeshifted form all of their forms give them some kind of bonus aswell.

03/16/2013 02:22 PMPosted by Morenn
Its not like in 10 man you have a choice not to take it even tho SotF would be more healing throughput for us.

You... completely contradict yourself in your opening statement. Why would you have to take Incarnation if SotF is higher throughput?

Because yes SotF is more throughput but you need the burst of treeform as a cd for the raid since bring another healer for throughput would be more helpful anyway since monks priest and pallys will destroy you on through put while bringing just as much cds.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
http://imgur.com/jAWWbOY
Edited by Röthtwo on 3/16/2013 11:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
23 Draenei Shaman
I only ever use Incarnation if I need mana on a fight, and I heal with a monk for any 2 heal fights, add a disc for the 3 heal stuff, so idk where you get the idea that we HAVE to have it for 10s.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
03/16/2013 08:50 PMPosted by Deezii

Yes i meant treant form wotlk also why roll a shapeshift class and not want to shapeshift? i dont see them making feral druids boomkins or gaurdians having to sit in non-shapeshifted form all of their forms give them some kind of bonus aswell.

If you feel you absolutely must be out of caster form to feel like a druid, then there is a glyph option for that. Balance can glyph so that moonkin form is instead a slightly modified caster form. Feral/guardian won't get an option like that because it'd look too weird for them to fight in caster form or a similar form.

Sure, the glyph form doesn't provide a bonus, but even if they were to go back to the model of having every resto druid in treant form all the time, every bonus that the treant form gave would just be taken out of the base toolkit, leaving you right where you started. A passive bonus from a form you are always in isn't particularly interesting.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
SotF > ToL

/thread
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
03/16/2013 02:18 PMPosted by Inushi

1. What? If you are a druid and don't want to shift, then reroll. Period. This class should not be balanced around idiots. That's like warriors complaining they have to use a shield while tanking.

2. Yes it is. It's a talent that adds a spell to your spell book. If you don't know what tree form is by now and need to have it explained to you, you probably shouldn't have come to this thread.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Incarnation should have been everyone's level 87 ability. Tree form at this point is iconic to resto druids and how bizarre is it that there are resto druids out there without it.

Symbiosis should be a talent, incarnation should have been baseline.

Even now Symbiosis is probably on the cusp of being removed from PvP and given how useless it is in PvE and how it can't even be used while soloing, the uproar if they were to remove or drastically change it will be huge. If it were a talent instead, I think people would just deal and respec.
Reply Quote
78 Night Elf Druid
I agree that it's stupid that they took it away as a base talent, but they did give us Glyph of the Treant so that pretty much makes up for it.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
What? If you are a druid and don't want to shift, then reroll.

Sitting in the same form for 10 minutes is not "shifting". Don't get me wrong, I like being a bear, but I basically can't shift at all while I'm tanking a boss, because I would become super squishy and get splatted.

Actual shifting in combat is pretty much already dead outside of HotW and some soloing and the occasional cat shifting into caster to tranq or something. And, ironically, the cooldown version of treeform.

"If you want to use caster form to cast, reroll" doesn't make much sense.

Plus, shifting isn't the only cool thing about druids anyway; what if people like it for the nature theme? They should just reroll, uh, life knight?

And from a gameplay perspective, treeform is much more interesting as a CD than as a weaksauce "buff" that is balanced around 100% uptime (in other words, it only brings you up to where every other class already is).

Symbiosis would be a terrible talent, it's far too weak even by talent standards. Nobody would take it. If they baselined incarnation they'd have to make something that was worth taking to fill its spot. And why should they? If you want incarnation you know where to find it, anyway. Why does it bother you if someone else wants to not take it?
Reply Quote

1. What? If you are a druid and don't want to shift, then reroll. Period. This class should not be balanced around idiots. That's like warriors complaining they have to use a shield while tanking.

2. Yes it is. It's a talent that adds a spell to your spell book. If you don't know what tree form is by now and need to have it explained to you, you probably shouldn't have come to this thread.

1. Gameplay is just as important as aesthetics, and to a lot of players, it's a lot more important. They didn't roll a Druid because they want to be shapeshifter, they rolled a Druid because they like the playstyle. And I honestly have no idea why you're being so belligerent, with the glyph, people can choose to heal/dps in caster form or in Treant/Moonkin form. I don't see why that upsets you so much.

2. You seriously have no clue what you're talking about. What you're complaining about is Treant Form, the form we had in WotLK that we can now have with the glyph of the Treant that has no effect on our performance, but you keep referring to Tree of Life form from the Incarnation talent, which is a cooldown that has nothing to do with what you're complaining about. The tree form from Incarnation is not the iconic tree form, it's the ugly afro-tree that everyone hated when it was introduced, to the point where they had to implement a glyph to let us look like a treant instead while ToL was popped. The iconic tree form that let's you shapeshift is the treant and ToL is a powerful cooldown that gives you an alternate shapeshift for a short time. What you're arguing makes no sense.
Edited by Flintte on 3/17/2013 12:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Treant form is not a talent. It is a shapeshift provided by a glyph. It does nothing other than change your appearance.

"Tree of Life" is a talent/cooldown which gives you an appearance of a "tree form" subjected to drive-by graffiti, all the while, you get a boost to healing and certain spells.

These are two totally separate things.
Reply Quote
92 Human Priest
03/17/2013 06:48 AMPosted by Flintte
ugly afro-tree

/thread
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
I think most are referring to tree form as the original tree form from bc.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
i dont see them making feral druids boomkins or gaurdians having to sit in non-shapeshifted form all of their forms give them some kind of bonus aswell.

If you're thinking of Cat/Bear/Moonkin (or Astral) form as providing bonuses, you're thinking about it incorrectly. Cat form is not a "bonus" providing form to a Feral spec druid, but is the base form. Ditto for Bear form Gaurdians, or Moonkin/Astral Balance druids.

Resto, on the other hand, has access and all baseline abilities in basic, non-shapeshifted form. The only "bonus" form we have is Incarnation (if chosen), just like Cat form is only "bonus" form if it's Incarnation.

I'm happy that basic form for Resto is no longer ToL. I like that I have an option to choose Incarnation as a talent (which I do on some fights).
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Wow, this thread is all over. OP wants Incarnation (or at least part of it) baseline, but people all seem to be talking about getting the old Wrath perma-tree back for some reason. Which they have back already if they choose a glyph so I'm not sure what they're wanting.

Because morons rolled the shape-shifting class that didn't want to shapeshift so restos got boned, that's why.

And statements like this are just ignorant. Sorry buddy, I was resto before treeform was ever out, don't pretend I'm not a real druid because I prefer ToL as a cooldown.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
In all honesty, incarnation SHOULD be base-line.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]