Will this laptop be able to run wow decently?

Well I got this laptop the other day as a replacement to my defective one from HP and I only plan on using it to play wow when I'm not on my desktop. It's an upgraded HP 2000t-2c00 here are the specs.

• Windows 8 64
• 3rd generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3120M Processor
• Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
• 15.6-inch diagonal High Definition HP BrightView LED Display (1366 x 768)
• 6GB DDR3 System Memory (1 Dimm)
• 640GB 5400 rpm Hard Drive

I just want to know if I would be able to raid 10mans with the bare minimum raiding addons such as dbm,recount and bartender4. I know that it wont be running on ultra or anything but if I set everything on low and maybe the view distance a bit higher (cause I hate not seeing whats ahead of me.) will this laptop be able to do the job without lagging out?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
This will not play WoW all that well due to having no dedicated graphics card (Intel HD graphics are terrible).
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Nevertheless it will run it on low, especially at that lower resolution. Not sure how far you will be able to push view distance. Maybe fair.
Reply Quote
I was afraid of that, well I can live without playing on high-ultra settings but was hoping it would get me by just doing some 10man raiding with everything on low. What do you think I could buy that will allow me to do this without going over 5-600? I only plan on using it for wow and sc2 when I'm not home on my desktop.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I seriously doubt you can do raids with acceptable FPS with an Intel integrated graphics.

For up to $600, you want:

AMD A8 Trinity-based laptop (dual graphics strongly recommended)

Or

Intel i5 with GeForce GT 630M
Reply Quote
Alright I'm going to do some research and see how much I can find the i5 with Geforce gt 630m for then. Does it matter what brand the computer is? As long as it has those parts in it?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Avoid HP at all costs.

Stick to 15" monitors.
Edited by Kalganized on 3/16/2013 8:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]