Windwalker feels unslottable in ToT heroics

90 Worgen Hunter
In general I think it's simply bad design to pick and choose which classes are given unique utility. Buff hunters. I'm out, cya.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
rip in peace kennyloggins, soft rock legend
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I'm kind of feeling the same way in our current raids, i feel the only advantage we might have currently is we have quite a few self defensive cd's which can help healers focus other people on certain aoe abilities (Touch of Karma, Dampen Harm / Diffuse Magic, and Fort Brew). One thing i would like to see is maybe Zen Meditation change, although it is MUCH more useful this teir than last... it still seems like a mediocre cooldown.

As far as damage goes it's hard to say really at the moment where we belong as our burst does not exist and fights that have too much movement or multi- mobs effecting fists of fury single target can really be a pain, maybe a fof glyph to make it only single target or channel while moving would help.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I WAS THE HEALER THAT WASN'T DPSING

then i started DPSing too (slootbag is indestructible)

brown guy value was at an all time high.

oh you're our brown guy, our little brown guy, you make us happy when skies are grey... you'll never know man, how much i love you, please don't take our brown guy away...

seriously demo banner and rallying cry make me so happy when i see them up, you and xonk should be Team Brown Guy 2013 best team EU
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
Blizz really screwed the pooch for this spec.

WW dps scaling was nerfed because of simcrafted (that Blizz admitted in the very post announcing the nerf that these numbers were just a theoretical maximum that players would not be able to accomplish, yet they issued the nerf anyway) numbers that require three major components to happen:

- Top tier weapons
- T15 4pc bonus
- Rune of Reorigination

What's gonna happen next tier when we have to replace the last two? When we dont have that enhanced TEB stacking and the ability to buff our mastery through the roof with RoR procs? How's our damage going to suffer when our scaling is still shot? Is it going to be another mandatory tier bonus and gimmicky trinket set up? Are we going to be saddling our raids with a burden through progression just to reach acceptable numbers that wont be realized until late-or-after progression is over?

The specter of Wrath DKs is going to haunt us all the way into the next expansion.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
The sad thing about all of this. Was that exact utility we wanted was in the beta in form of the +mastery statue that worked similar to skull banner(think it was called red crane something). Why they took it out we'll never know. But it's just the thing we need right now, not this SEF crap.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage

WW dps scaling was nerfed because of simcrafted (that Blizz admitted in the very post announcing the nerf that these numbers were just a theoretical maximum that players would not be able to accomplish, yet they issued the nerf anyway) numbers that require three major components to happen:

This brings back memories of Mages in Burning Crusade.

"Jaw-dropping damage."

You have my condolences, Monkbros.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Had nothing to do with simulation. Blizzard has "DPS bots" that can execute perfect priorities in the actual game. WW was nerfed because their testing undervalued the L30 talents somehow.

Now it turns out that wasn't accurate, because WW is extremely weak in T15 content, but that was the devs' explanation at the time.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
Had nothing to do with simulation. Blizzard has "DPS bots" that can execute perfect priorities in the actual game. WW was nerfed because their testing undervalued the L30 talents somehow.

Now it turns out that wasn't accurate, because WW is extremely weak in T15 content, but that was the devs' explanation at the time.

Po-tay-toe, po-tah-toe. Its still justifying a heavy-handed nerf based on the ability of a computer to execute command strings.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

Po-tay-toe, po-tah-toe. Its still justifying a heavy-handed nerf based on the ability of a computer to execute command strings.

Blizzard just needs to revert the 10% stance nerf and / or the 5% RSK nerf. Nerf the RoR trinket for WW to compensate. It's stupid for a spec to be balanced around an overpowered trinket, and it's stupid that we need a trinket to do acceptable damage.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
I'm waiting for WW monks to be something other than a bad version of rogues, but it hasn't happened yet. Nearly six months so far.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Paladin
bringing melee is already a hard sell, in world of rangecraft.

but when that melee doesnt offer anything unique (like banners), that makes it an even harder sell :/

if ww monks dont offer utility, they should offer top tier damage. otherwise, why bring one at all?
Edited by Aeliel on 3/21/2013 12:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter

That's only on 10m where the "god comp" runs 1 melee, but this also has nothing to do with the thread at all.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk

That's only on 10m where the "god comp" runs 1 melee, but this also has nothing to do with the thread at all.

Also Iron Qon 25m. His hitbox is so tiny that more than three or four melee ends up becoming a logistics nightmare for the first phase. Shuriken Toss and CJL/Chi Wave/SFB spam out of melee has happened for our melee-heavy raid.
Edited by Tigercrane on 3/21/2013 2:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
http://i.imgur.com/DHwM32V.png?1

awwwwyeah enhancement
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk

Also Iron Qon 25m. His hitbox is so tiny that more than three or four melee ends up becoming a logistics nightmare for the first phase. Shuriken Toss and CJL/Chi Wave/SFB spam out of melee has happened for our melee-heavy raid.

Need to figure out how to split them up, it's really not hard.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk

Need to figure out how to split them up, it's really not hard.

Honestly there's a point where there's just no more room for melee. At best you'll squeeze in eight melee or so, but any more is going to have the boss chain casting into them.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
So, I just ranked 9th on our Megaera kill, it was 118% of WoL rank limit, our rogue, who is about 1 & 1/2 tiers less geared than me did 86% of WoL rank limit---I only beat him by 12k dps. This is with me only a few ilvls off full 522 gear.

What the....
Given equal gear and performance he would have beat me by 25k.

Does this not make the first flat 5% followed by a flat 10% overall monk damage nerf look quite a lot overdone?

Add my 15% damage back and the rogue still beats me by 7k damage. I don't want a rogue nerf, I want a monk buff.

Oh, and he brings smoke bomb.

I edited this to make it polite. It's pretty frustrating, I enjoy the class a lot, I care far less about a useful raid cooldown than I do about getting more damage. Both buffs are warranted, the pvp changes weren't extensive enough to make those buffs excessive or even unneeded.

Final thought, monks with 4 piece and Lei Shen trinket are still badly behind. Look at the parses.
Edited by Chugnoris on 3/22/2013 1:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Here's a thought on SEF.

Blizzard should just turn it into a cleave. Where spirits randomly appear for a short time and hit a target close to you with an ability you just used.

Honestly though, I don't know why blizzard created a ridiculous trinket like RoR.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Brb, leveling rogue for next tier.

Blizzard can't balance new classes.
Edited by Snapmonk on 3/22/2013 3:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]