Magni Bronzebeard

90 Undead Death Knight
I am thinking, I haven't played around with Alliance quests in Pandaria but...

Mogu use technology from the titans, and they create people from stone. Bring them to life... maybe back to life? Maybe it's titan tech?

The dwarves could find it, understand it even. Maybe they could bring him back. Or force one to do so. Who knows?

What do you guys think?
Do you like the Council?
Could they be replaced, or still have a big role with Magni?
Can Magni even be freed?

I feel the Mogu have led up to this.
Reply Quote
This sounds mean, but I kind of feel like Blizzard hasn't even thought of this.

I'd like Magni to come back, but I also don't want to lose the Council. I like how the Dwarves are all together now and the conflicts are adding an interesting flavor to them.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
I like both the council and magni. But they must have. I mean, magni turned to stone in Cata (for a silly reason). These people make stone in to people. I wonder what Magni saw if anything.
Reply Quote
considering the council has yet to do anything of importance, I think its wasted effort to get rid of them when they spent all that time putting it together.
Reply Quote
Bring back Magni, kill Moira and I'll be happy. Varian should've executed that power-hungry traitor in the first place. Then have true Bronzebeards raise the kid to be someone decent.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Council should stay and Magni should realize he was a bad father to Moira.

It would be cool if Magni brought more plot hooks for the Alliance involving Dwarves as well.
Reply Quote
considering the council has yet to do anything of importance, I think its wasted effort to get rid of them when they spent all that time putting it together.

Pretty much this.

BUT!

If they did bring Magni back, I think he should take Muradin's spot, and Muradin should be the Supreme Alliance Commander. He is a respected Warcraft character established in Warcraft 2 and is a non-human character that a lot of people like.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I think the Council should stay and Magni should come back. The Council can stay and be advisors and together all 3 clans could run Ironforge. Ironforge would be stronger than ever.

If they did bring Magni back, I think he should take Muradin's spot, and Muradin should be the Supreme Alliance Commander. He is a respected Warcraft character established in Warcraft 2 and is a non-human character that a lot of people like.

Muradin could become the Anduin Lothar of Ironforge and the Dwarves. And i agree he is the perfect person to be the S.A.C..
Edited by Gollard on 3/18/2013 12:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
58 Undead Death Knight
I'd prefer the Council being eventually replaced with Moira, who rules with an iron fist, but rules with the interests of Khaz Modan always in mind. It'd be a harsh dicatatorship, but the benefits would be felt.

Kinda like a less extreme Caesar's Legion.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
I agree with Gollard. Advisors was my idea.

As for Moira ruling, I feel that would be a tad too much for Varian.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
The cynical side of me says that dwarves were swept under the rug when Magni turned to diamond and would never be brought up again.

The more optimistic side of me thinks they're just planning something big for us later. I kind of have this theory that Magni's ritual to speak with the earth might be Titan Related. That might come about when there is more Old God lore (a la Ulduar and the like)

As for the Council, yeah it was cool at first, but in the sense that "Hey the Dwarves are doing something! *blinks* Now it's over!" It seems, however, that the clans are getting along somewhat. You're seeing more Dark Iron NPCs around, not ones with speaking roles mind you but NPCs nonetheless. I think at this point the clans need to come together completely. The Dark Irons only have the Old Gods and Ragnaros left (which they don't seem to be interested in), and the Wildhammers might be rebuilding after the Twilight's Hammer destroyed their homes, and now they are enemies with the Horde. An alliance with the Bronzebeards is probably crucial to the Dark Iron's and Wildhammer's survival.

How is Blizzard going to show that? I don't know. I don't know if they even can show it in game. It'll probably be a short story most likely.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
03/18/2013 06:23 AMPosted by Veruu
The Dark Irons only have the Old Gods and Ragnaros left

They don't even have that, since Rags is dead now. They can't try any of the other Elemental Lords, either, since Al'Akir is dead, Neptulon is MIA, and Therazane is not a people person. And with the Blackrocks controlling a huge chunk of their city, trying to get into Ironforge's good graces is pretty much their only realistic option for survival.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Dark Iron Dwarves should definitely have more depictions of them pulling their own weight with the Alliance.

I can easily see them being recruited into SI:7 as ruthless assassins. I can also see them providing their infamous iron golems that were once used to guard their dark hallways to go toe to toe against the Horde's more hulking shock troops. Seeing them provide an extra edge in arcane might, shadow, and possibly even fel would be really cool to see in order to add a darker tint to the overall noble Alliance mold. (They could make a great contrast to how the Tauren and Blood Elves bring Light magic to the Horde.)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
03/18/2013 08:29 AMPosted by Arterius
The Dark Irons only have the Old Gods and Ragnaros left

They don't even have that, since Rags is dead now. They can't try any of the other Elemental Lords, either, since Al'Akir is dead, Neptulon is MIA, and Therazane is not a people person. And with the Blackrocks controlling a huge chunk of their city, trying to get into Ironforge's good graces is pretty much their only realistic option for survival.

Huh, I didn't know Ragnaros was really dead until I looked it up. I always thought it was just the same situation in Molten Core.

Also this kind makes me really want Neptulon to come back. If I were to make a crazy theory, I'd say Azshara is holding him prisoner.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Also this kind makes me really want Neptulon to come back. If I were to make a crazy theory, I'd say Azshara is holding him prisoner.
I don't think that's so crazy, really, given that it was her leviathan that captured him.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Dark Iron Dwarves should definitely have more depictions of them pulling their own weight with the Alliance.

I can easily see them being recruited into SI:7 as ruthless assassins. I can also see them providing their infamous iron golems that were once used to guard their dark hallways to go toe to toe against the Horde's more hulking shock troops. Seeing them provide an extra edge in arcane might, shadow, and possibly even fel would be really cool to see in order to add a darker tint to the overall noble Alliance mold. (They could make a great contrast to how the Tauren and Blood Elves bring Light magic to the Horde.)

Hell they could even have the Dark Iron Spellcasters working along side the Kirin Tor.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

The more optimistic side of me thinks they're just planning something big for us later. I kind of have this theory that Magni's ritual to speak with the earth might be Titan Related. That might come about when there is more Old God lore (a la Ulduar and the like)

Unfortunately there are 2 ways that he could come back evil. Someone could try using the Curse of the Flesh on him to fix him, which makes him more Old God-y that they anticipated. Also, when the Titans come to cleanse us he could animate as one of their avatars and do their will.

I still think he can Cairne got taken out because they were too rational to allow the faction war to spin out of control.
Reply Quote
I still think he can Cairne got taken out because they were too rational to allow the faction war to spin out of control.

Probably 100% true.

Also really crappy.

which makes him more Old God-y that they anticipated

He's already a byproduct of the Curse of Flesh and it doesn't seem like the Curse makes them follow the Old Gods or anything. It's just something that changes the physical makeup of something.
Reply Quote
I actually kind of like Magni were he's at.

What I'd like to see is his role become more explicit. Perhaps the Dwarves figure out how to commune with him and he becomes a sort of mountain spirit that the leaders of Ironforge consult when making tough decisions. Or if we want to throw subtlety out the window, have Ironforge get attacked (doesn't matter by who), and then have Magni unexpectedly possess the giant Dwarf statue at the gates of Ironforge and smash the invading force to bits.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
I like the ideas. I think Magni will, sooner or later, return to us. Somehow. But the Mogu seem like the closest fix.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]