Throughput vs Mana on Hpally

90 Blood Elf Paladin
The thing is...is your burst actually higher then your high spirit-counterpart? I did a quick look-through of your logs and it seemed you both had pretty similar burst, but the other pally had higher sustained. I can't argue with the math that a throughput-focused healer will have higher output then a spirit focused healer, but in practice there are very few instances where you absolutely have to have that maximum output. Far more common are periods of high damage where higher rank (as you put them, i like that) spells are needed, and then periods of lower damage where mana is conserved. Higher spirit greatly improves your ability to react to periods of high damage and still have something left over to keep up your sustained.

He actually has been devaluing spirit as he continues to gear up so he is not a full spirit build. I will also be the first to admit he is a better healer than I am. If you look at healing patterns, he is usually more quick to respond than I am. On top of this his gear is a bit better itemized than mine is. Even though I am gemming full mastery, he is gemming hybrid spirit mastery and is at nearly identical mastery levels.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Interesting. I just put together a matrix of crit% from .35-.55, and holy shock/min from 4-10, and got spirit break even points ranging from 3.1k all the way up to 12.1k, which is much higher then I originally thought. Also, your HS usage is much more important then your crit%, so im thinking the best solution is for each person to check their average HS/min and see where they land. Ty for the food for thought!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]