/cancelaura Shuriken Toss

17 Night Elf Rogue
Does anybody else that uses this macro find the "shuriken toss auto-attack aura" annoying occasionally when trying to drop combat and re-stealth?

It is "clunky" having to have this macro now! In response to this, it would be great to have a major glyph that removed the autoattack aura from shuriken toss while giving it the ability to allow both poisons to be applied as was the case in patch 5.1 (except it was baseline). Thoughts? Or the auto-attack aura can just be removed altogether while having its damage adjusted accordingly. How about we just go back to the way it functioned in 5.1?

Maybe it's old news to many people but the "shuriken toss autoattack-aura" seems to have been added largely in part to stop the combination of shuriken toss and shadow blades from being used at a range greater than 10 yards.

So in a nutshell, 5.2 brought us a "clunky" shuriken toss auto-attack aura mechanic that requires a new macro to take off in those times you want to drop combat to re-stealth asap, and this aura was likely added in large part to stop shuriken toss from being used with shadow blades at range. On top of this, shuriken toss no longer applies non-lethal poisons which is commonly known.

Who likes these changes and feels that they were necessary? Who feels that it is more clunky now? Who would rather have the 5.1 version of shuriken toss back, or at least a glyphed version of it?
Edited by Avette on 3/19/2013 6:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
what the !@#$ is all this clunky talk.

%^-* yo thread sh is OK
Reply Quote
17 Night Elf Rogue
Thanks for your feedback. Very thoughtful of you "Getsmoney!"
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
I actually thought about the glyph idea earlier today, but for a different reason. Then again, it might be blizzard's way of making you think before you spam.
Reply Quote
17 Night Elf Rogue
At least with the glyph idea we are giving something up when reverting shuriken toss back to the way it was in 5.1 in case it really was OP. I'm curious, what was your reason for the glyph?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Umm..if you are trying to restealth why would you be hitting ST in the first place?
Reply Quote
Umm..if you are trying to restealth why would you be hitting ST in the first place?

If you were pelting a dude for CPs whilst running behind a pillar or such and then hitting your re stealth but it'll auto-attack with shurikens because you still have him selected. It's messed me up while running 3s a few times. Now I know not to do that. Lol.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
03/19/2013 07:07 PMPosted by Skarus

If you were pelting a dude for CPs whilst running behind a pillar or such and then hitting your re stealth but it'll auto-attack with shurikens because you still have him selected. It's messed me up while running 3s a few times. Now I know not to do that. Lol.

It will auto attack through the pillar?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
It will auto attack through the pillar?

No but if you're quick enough on the restealth you might come out from behind the pillar in stealth while you've still got the auto-attack buff up? I'm guessing this is what they were talking about.
This wouldn't happen to me because I've got a /stopattack in my stealth macro.
Edited by Kiljagen on 3/19/2013 7:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
17 Night Elf Rogue
An example is on those occasions when you are in an arena and you hit smoke bomb (smoke bomb does not stop the auto-attack aura) to help get out of combat in order to get a re-stealth without using vanish (or even shadowmeld in your case). Sometimes it is difficult to line-of-sight some classes with high mobility too, and so it is beneficial to stop that aura especially when you can't create enough distance between yourself and them in order to drop combat and get a re-stealth. Their are also plenty of occasions in bg's where I find myself with a group attacking a common target only to find my target's backup closing in. In this case it is sometimes nice to stop the shuriken toss aura to drop combat faster in order to get a restealth asap so I can effectively intervene with stealth abilities.

The PvP environment is fast paced, dynamic, and often unpredictable and so you can't always anticipate other people's moves right after using shuriken toss. I'd suspect you can't either. Am I right Timat?

Can't you think of any occasions in bg's, or in arena's where it would be beneficial to use that macro to get rid of the shuriken toss auto-attack aura in order to drop combat and get a re-stealth asap? Sometimes you have to react quickly in the often unpredictable pvp scenarios, and this macro allows you to do it more effectively after using shuriken toss. It's a useful macro, but a clunky mechanic new to patch 5.2.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Just hit T and you stop throwing them.

Or w/e your target bind is. Works the same as a /stopattack macro.

No but if you're quick enough on the restealth you might come out from behind the pillar in stealth while you've still got the auto-attack buff up? I'm guessing this is what they were talking about.
This wouldn't happen to me because I've got a /stopattack in my stealth macro.

Stealthing stops my auto attacks already o.o
Edited by Relikar on 3/19/2013 8:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
17 Night Elf Rogue
A /stopattack macro is effective for dropping combat to get a restealth even while the shuriken toss aura is on you. However, on those occasions when you have the shuriken toss aura up and want to use shadowblades, the macro "/cancelaura Shuriken Toss" is effective, especially when considering the lag of the autoattack aura coming off when in melee range.
Edited by Avette on 3/19/2013 8:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Reserved for further testing.
Edited by Thael on 3/19/2013 11:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]