Eldre Thalas Guild

90 Undead Mage
This server on Horde side at least has been dying out since Wrath.People have switched servers and even moved there guild to another server because of the population of raiders being so low.

I have personal talked to every GM and some of there Officers of each guild doing any sort of raiding on Horde side almost every GM likes this idea and would like to see it be successful.

To have all of the raiders from each guild that merges into said guild called "Eldre Thalas".
Each GM of the guilds that merge into the guild will obtain a rank called "Council"
The Council is the democracy that runs the guild. We would take a vote if we were to change anything or do anything that would effect the guild in anyway.

Each Officer of that guilds that merge will obtain a rank called "Officer"
Each Raider will obtain a rank of there guild. Exp: Last Rights Raider
The reason we do this is so there guild can keep there identity and if they don't like how the guild is or something they could jump out and go back to the guild they were running previously.

Each Guild that joined would run its own raids so basically nothing different in that aspect. So to make it easy to understand lets say HecTic wants to join and they have a Core Group already.
HecTic would come in and the Guild Leader would get the Council rank and there raiders the HecTic Raiders rank. Then that Guild Leader that got the Council rank would run with the HecTic Raiders in raid.

Now your asking yourself how is that benefiting the guilds that join well one of the common issues I have noticed on horde side is recruiting and having active raiders to showup to raids.Well lets say a 490 ilevel Resto Sham comes to me and asks if he could join my Core Group but I already have a dedicated Resto Sham. Then I could go to the Council and ask them if there group needs a 490 Resto Sham and lets say 3 of the raid groups do. Well then its a matter of if the Sham can showup to one of the 3 raids. So lets say it knocks it down to 2 raid groups then at that point something could be worked out by the GM's or the Sham could make the decision. The showup issue one of the guilds that is coming over soon has 13 raiders and there "Backups" get mad at the fact they never get in on anything then that GM could say ooo look HecTic needs people for tonight you could raid with them and since we would be all in the same guild it won't be a issue.

How the Guild Bank is going to work is Each Guild gets there own tab.Its kind of sad that there is only 7-10 raiding guilds on this server on Horde side that is still around and doing
stuff >.>

All in all this is a effort not only for the raiders personal benefit but this is to save the server raiding pop on Horde side.I know a few guilds that left server and are doing amazing on another server 12/12 of new raid already and they recently want to leave there server and go to horde side and when I told them about this they were down for it if it happens.

Also there is obviously alot of rules that would have to take place which will be discussed with the Council of the Guild.

If I could get your personal opinion of what we are trying to do in the comments that would be great!

If at anytime anyone would like to contact me my battletag is Doom#1607

I would also like to give credit to the GM of Last Rights for coming up with the Idea as well with me.
I would also like to thank everyone ahead of time that leaves there opinions and support in the comments and taking the time to read though that whole thing.
Edited by Doom on 3/20/2013 12:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
21 Human Mage
This is Juggernaût, the GM of Stove Top Stuffing.

I believe this is a noble idea that will benefit a lot of people. As the population of our server has declined many guilds have found it difficult to recruit and raid successfully. With this being the case, its in the advantage of many guilds to join forces to help fill ranks, fill empty spots when someone can't come, and share useful raid tips with one another. What cannot be accomplished alone can be accomplished with friends and allies.

This formation came with poor time for my guild, I'm afraid, as Stove Top Stuffing has worked hard and became completely self sustaining in the last few months. However, several of our well geared raid alts will be joining Eldre Thalas to be "free agents" to help other guilds out on days when our mains do not raid.

This is an excellent opportunity for guilds wanting to accomplish more than they are currently able to do on their own. If you like to raid but have schedule problems, or your guild is lacking a full compliment to raid regularly, I highly recommend giving Eldre Thalas serious consideration.

Opportunities like this are rare, especially on a server with reduced population. But opportunities are only useful if we step forward to take them, and make ourselves stronger than we were before. ;)
Edited by Urzah on 3/19/2013 8:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
openraid.us

problem solved.

Theres just something about 150 people being online that I would just hate. Too many personalities meshed together. Take MR for example. Guild chat could get offensive sometimes or mumble. What if say the members of Hectic, couldn't deal with our profanity or were a little too sensitve? That creates bad blood between other members. Bad blood leads to cliques. Cliques leads to people wanting to secretly leave when it best suits them. The idea of guilds helping each other is a noble one though. I've offered my tanking servicies for tier 14 content to several less progressed guilds and I know a few other people that have offered to help also. Guilds can work together without all being under the same roof. I like all my RL friends but I wouldn't want every single one of them living in my house.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I definitely like the idea of guild leaders communicating with one another. Could solve a lot of HR problems we can sometimes have with too many or too little people or the right people for the content.
Reply Quote
HAM
TL:DR,

Your idea is decent but it sounds to me like it could make or break a lot of struggling guilds. And honestly, i would not trust my guild in your hands. (if i were a GM)

openraid.us

problem solved.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Hell Na i would not join doom guild i dont even think his guild drop MV yet and he trying to recruit everyone in ET. How many guilds u have doom like about 3 and inviting people over and over i just think he trying to collect the guild bank gold
Reply Quote
HAM
Hell Na i would not join doom guild i dont even think his guild drop MV yet and he trying to recruit everyone in ET. How many guilds u have doom like about 3 and inviting people over and over i just think he trying to collect the guild bank gold

this too.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Trixxbaby and Warriorbabyy are trolls of the server for you people that don't read trade often.
Trixxbaby and Warriorbabyy...think about that there is a connection.

openraid.us

problem solved.

Theres just something about 150 people being online that I would just hate. Too many personalities meshed together. Take MR for example. Guild chat could get offensive sometimes or mumble. What if say the members of Hectic, couldn't deal with our profanity or were a little too sensitve? That creates bad blood between other members. Bad blood leads to cliques. Cliques leads to people wanting to secretly leave when it best suits them. The idea of guilds helping each other is a noble one though. I've offered my tanking servicies for tier 14 content to several less progressed guilds and I know a few other people that have offered to help also. Guilds can work together without all being under the same roof. I like all my RL friends but I wouldn't want every single one of them living in my house.

I can see where you are coming from but Im pretty sure you can't do ToT on Openraid because it is not cross realm until the next set of content comes out.
I can speak on behalf of HecTic and i can say very strongly we laugh at any type of profanity and the crazy things people say in guild chat and the guilds I have talked to are the same way in my opinion.
I don't like to idea of my RL friends under the same roof as well but my outlook on it is a mansion. A extremely big mansion and my RL friends are 300 rooms away from my little house or room. Yes we are all under the same roof but we are very far away from being in contact with each other.

To be honest anyway you look at it its stuff that already happens in guilds not even guilds like Im trying to form but normal raiding guilds there is always bad blood down the line somewhere you are going to have to deal with its in human nature and you can not prevent it.
Edited by Doom on 3/20/2013 1:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Well with ToT I run that with my guild because we have a set raid group and throwing in new faces would mess up progression. If a smaller guild on this server needed help with a tier 14 run I'd be more than happy to help them. I think just using these forums as an outlet for saying who needs what would suffice without having 500000 people using one guild chat. I'm not gonna flame doom or anyone over this idea just using my personal opinion. I've been in casual guilds, top guilds, mergers, even was in a top 100 worldwide guild on my warrior at one point, I've seen it all and I've seen guilds crash and burn over small changes like this. I'm sure a few guys in remix or MR would gladly help guilds in tier 14 or offer tips for Tot. I myself give advise on Tot all the time and what works where. The horde guilds as a whole really need improvement so we can catch up to alliance and if we just had a little more communication between each other we could do that.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
This Caylith GM of Remix.

I just want to make it clear, while we supported the idea of this guild forming, we have no intentions of joining or sending a raid team over. I know this post isn't stating that we are, but daily I am getting whispers asking if it's true Remix is merging with this guild. We wish whoever decides to join luck, but do me a favour and take my name off this post so I can end the onslaught of "is it true" whispers. Good luck to you guys, but we have no affiliation here
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
and also I agree with what Mal just said, Remix, much like most of the guys I know from MR are always happy to help with ideas, or fill in for t14 raids.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Well with ToT I run that with my guild because we have a set raid group and throwing in new faces would mess up progression. If a smaller guild on this server needed help with a tier 14 run I'd be more than happy to help them. I think just using these forums as an outlet for saying who needs what would suffice without having 500000 people using one guild chat. I'm not gonna flame doom or anyone over this idea just using my personal opinion. I've been in casual guilds, top guilds, mergers, even was in a top 100 worldwide guild on my warrior at one point, I've seen it all and I've seen guilds crash and burn over small changes like this. I'm sure a few guys in remix or MR would gladly help guilds in tier 14 or offer tips for Tot. I myself give advise on Tot all the time and what works where. The horde guilds as a whole really need improvement so we can catch up to alliance and if we just had a little more communication between each other we could do that.

This Caylith GM of Remix.

I just want to make it clear, while we supported the idea of this guild forming, we have no intentions of joining or sending a raid team over. I know this post isn't stating that we are, but daily I am getting whispers asking if it's true Remix is merging with this guild. We wish whoever decides to join luck, but do me a favour and take my name off this post so I can end the onslaught of "is it true" whispers. Good luck to you guys, but we have no affiliation here

I thank you guys every much for the support of helping other guilds reach the progession and status that you guys have worked for and have been trying so hard to achieve and yes guys leave Caylith alone lol I should have made it more clear that you had no intentions to bring your guild over here but only that you liked the idea people just take things think it means something else.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
If it helps the progression of other guilds why don't we make a list of people that will help these guilds out. I only need a few things out of terrace but will gladly help guilds out with mv or heart of fear. People really should utilize openraid though its a valuable asset for tier 14 content and challenge modes. I want to see this server return to its former glory. I won't join your guild but ill help tank mv or something to help you guys jumpstart progress as long as it doesn't interfere with guild runs.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
If it helps the progression of other guilds why don't we make a list of people that will help these guilds out. I only need a few things out of terrace but will gladly help guilds out with mv or heart of fear. People really should utilize openraid though its a valuable asset for tier 14 content and challenge modes. I want to see this server return to its former glory. I won't join your guild but ill help tank mv or something to help you guys jumpstart progress as long as it doesn't interfere with guild runs.

I think that might be the problem some guilds might have tho. They want to get the guild achievement and progession on the progess sites and you need 8 guild members for that. That would mean only 2 people from other guilds could help out. But 2 is better then nothing I suppose.

(Deleted Above because I forgot to quote)
Edited by Doom on 3/20/2013 1:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
2 members can make the difference though. Say me and caylith tanked a run for a different guild it would make a worlds difference probably.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
True expect fights like Elegon which are a DPS check.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Well let me know.when first mv run is and ill come help out. Don't need any gear will just do it to help a new guild out
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Will do.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Rofl trolls i hardly be on trade chat these days or i just post JC. I be on my ally warrior and yeah doom how Hectic Progression. if anybody join you guys you see how doomx actually raid with his poop dps. Hey REMIX >.<
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]