Blood Horror...Clunky?

90 Undead Warlock
Am I the only one around here that believes blood horror is very clunky?

Having one charge being wasted on a pet is silly.

I also think that is has way too long of a duration to be fun. It lasts 60 seconds with a 30 second cooldown which makes it more of a passive ability rather than an active ability.

Lastly, its only good against melee....can't even be used as dispel fodder against caster...

Here's my suggestion so bear with me. I think it needs to become a more active ability, I have read blue post with my own eyes that say they like these type of abilities in pvp.

What do i mean by this?

I mean it needs to only last like 5 seconds

On top of this "nerf" It needs a huge buff to fix the clunkieness of the spell.

Firstly, it needs to fear ranged as well, Blood Fear was OP because it allowed for CC on healers that peak their heads out from LoS, as long as they don't attack the warlock it won't happen.

The last change that might sound scary/OP is that it needs to Horrify all attackers that attack in the brief duration of the spell and not be consumed/removed by attackers. The duration and cooldown could be adjusted to whatever is balanced.

Here would be a polished Description.

Blood Horror--Lasts 5 Seconds--Cooldown 50 seconds(up from 30 seconds)--Consumes 5% of Max HP

While active, all attacks done to the warlocks will inflict horror on the respective attackers for 4 seconds. Each attacker can only be effected once per cast of blood fear. (This means if they trinket the spell they won't be horrified again if they go in for another attack)

This isn't some plot of mine to make warlocks OP, its a suggestion that fixes the whole 1 charge thing, and it also makes it not useless against casters while not revisiting the old blood fear.
Edited by Magikx on 3/22/2013 3:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
i dont know, but that was a pretty impressive day of rated battlegrounds you had last season... looks like it got reset before you hit 2200...

win trading is a sin
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
i dont know, but that was a pretty impressive day of rated battlegrounds you had last season... looks like it got reset before you hit 2200...

win trading is a sin

Regardless, he's got a good point.

I like the idea.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
what makes you think I win traded? Or are you just trolling?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

win trading is a sin

Regardless, he's got a good point.

I like the idea.

I don't know what he's talking about, I never win traded, hardly ever even did it rbgs unless i got draged in by guildies for the cap, I don't think i even got to 2k.

However, I did stream myself getting 2345 in 3s..., not that its a high rating but this guy is instigating

Edit:He might be talking about the mass amount of achiev's i got, Yeah I was playing with guildies when they were all at 2k mmr and i just started...rbgs for the first time
Edited by Magikx on 3/20/2013 12:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue

10/31/2012 - 1100-2000

That's probably what he's looking at.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
03/20/2013 12:06 AMPosted by Káin

10/31/2012 - 1100-2000

That's probably what he's looking at.

I see i guess that is suspicious, but If I was a win traded i'm pretty sure I would have went all the way to 2.2k, and I think win trading was around for like the entire season, i know it didn't stop on halloween

edit: even if I did wintrade which I didn't...I got my tier 2 from 3s isn't that what people hated about win traders, not deserving the t2?
Edited by Magikx on 3/20/2013 12:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I hate that is so bugged, sometimes it does nothing, sometimes it takes 3-5 seconds to activate, is the most unreliable spell in the game

Also it should not be activated by pets that makes it completely useless in a lot of situations
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I hate that is so bugged, sometimes it does nothing, sometimes it takes 3-5 seconds to activate, is the most unreliable spell in the game

Also it should not be activated by pets that makes it completely useless in a lot of situations

I forgot to mention that, yeah sometimes it gets consumed by nothing, and sometimes it takes way too long to activate, it also doesn't activate with absorption shields on.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

win trading is a sin

Let me clear things up for you. I hate RBG's refused to play them. However my arena partner and guildies insisted I come to get capped and they needed a destro lock.

I was pretty much highest ilvl pvp at the time because I had got capped in arena every single week. (Just missin rbg cap)

Anyways, they convinced me to come because I disovered if I didn't I would be weeks behind getting a t1 weapon.

My CR was 0, I had never played a RBG in my life (Quit during Cata) And all there CR was like 2000+ some were 2.2k maybe.

So our MMR mixed and we were playing teams in which had an MMR of like 1000-1800 all of which got roflstomped by us.

My RBG team members were going up like 1 pt per win and I was going like hundreds or something. Technically, If you want to point fingers and hate me you could say I was carried, however I was pulling my own weight by topping dps and kills.

... Anyhow I still played RBG's after that like 2 games a week or something to get capped, but my rating would go down and up...my achievements say I never even got to 2100.

But thank you, I guess if my success was so good that it looks like I cheated, should take it as a compliment. Kinda like this

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR4woNZr9MRINkI1wOpeLudH_sLlgKkNZVLYl7GNBAe19q9jwfq
Edited by Magikx on 3/20/2013 1:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
bump
Reply Quote
94 Human Rogue
I like the idea as well. I think it might need a longer cool down than just a minute but I like the base idea.

I also don't know if it was just me but on my lock the other day I was fighting a rogue in a random bg and when he would garrote silence me the blood horror buff would go away like it procced but the rogue wouldn't be feared. Just what I observed as another flaw with the move.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I like the idea as well. I think it might need a longer cool down than just a minute but I like the base idea.

I also don't know if it was just me but on my lock the other day I was fighting a rogue in a random bg and when he would garrote silence me the blood horror buff would go away like it procced but the rogue wouldn't be feared. Just what I observed as another flaw with the move.

Yeah I too thought the Cd might need to be bumped up

That's what testing is for.

Also, same thing happen to me with the garrote. I heard that was a known issue on the ptr and was going to be fixed but never did.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
j/k Blizzard doesn't care.

Just use Unbound, it's better.

In fact, if everyone starts using Unbound, in a month the forums will be flooded with posts complaining about warlocks have two trinkets and then they will buff Rush and Horror to compensate. That's how balance works.

that or nerf unbound will haha
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
Hmmm, just no unless they remove some of your insane suvivability, really you have lots of arbsorbs + stones+ heal on damage and one of the best DPS actually so totally no and also it seems that you have a really good experience in arenas so you don't need that bro.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest

Usually both. But seriously, take his advice. Unbound is really good currently.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
03/22/2013 12:46 PMPosted by Conslol

Usually both. But seriously, take his advice. Unbound is really good currently.

yeah i havent played since last season, and of course i used blood fear, so no much xp with unbound.

I mainly just wish blood horror wasn't so situational and clunky
Edited by Magikx on 3/22/2013 1:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
QQ more.

Sincerely,
Druid

Seriously, if your blood fear gets better, my Nature's Grasp damn well better get the same upgrade.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
QQ more.

Sincerely,
Druid

Seriously, if your blood fear gets better, my Nature's Grasp damn well better get the same upgrade.

this forum is so good for having intelligent discussions :)

anyhow, i am making a suggestion to fix a flawed talent. Nature's grasp is baseline isn't it?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]