Fire Mage PVP Damage - 1/2-2/3 of 5.1

90 Troll Mage
My survivability is up with Flameglow but my damage in an average BG is 1/2-2/3 of what it was. I was right up there with Hunters and DK's and now I am not even close. It surprising given I can only see a 10% reduction Pyro and no spread on Living Bomb.

There must be other mechanics at play to impact dmg so much.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
The thing I dont understand is how they can buff frostbolt so much, buff mirror image etc, which all buff frost, then nerf fire. Frost was already the most favoured spec in arenas and bgs and fire was good but not that good that a similar geared frost mage couldnt take you down.

Then, add to that, the fact that the fire glyphs and talents are mostly crap for pvp.

Theres no fire minor glyphs.

Then insult to injury: big buff for rogues, increased damage to dks...the only thing that helps fire mages in arena, will be nerf to 2nd wind.

Edit: also noticed the nerf to KJ's cunning talent for locks...yunno...asif locks were really that bad compared to dks.
Edited by Curioxicity on 3/10/2013 12:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Agreed. I already had difficulties with DK's before their buff. Now, as you point out, you can add Rogues and Monks to the list of classes that really give us grief. I still like fire and am not going to change but this nerf seemed unnecessary.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]