5.2 Leatherworking Patterns

100 Pandaren Monk
Does anyone else feel like Leatherworkers are at a dis-advantage to learn the new patterns since they have to learn pvp gear for rogues, shaman - int, shaman - healing, shaman -agility, hunter, druid gear for healing, boomkin, and cat form and then 2 more sets for monks?!?!

It will take months to get all the patterns and by the time you are able to get the entire sets the pvp season will be almost over! At least 50 days to learn everything is ridiculous. Is there any plan on fixing the patterns or at least letting leather workers learn at least 2 patterns a day to keep the same pace as other professions.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Welcome to the discovery system that has been used in Alchemy, Inscription and Jewelcrafting for years. Blizzard doesn't expect everyone to have every recipe and that you'll happily buy the missing pieces from those who have the recipe. To a point, they are correct. That is what builds an economy in a world.

The reality is that people want to be more self-sufficient in a game and not have to spend 40 hours a week making it work for them. I feel for you on an internal level. Having worked with the consumable professions for years to make gold, I know what you're going through.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Two days of using the scales proc and 2 x Shaman mail gear proc.

The feeling I receive right now is that the new plans are just a waste of time to research. The ilvl 450 gear at least is not locked to every class.
Reply Quote
Are there any PVE patterns available through the daily research?
If so, is there a list of patterns or are they just all the current patterns?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

their are also 522 head and boot patterns that can be learned through this research. 8 I believe - agi mail head & boots, agi leather head & boots, int mail head & boots, int leather head & boots. however there are also 65 some-odd pvp 458 patterns. so you may be lucky and learn what you need soon.. or you can be unlucky and learn it last. it's like the old glyph research system.

I suppose a benefit of being unlucky and learning the pve patterns later is at least that will give time for the haunting spirits required to make them, drop in price on ah.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
So far I've only learned PVP patterns -- but I'm doing this for a cheap way of making Magnificent Hide (and use all the Scales that had been clogging my bank).

My Talior alt learned the 522 PVE hood yesterday. But I have a feeling he won't be getting Haunting Spirits any time soon.

03/10/2013 10:38 AMPosted by Phopaw
Welcome to the discovery system that has been used in Alchemy, Inscription and Jewelcrafting for years.

The Jewelcrafting discovery system is less than 6 months old.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
YES! I wanted rogue PvP patterns. I'm now 4/4 on mail shaman PvP patterns.

/sigh
Edited by Humerus on 3/11/2013 10:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
So far I am able to make Shaman helms...elemental and enhancement.
Shoulders for both,
Chest piece for dps monk and druid Moonkin form.

shaman boots for elemental

new leatherworking satchel.

It will take time to learn all the patterns, 1 a day, 7 days a week. My druid is a LW as well. he actually learned 2 of the Ilvl 522 patterns, leather agility boots and the leather helm for caster/heals.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I have missed the daily one time since 5.2 dropped So far I have gotten all Mail items. I did get the epic Caster mail boots but I have no hunter/shaman toons. Odd RNG to give me all mail items for 5 days.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
At least you guys don't have to wait until stage 4 of Isle of Thunder to even unlock your pattern learning mechanic.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Id be extremely happy if they simply let each recipe be used daily instead of sharing a cool-down.

I mean whats the point in having 2 recipes if you cant use them both?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
Just be happy you're not a blacksmith, since they can't even start doing the daily research cooldown until their server unlocks the special quest mob on the Thundering Isle. Leatherworkers and tailors have it easy:)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
I have been really lucky with the procs, I got a bunch of boot plans discovered which can be used by various classes along with a 522 boots discovery. Although I doubt anyone in my realm will be able to make them. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/94271
Reply Quote

I learned Spirit Keeper Footguards on the third day after 5.2 hit.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
The new crafted pvp patterns aren't even worth making. It's just to easy to get honor gear to make them have any value.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
INDEEED WE NEED TO BE ABLE TO MAKE STUFF THAT KEEPS UP
Reply Quote
91 Worgen Hunter
It's good to see they've been consistent with !@#$ing up the professions.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I find it funny that your complaining about this. Ya sure we can't choose what patterns to learn, but look at it this way. At least we are not blacksmiths who cant even begin to learn their patterns till Stage 4 at the earliest. so be thankful for what you have and stop complaining.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I find it funny that your complaining about this. Ya sure we can't choose what patterns to learn, but look at it this way. At least we are not blacksmiths who cant even begin to learn their patterns till Stage 4 at the earliest. so be thankful for what you have and stop complaining.

I wont be surprised if BS could catch up. We have like 80+ patterns to learn...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Deathfish? Really?
...and what exactly do we have? Hours of wasted time and not much to show for it?
Since there are starving kids in Ethiopia, starvation here at home is irrelevant?
..Sorry, I cant follow that (..and I'm being generous here..) "logic".

Finally earning Zen in Leather working has to be the single biggest let-down of my entire WoW experience. So much so that I just quit leveling primary professions on my alts. Whats the use?
Over-burdened busy work, followed by same, with virtually no pay-off isnt my idea of a good time. Of course, anyone who likes that sort of mindless exercise in futility should be happy as a pig in.. well you know. :>

Oh well. I have noticed that COOKING has become a near mandatory skill and has gotten a lot of attention in MoP.
In Panderdia cooks and trees are actually competing for space.

Yeah, before this I had never realized how closely related COOKING is to fighting.
So wise Blizz. "WAR"-"CRAFT" ??? 0_0
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]