What happened Dalaran?!

90 Troll Druid
I found Cana's novel impossible to read.
Reply Quote
92 Human Warrior
I found Cana's novel impossible to read.

Me too...and I wrote it. I was pretty fired up after cancelling two raids.

TLDR:

What "needs" to happen will never happen. If one wants to raid, (1) Pay Blizzard $25 and transfer (2) Buy Battlechest and RAF yourself on another server.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Rogue
We should email all of our old friends who used to play on Dalaran and convince them to reform their guilds.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
We should email all of our old friends who used to play on Dalaran and convince them to reform their guilds.

What will all the people from fifteen ex-Ascend and MoS explosion guilds do?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
hey
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
This is a post I made in a recruitment thread. Seems more appropriate here.

Don't you guys get tired of clamoring and clawing for any decent raider nowadays? Geez, I remember doing that !@#$ back when I was on alliance on Dalaran. Was not fun at all. Just move your guilds off the server already, if they mean that much to you paying the price shouldn't matter much. All the good raiders are already in guilds on the server and the rest are just well, not very good. IDK obviously this is my opinion but even when I was on Dal back when it was still semi alive finding anybody worthwhile was impossible. Just makes me sad to see people still struggling to enjoy the the game because their server is dead.

Move on, sure you have memories here, but make new ones with new people on a server that's actually good. I only say this because after Doom died I took a year off, left Dal and never looked back. Been having a lot of fun with MoP as far as raiding goes so far. Speaking to Slayer mostly I guess, because of my brief interaction with you, I know you're a good GM and RL, I just like to see people I used to know from Dal still having a good time with the game. And I do read these forums still, it just doesn't seem like that's the case.

Maybe I'm completely misinterpreting stuff and you couldn't be more happy with where you are, but I have to wonder if that's just because you don't know how much better it can be somewhere else.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Don't you guys get tired of clamoring and clawing for any decent raider nowadays? Geez, I remember doing that !@#$ back when I was on alliance on Dalaran. Was not fun at all. Just move your guilds off the server already, if they mean that much to you paying the price shouldn't matter much. All the good raiders are already in guilds on the server and the rest are just well, not very good. IDK obviously this is my opinion but even when I was on Dal back when it was still semi alive finding anybody worthwhile was impossible. Just makes me sad to see people still struggling to enjoy the the game because their server is dead.

Move on, sure you have memories here, but make new ones with new people on a server that's actually good. I only say this because after Doom died I took a year off, left Dal and never looked back. Been having a lot of fun with MoP as far as raiding goes so far. Speaking to Slayer mostly I guess, because of my brief interaction with you, I know you're a good GM and RL, I just like to see people I used to know from Dal still having a good time with the game. And I do read these forums still, it just doesn't seem like that's the case.

Maybe I'm completely misinterpreting stuff and you couldn't be more happy with where you are, but I have to wonder if that's just because you don't know how much better it can be somewhere else.

You hit it on the head. I love coming back to Dalaran to hang out, but it's dead, especially Horde side. Yeah there are guilds that are chugging along and all, but there really aren't that many people nor is there much on the AH. It's still better than a lot of other servers, but not by much.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
It's all been downhill since Mychen quit.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
Dalaran died with the dragon knights.

Oh man I remember those guys when I used to play on the server.

They were pretty much the life of the server for a while, sad to see that they're gone
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Dalaran died with the dragon knights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EQ6eHeBrhM

Your leather bondage suit is making me uncomfortable.

In all seriousness though, I miss the !@#$ talking in trade on this server. It used to be so much fun.
Edited by Febreeze on 6/4/2013 7:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Monk
Dalaran crumbled to pieces the day I left, as foretold in the trade chat prophecies~

Really though, if you're still on Dalaran and absolutely hate the emptiness, now's a pretty good time to transfer...cheaper and all. My current server has most certainly absorbed a lot of guilds lately.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Dalaran crumbled to pieces the day I left, as foretold in the trade chat prophecies~

But your name is not Zerxes.

Also, I enjoy your 2s team name. What happened with your rogue? D:
Reply Quote
100 Troll Monk
06/09/2013 10:34 PMPosted by Febreeze

But your name is not Zerxes.

Also, I enjoy your 2s team name. What happened with your rogue? D:

I transcended my rogueish ways.
It was pretty easy with the 40 yard range.

Windwalker is a pretty entertaining spec, and feels related enough to a rogue for me to enjoy it.
Also...combo points (chi) on self. Because, yeah.

p.s.
I'm secretly Zerxes.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Yes, I must say that I find Windwalker very satisfying as a spec, although they are annoying as hell in PVP as flag carriers.

Roll Roll + Tigers Lust + FSK

Muh gad.
Reply Quote
81 Pandaren Warrior

You hit it on the head. I love coming back to Dalaran to hang out, but it's dead, especially Horde side. Yeah there are guilds that are chugging along and all, but there really aren't that many people nor is there much on the AH. It's still better than a lot of other servers, but not by much.

This all goes back to my original post about GreenWall Addon... Its basicly a multipul guild chat ... could benefiet both sides .... having 3 or more guilds able to talk to one another could provide the advantage the server needs.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Well, since they announced virtual realms, I don't think "Dalaran" will be that dead anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
its been dead. it died over a year ago when ascend left. it was a raiding realm and when the only guild to have full content cleared it died. and its stayed that way. i cant even get in world bosses, isle rares or a battlegroup that can one shot everything. this whole server is gone

dalaran died when buns quit
Edited by Altlaw on 6/19/2013 8:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
Last time I was on Dalaran, I was in PIE.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]