Addons for healing?

Hello, so I am going to make a restoration shaman. I have used healbot in the past, but I wonder if there are now better addons out there (from curse only please, I don't like clicking on links so names of the addons are awesome)

Is healbot a bad playstyle to get used to because it involves clicking with the mouse rather than keybinds, or does it truly not matter with healers (at end game)?

All help is appreciated :)
Reply Quote
I like Vuhdo because of all the customization options it includes, although I think it's probably the most complicated one to set up. Took me a while to figure it out and I'm still not sure I understand everything it can do.

It's really all a matter of personal preference. It's been a while since I tried any others, but I think most of the healing addons (healbot, clique, vuhdo) are mouseover clicking which I think is actually faster than keybinds because you're casting the spell and targeting the player at the same time, instead of needing to target first and then hit a key.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
Is healbot a bad playstyle to get used to because it involves clicking with the mouse rather than keybinds, or does it truly not matter with healers (at end game)?

They are kind of the same thing (note: I said KIND OF).

Using keybinds combined with the default frames is doable but you don't get the left/right click functionality that you do with a healing addon.

If Bliz allowed us to use that functionality, I'd drop vuhdo in a heart beat.

To be honest, right now I prefer to use vuhdo- we only get so much macro space.
Edited by Jujubiju on 3/13/2013 4:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I have been a raiding holy paladin for 8 years and I just use Grid without any mouseover macros.

It's all about getting used to doing it a certain way. Then, there is no real difference in what you use.
Edited by Bionìx on 3/13/2013 5:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
they're right, you have to try several options and find the option you like best.

personally i prefer click to heal and vuhdo. I used healbot for a long time but switched to vuhdo recently..it is complicated to set-up but i used a guide. vuhdo offers more options and if someone is out of your range an arrow shows you where they are so you can heal them. people annoy me so that helps. :P
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
they're right, you have to try several options and find the option you like best.

personally i prefer click to heal and vuhdo. I used healbot for a long time but switched to vuhdo recently..it is complicated to set-up but i used a guide. vuhdo offers more options and if someone is out of your range an arrow shows you where they are so you can heal them. people annoy me so that helps. :P

I concur, I used healbot for years but made the switch to vuhdo about a week ago. I definitely had to spend some time setting it up (I had no guide, maybe I should look for one) but it was very much worth it. I was still able to configure all my click combinations to be the same as I had them in healbot, so my muscle memory doesn't work against me.

I know vuhdo has an option to begin the cast on the down-click or down-press for a button, rather than when the click or press is released, which can speed things up. I'm not sure if healbot has this option.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Tidy plates + mouseovers works great too
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]