Looking for Some Info Please

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Alright, as the title implies I am looking for information about this realm, the guilds on it, the attitudes of people, and the community of this server. I am looking for as much info as possible as I am looking to transfer from my current server. I don't get that feeling of community from my guild nor my server. It is also a low pop server and as we all know, World of Warcraft is a social game. I am looking for a server that either has 1:1 ratio or Horde dominated as I am unwilling to go Alliance.

A little personal history on me: I have played this game since early BC days and have always enjoyed all aspects of this game. I am currently only 4/6 MSV normal because of a personal break I needed to take after getting a new job and house. I'm 27 years old, married, with 2 children, have a full time job, am a full time student, and WoW addict.

What I am looking for: Drama free guild centered around community and friendship. I seek the guild that is tight knit but also has a plethora of things to occupy members with. I do enjoy raiding, dailies, old content, pet battles, and am working on some PVP aspects of the game. I am by no means hardcore or an elitist but that doesn't mean I enjoy wiping due to dumb mistakes or carelessness. My schedule is somewhat flexible but I would prefer to only raid 2 nights a week between 6-9 with every other Tuesday being off limits due to meetings at work.

As previously stated, I am looking for any and all information related to this server, the economy, the guilds, the people, and the community on this server. If you have any questions for me please don't hesitate to ask.

Reply Quote
100 Troll Death Knight
I have to say that the people and the community here are top notch... I Transferred to kil'jaeden at the end of cata and the community there paled in comparison. I obviously found my way back here.

This server is admittedly on somewhat of a decline in progression. Many guilds can't down content at a moderate speed (27 out of 92 guilds on this server full cleared normal modes... and only 1 guild full cleared heroics. Also only 6 out of 10 of the top 10 guilds on this server are still here since the new patch) So pugs can be decent, but not fulfilling. You almost certainly need to be in a guild's core raid group that has at least some form of synergy to clear content at a reasonable rate.

This is a PVE server so generally speaking the pvp skill level is rather low on average but there are definitely some decently skilled pvp players here... you just have to find them. Which is not always easy.

Economy wise... I'd say if you have the time to invest that it's rather easy to make gold using the AH. I'd say its more of a sellers market then a buyers. But really it comes down to how much time you invest, whether you use addons or not for the AH, and the resources you have at your disposal. I was able to maintain approx 200-300k gold for a rather long time when I was trying... but after I stopped trying to sell things and keep my gold at that amount, Within 3 months my gold has dwindled to a mere 5k due to the fact that I've been buying all my raiding consumables out of the AH and not farming for them and/or replacing the gold I spend.

Overall I'd say that I wouldn't rather be on any other server... but it really depends on you, and what you are looking for. If you are very skilled/serious about raiding there are a few decent guilds you can get into and raid with... but being that type of person I doubt you would want to get stuck in a guild that is not like-minded. On the flip side, if you are more casual and less serious about raiding and PVP then I doubt you will find anything to complain about on this server.
Edited by Ðeathstrike on 3/14/2013 2:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Thank you for the reply. You have given me a wealth of information and I really appreciate it. I have narrowed my search down to a few servers that I am still interested in. I don't have a great deal of gold (~50k) but I plan to take every cent with me when I transfer.

Again, thank you for the information, it has been really helpful. :D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]