Is it just me or is t15 a tad overtuned.

90 Orc Death Knight
Is it just me or are the fights in 10m normal a little over the top early on in the tier and then get easier as the tier goes on? It seems like compared to other tiers the progression is quite behind the norm.
Edited by Grishnok on 3/14/2013 8:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
Do you mean 15?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
yes
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
No you are just a bit undergeared. In my opinion their difficulty is tuned just right becuase an easy raid is a boring raid.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
Horridon and Council will get a LOT easier as you gear up. If you can kill a large Horridon add before the next lands, and if you can take down a Council member the required amount before he starts nuking, you've got the fight.

I can't help but admire the design really, it's challenging for us now, but in a few weeks time we'll move through it quickly and onto other fights which will then be challenging.
Edited by Autumni on 3/14/2013 10:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Monk
Gear helps, but the difficulty is all over though. Jin'rokh is easy. There's a decent jump with Horridon/Council. Tortos is pretty easy. Megaera is a lot more difficult (though easier now than before w/ the nerf to put it in line with 25, but I'd still rank it maybe the 3rd hardest fight). Ji-kun is fairly easy, at least on 10. Durumu's somewhere in the middle. Primordius and Animus are easy. Iron Qon is decently difficult. Consorts is a joke. Lei Shen is decently difficult. Keep in mind when I say difficult, it's relative to the other fights in the instance and not necessarily that I think the fight is hard, and it's coming in with a fully heroic geared raid.

It's hard to really say that the difficulty has to scale linearly as you progress. Ideally it does, but some mechanics are "interesting" but translate to not being very difficult to deal with or vice versa. But at the same time, it is a bit silly to go from wiping on Iron Qon for a few hours (mostly due to us failing to deal with arc lightning properly) to 2-shotting Consorts though.
Edited by Emerya on 3/14/2013 10:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Pretty sure it's on par with Ulduar and ICC in terms of difficulty.
Reply Quote
94 Human Paladin

The progression data don't support this conclusion.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
Jin'rokh is Morchok 2.0.

FTFY
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
A large part of it also depends on whether or not your healers' classes can cure disease.

Let me guess, your DPS don't know how to move
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
Let me guess, you run 25-man - hey I was right.

What does that have to do with anything...? s/he is right.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
03/15/2013 02:19 AMPosted by Tewa
On a 25-man, you have more aoe slows to keep the adds from hitting people.

Uh...duh? again, what does this have to do what s/he said? sorry but it seems like you're trying to use excuses for your raids play, or lack thereof.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
03/14/2013 11:50 PMPosted by Osmeric

The progression data don't support this conclusion.

What's your concept of an appropriately tuned raid, in a world with three difficulty settings? I'm curious, because you've been posting here for years arguing that everything is overtuned.

Do you not like the LFR for randoms, normal modes for organised guilds, heroics for guilds who want a challenge model? Or do you not think they live up to it?
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
What it has to do with what I said is explained in the post. Try reading the whole thing instead of just quoting the first line and giving an ignorant reply.

I actually did read the whole thing, the simple thing you're either not getting or ignoring is that what's stopping your guys in 10 man from slowing and/or moving? your inability to provide an actual answer - instead of an excuse - doesn't make my reply "ignorant." You don't need one if your DPS know how to move, but go right ahead and keep trying.

I just took a look at your raid comp, you have a Hunter, SP, and Mage - all of which can at least slow, if not root and stun. The Hunter himself can slow multiple targets at once, while DPSing, but putting a bit of stress on him. That's not taking into account the Ret, Feral, or Rogue.
Edited by Naumu on 3/15/2013 2:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Oh a 25-man, half your DPS can kite the adds around, leaving the other half to kill them

If your DPS don't know how to kill low health adds while kiting I honestly don't know what to tell you but "I'm sorry."
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]