Fix the Chess Event Blizz....

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Should a level 90 character spend three hours trying to solo a level 70 dungeon boss? You boasted about making old content easier to solo, but Kara chess is ridiculous. There is WAY too much RNG in this script.

No....they shouldn't. Especially when I am 3-4 shotting every other boss in the zone.

Fix the cheats!! I've tried every strat I can find and the alliance king goes UNTOUCHED. If you're not going to lower the amount of cheats used, then UP the AI of non-player controlled pieces. I've yet to see a piece move on it's own. With a ten second debuff, I cannot move pieces fast enough, and cover my king from the cheats.

I've bubbled off the debuff every time in order to try and move pieces faster, but I can't keep up with the opposing side.

Here's some things you can do:

--You want cheats? Fine...lower the damage on them. They literally EAT my king while I wait for the debuff to fall off.
--Make non-controlled pieces smarter, make them move. I get two pawns moved and the opposing side has cheated once and moved 6 pieces.
--Lower the debuff time. 10 seconds with the amount of cheats and moves going on is ridiculous.

I actually thought I had a chance once. When the opposing king moved to the side and I had most of my pieces in the middle. Good protection for my king, and the opposing king was alone. NOPE......my pieces stood there and let the king beat them down while I am trying to heal and shuffle my king through cheats. At the end the opposing king was 90pct health and had been surrounded by two pawns, a wolf and a demon. Seriously??

Edit: Other suggestions

--lower the CD's on controlled pieces offensive and healing moves. I get in a healer to heal the king, and have to wait to heal. Time is CRUCIAL when the other side is moving and attacking 1000% faster than you.
--Make the event start when you control A PIECE, do not make it be the king. It's redundant to control him at start. None of your pieces can get near an enemy so using his buff when you start in him is a moot point.
--Lower the move time on enemy pieces. I just watched a pawn move all the way across the board before I could move one pawn one step forward. That's not to mention the water elementals that were moving fast too.

My latest attempt....I kept the king at full health almost the entire game. RNG helped...but...my enemy literally obliterated every one of my pieces while I was moving the king back and forth between cheats and healing him. I took a screenshot....every one of my pieces except for the king was dead. And the enemy king was near full health. He just walks up and lays waste to my pieces while they hit him with a wet noodle.
Edited by Crotalis on 3/14/2013 11:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
I'm torn. On one hand, I can already see where you're going wrong in your strategy and really want to say L2P. On the other, I've soloed Chess once, and that was because King Llane immediately moved onto a fire spot that I had cleared my king off of.

Soloing is very possible... but at the same time, it's stupid how much of it is up to RNG (buddy who claimed he had the perfect strategy wiped four times in a row because the enemy pawns moved so fast that they blocked him in while trying to show me up).
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Sigh, so even in level 70 content the solution to a challenging encounter isn't "get better", it's "NERF IT!"

let me guess, the king has the same health on 10man as 25man?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Karazhan is a 10-man raid. There is no 25-man mode.
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Paladin
it's annoying, but doable. you need some rng to make life easier.

first step: move the piece in front of your king. this is so you can move it out of fire when medivh cheats.

then, spam cleave and lust. hop into the locks to heal if necessary, but most of the time this works ok. may take a few tries though
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Sigh, so even in level 70 content the solution to a challenging encounter isn't "get better", it's "NERF IT!"

Lol
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
If you make a plan and execute it you can easily 1-2 shot it. Chess isn't hard.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
03/15/2013 06:07 AMPosted by Denizi
Karazhan is a 10-man raid. There is no 25-man mode.

Another victory for sarcasm on the internet
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
<- been soloing chess since level 70. it's not hard. get better
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
heres a tip thats saved me many times when there warchief casts cheat fire on ground move out of the way and get the warchief to stand in it kills him super fast.
Edited by Brayjunaz on 3/16/2013 2:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]