What am I doing wrong?

90 Orc Hunter
I can't kill healers. I don't know why. Just did a BG where I dispelled a resto druid 30 times and only pressured him once. I was BM, using tranq shot during BW and pressuring with my pet but I was just doing not enough damage to him at all...I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. This play only had 21% PvP power, resto druid, 64% PvP Resil....Will more gear even make a huge difference? I was following him for 4 minutes trying to kill him and I couldn't...it just seems impossible. When I get him to 60% I stun him with my pet. If he roots me and my pet I use my crane to lullaby. If he hard casts regrowth I silencing shot, if I see him get lower I scatter shot and pop CDs to blow him up and I can't do it. I have yet to kill a healer 1v1 yet I see everyone else do it. No idea what I'm doing wrong...
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Well I can see how a Rdruid is hard to solo, any healer really but those Rdruids are especially "slippery".

I would try to use my sustained to get him low, lock out some of his casts pool focus and save CD's for when he gets low then : BURST !

Either way tricky business. More gear would also help adding to the pressure you're trying to put out. And i haven't tried MM this patch so not sure about your burst atm. Going to try it out later though. I know as BM i can get a Rdruid low real fast, almost KS range.

And then it depends on player skill. I have met some Rdruids that play their class so well it makes you want to smash your keyboard !
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Two words to help you out...

widow venom....
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Try killing a warrior with pvp gear who has second wind as SV then get back to me about resto druids.
Reply Quote
54 Night Elf Warrior
burst that resto in beast master, at 50%, trinkets, murder of crows, stampede, KC, barrage. something like that, works for my hunter. however i dont solo healers i usually go with a rogue.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Widow venom, intimidation, silencing shot, chain that cc.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I do all of that, but they just spam dispels when it's off CD....We need an ability/glyph that auto applies it for 0 focus. Sick of spamming tranq shot during BW, getting 40 + dispels and I can't kill a healer. Disc priests are JUST as bad if not worse in my opinion. I don't want to use my devilsaurs just to keep it up 24/7 in a 1v1 situation. The only reason I try to solo healers in BGs is to keep the occupied. If I can take the enemies team top healer occupied with me on his heels while being a nuisance and they can't heal the group. I accomplished something.

Try killing a warrior with pvp gear who has second wind as SV then get back to me about resto druids.

I have, it's not difficult. 5.1 I was strictly survival. Thinking about going back instead of MM/BM. I only have MM when I'm in premades because of the pressure. I go BM during solo q'd BGs for the BW ability.
Edited by Yobhguod on 3/17/2013 5:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
1. You have your cat in cunning. Try him in Ferocity. While now we can have our pets in any spec, a family that was not designed with a skill to be in that spec will do poorly. For example. I am BM with a devilsaur. I just got a fenstrider. That Devilsaur is a ferocity killing machine. Putting him in anything else is retarded.

2. try using a pet that also reduces healing, aka devilsaur, or use a pet that silences...

3. scatter shot and wyvern sting him... do everything in your power to interupt/silence him. Make sure to fire snake trap as you might get some mind numb poison.

4. Stop being honorable and gang bang on some healers. Get a rogue or a warrior or another hunter and butt hump them! Winning is winning... They laughing at you for trying to kill them 1v1 might as well laugh at them destroying them 3v1. AND who cares if they !@#$% and moan on the forums... "Oh you have to get more then one to take me down." Good! means you pissing them off.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
03/17/2013 09:28 PMPosted by Refourm
Stop being honorable and gang bang on some healers. Get a rogue or a warrior or another hunter and butt hump them!

Took the words right out of my mouth.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
I never understood the one on one thing... Makes no sense to me at all. as the great Dom from fast and furious said, "Winning is winning no matte if it is a by a mile or by an inch!"
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
03/16/2013 02:37 PMPosted by Yobhguod
I can't kill healers. I don't know why. Just did a BG where I dispelled a resto druid 30 times and only pressured him once. I was BM, using tranq shot during BW and pressuring with my pet but I was just doing not enough damage to him at all...I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. This play only had 21% PvP power, resto druid, 64% PvP Resil....Will more gear even make a huge difference?

Gear does make a difference, if the healer greatly out-gears you then don't even bother for the most part.
For Druids, wait until after they blow their treeform CD, keep Widow venom up (or use Devilsaur), keep them stunned or rooted as much as you can to keep them in line of sight, during BW spam Tranq (to dispel HoTs) & Kill Command. Make a "Swifty" macro with BW, Rapid Fire, Rabid, Stampede and on-use PvP trinket. No healer can withstand this amount of burst if their CD's are down and they're caught out in the open. Use Silence Shot to interrupt their casts during burst phase.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
You said the guy had 64% resilience. Thats the current cap if im not mistaken so he was geared vs you who has half dreadful on. You werent supposed to win that fight. A healer is a hard fight in itself when you both are equally geared for your class.

You have to work em down with pressure and save the silence shots and USE EVERYTHING when you go to kill Wtih readiness so you can double silence, wrath, traps everything! I use glyph of explosive trap. Not just for knocking people off of the lumber mill but If i see him trying to do hard casts it will interrupt it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]