Vikings @ History Channel

90 Draenei Death Knight
Anyone watch this show? I've watched the first three episodes. The first episode started out fairly strong and I thought it was decent. The second episode seemed a bit weak from a design point but the third episode finished really strong.
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
I watched them too, and I LOVED them. They actually said that they will make it into a full-fledged TV series if the viewership is strong. Haven't missed a single episode yet and am doing my part to make it happen.
Edited by Sorrowless on 3/18/2013 10:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
At this point I'm super skeptical about shows on the history channel, it seems like they're coasting on pawn stars and american pickers at this point.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
At this point I'm super skeptical about shows on the history channel, it seems like they're coasting on pawn stars and american pickers at this point.

And yet production on both Vikings and The Bible have turned out very strong.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
03/19/2013 08:19 PMPosted by Snozberries

And yet production on both Vikings and The Bible have turned out very strong.

The previews actually looked pretty decent, but this is the same network that thought shows like ancient aliens were good....
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight

The previews actually looked pretty decent, but this is the same network that thought shows like ancient aliens were good....

True... but Vikings is in a completely different genre than anything else that has been on the History channel. It's not a historical program (though you get some insight into some Viking culture) nor is it a program about philosophies or science or any other Who/What/Why program. I'd compare Vikings to programs such as Game of Thrones or Sopranos or Walking Dead (at least in format)... and the History Channel really doesn't have any programs that are of a similar nature.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
and the History Channel really doesn't have any programs that are of a similar nature.

Ragnar Lothbrok is a historical figure. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ragnar_Lodbrok

The show is very similar to Hatfields and McCoys. Historical dramatization.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
03/20/2013 07:58 AMPosted by Snozberries
and the History Channel really doesn't have any programs that are of a similar nature.

Ragnar Lothbrok is a historical figure. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ragnar_Lodbrok

The show is very similar to Hatfields and McCoys. Historical dramatization.

Vikings comes of much more like 300 than Hatfields and McCoys. Sure they might have used some real people but it was not meant to be accurate.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
I've watched all 4 with my girlfriend so far, we both love it. The main male character reminds us a lot of Jax on Sons of Anarchy, and the main female is a great character too. The king plays his role well and we already have intense hatred for that pudgy little midget who does the kings bidding for him.

Good characters, great show so far.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]