Why do all "fun" items have such long CDs?

90 Human Paladin
Why did they take away my Di
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage
If a criminal robbed a bank, would the bank tellers/customers be arrested for the crime? That is essentially what Blizzard is doing

I wish people on the net would stop making analogies...they suck at it.

You are not being arrested for the crime...but have to deal with extra security
Reply Quote
91 Human Warlock
"Sorry guys we accidentally put a entertaining item in this patch, Don't worry we hotfixed your fun so you could focus more dailies"-Blizz
Edited by Hokum on 3/19/2013 7:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage
"Sorry guys we accidentally put a entertaining item in this patch, Don't worry we hotfixed your fun so you could focus more dailies"-Blizz

More like "Sorry we put something fun in the game that your fellow players decided it was better to use it to cheat. We have to remove the cheat but have kept the fun effect." - Blizz

Either way, I am being inconvenienced, by Blizzard, due to the actions of others
Then blame the "others" and their actions. What do you want Blizz to do, stop fixing cheats and exploits?
Edited by Solaru on 3/19/2013 7:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
91 Human Warlock
03/19/2013 07:04 PMPosted by Solaru

More like "Sorry we put something fun in the game that your fellow players decided it was better to use it to cheat. We have to remove the cheat but have kept the fun effect." - Blizz

Either way, I am being inconvenienced, by Blizzard, due to the actions of others
Then blame the "others" and their actions. What do you want Blizz to do, stop fixing cheats and exploits?

Using it to save a few gold on repairs is cheating? You can't honestly tell me you believe Blizz didn't see this coming from a mile away?

I'm not sure you actually know what cheating or exploiting is if you considered that to be one(Am i missing something or was it really nerfed, because people where saving themselves from repair bills?).
Edited by Hokum on 3/19/2013 7:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Much of the time, 'fun' items are nerfed to prevent an exploit of one sort or another.

Cheaters are why you can't have nice things. Well, they're still pretty nice, just not as often.

just wondering, how would one exploit them? O_o they don't really do anything to give an advantage in combat xD
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
I hate to break it to you, but being inconvenienced for the actions of others is life. Being incensed won't accomplish anything. Offer up a better solution to the problem yourself, or deal with it. That's what being an adult means, not ranting about how bad the world is for daring to not match your ideals.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage

Either way, I am being inconvenienced, by Blizzard, due to the actions of others. It is wrong no matter how you look at it.

Throughout life, you will find yourself inconvenienced by the actions of others. For example, I'm not allowed to own a fully automatic rifle, because of the actions of others.

The proper course is to deal with it.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage
03/19/2013 07:09 PMPosted by Hokum
Using it to save a few gold on repairs is cheating?

When an entire raid group farms the item because it will help them do a boss over and over again...yes. The wipes and repairs have always been a roadblock to "just one more attempt tonight".

You can't honestly tell me you believe Blizz didn't see this coming from a mile away?
Unlike me, Blizz actually believes the best in the "community". As I said tonight, I would not trust the community to butter my toast.

03/19/2013 07:09 PMPosted by Hokum
I'm not sure you actually know what cheating or exploiting is

I'm fairly certain Blizz does though. I did not use the "c" word on this matter till they did.
Reply Quote
Much of the time, 'fun' items are nerfed to prevent an exploit of one sort or another.

Cheaters are why you can't have nice things. Well, they're still pretty nice, just not as often.

perhaps we could petition that you guys make the dagger hit durability (reflected in the tooltip so people know whats going on), and put the cooldown back to 5 minutes, i know for sure ill still be killing myself for lols often enough, and a repair bill is like a tiny itch in almost everyones wallets so it wont be a big deal except to the death happy people
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Piss poor development and piss poor handling of cheaters are why you can't have nice things. Well, they're still pretty nice, just not as often.

Fixed. Carry on.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Monk

Oh I get it! Thats like mass punishment in the military! One screws up, the entire battalion is slaughtered! Good job guys--way to keep that moral up.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue

How can you exploit it? YOU KILL YOURSELF?
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
make it take durability BOOM FIXED
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Mage
make it take durability BOOM FIXED

Not sure they want a "fun" item to cost gold to use. That seems more of a nerf to "fun" than a longer CD.

03/19/2013 07:50 PMPosted by Initiative
How can you exploit it?

I think a few examples have been given in the thread. I was just thinking as well that they item would have been required for progression raiding and you would have all the raiders farming it.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Some people are also exploiting feign death, vanish, and invisibility to avoid repair bills. Please look into giving these skills 30 minute cooldowns.

Hehe, I love it.

I'm just wary about making jokes. Next thing you know is Blizzard will auto damage everyones armor every time a boss resets, even if you didn't die.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
Unlike me, Blizz actually believes the best in the "community". As I said tonight, I would not trust the community to butter my toast.

Then you need to stop flaunting your crispy, well toasted, perfectly buttered toast so recklessly. It makes me HOUNGRY. And then I have to steal it. And you have longer legs than I do so running away isn't an option for me....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]