Oondasta's Spawn is clearly too long

By what I was looking at Oondasta will avg. around 3-5 spawns a week.
Lets say a Max of 250 people get the tag for the kill at the time(being as at near 200 today the world server crashed while killing him) and each week a server sees 5 spawns. That means a maximum of 1250 per server have access to these items on this boss. I thought Blizzard said the boss was supposed to be hard to kill, not hard to find due to spawn rate. This makes no sense especially since they told the community they would be lowering spawn times on world bosses... Dazed and Confused as to why this is the case with this boss and as to why inaccessibility is what will keep me from killing him not ability
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
VS
How is Oondasta hard to find? He only spawns at the Isle of Giants. Someone is gonna hear him pop and rush to Trade to tell everyone. Blizzard only said they were upping Galleon's spawn time. You being not online when he pops is sort of what always happens with a rare.
Reply Quote
You obviously did not read the whole thing I wrote, thank you
Reply Quote
Aren't you tired of everything being so easy to find and so easy to kill? It brings a taste of WoW from ages past where only the most dedicated and hard-working players could accomplis these feats. Blizzard said it was designed to be a challenge. Why not take its spawn time as a blessing in disguise. If you work hard enough and are lucky enough, then you'll feel even more accomplished when you down it!
Reply Quote
For an example of just how much more fun it makes it to accomplish when it's epic to do so, read this post I just found.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8197649814

The pictures show a myriad of skeletons lying around and the OP says it took four raid teams to barely take him down. Now that sounds like a fight to behold! and if it takes that much effort to take him down, it sounds like he might stay up for a while after spawning too granting you the chance to try your best!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
I thought they were just lowering spawn times for Sha and Galleon?

One new world boss is going to have a spawn timer like Sha and the other will have a long timer like Galleon did.
Edited by Niniava on 3/10/2013 1:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/282559474869358592

That's what I was looking for!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
Oondasta was a fun fight.

http://i.imgur.com/qEkWTuF.jpg
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I can live with the spawn rate, but not with the amount of players it takes, we tried with 2 full 40m raid groups and it was clearly not enough (or maybe we all were doing it all wrong), it was impossible to actually get more players since she was up in a very low population server and late at night. Even by inviting players from many other servers we couldn't make it work resulting in a few wipes and people quitting afterwards. Sadly I will never be able to fight her in my server since is horde over populated; not sure when I will get lucky to get an invite from another alliance server that can get as many players that are needed to defeat her. :(
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
this looks like it will be interesting, i will have to try to find a raid for him next week. then cry when it drops gold...
Reply Quote
Aren't you tired of everything being so easy to find and so easy to kill? It brings a taste of WoW from ages past where only the most dedicated and hard-working players could accomplis these feats. Blizzard said it was designed to be a challenge. Why not take its spawn time as a blessing in disguise. If you work hard enough and are lucky enough, then you'll feel even more accomplished when you down it!

Difficulty has nothing to do with me having to alter my sleep schedule to down a Boss. Reward has nothing to do with spawn rate. I'm not some WoTLK/Cata Baby(No Offense) I have been playing since Vanilla and mainly BC I know what putting the time to get the reward in this game means. Such as grinding out ALL the Primals needed to make my Frozen Shadoweave set for my Shadow Priest Main of the time. So I have to reiterate , If they would like to make a boss difficult to down I have no problem with that BUT making it difficult to even get to see it up... that's a problem.....
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
this looks like it will be interesting, i will have to try to find a raid for him next week. then cry when it drops gold...

I didn't think about this... now its going to hunt me lol
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I downed him yesterday xrealm. I think there were 2, maybe 3 raid groups. The ONLY way to do it is to bring him down to where the graveyard is because you WILL die and it takes way too long to run back.
Reply Quote
We just had this happen on Bleeding Hollow when he was at 20% T_T
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
For the gear he drops, and how he's open to the entire server plus faction tap? I say his spawn time is fine.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
i missed the spawn today because i was working till midnight on my server. by that time i already missed oondasta, but oh well. just means ill have to wait till he spawns again. no problem with that. same thing happened with me and galleon.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
and for vanilla thing...i started during cata. i would of started earlier but i was young as !@#$ when wow first came out and parents didnt want to spend 15 a month for a game. so now im 23 and im playing it now. i already know how it feels like to grind like most other people that played before me then again i probably dont.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
It's not a loot pinata like Galleon. It has a great loot table, but the drop chance is SUPER low (1%). Once people figure that out they are going to stop doing it and Oondasta will just sit there untouched for days at a time.

It's not a way to get gear. It's a super difficult world boss.

I personally like how it's tuned, and for as much griefing as I had for Galleon (mostly because it was so easy we killed it on 2nd day of MoP with a group of 22 87's, so therefore a full group of 90's could kill it in within 30 seconds of spawning), Oondasta is pretty much perfect for a world boss.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
It's not a loot pinata like Galleon.

Being on a one sided faction server doesn't make anything a loot pinata. If everyone that attacked a rare (horde and alliance) got loot, then I'd agree. but no. I did not get loot or kill galleon more than once before ToT. Some loot pinata.
Edited by Babelon on 3/12/2013 9:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I killed him last week and both the kill and the coin were both gold. :-(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]