Operation: REVIVE SKULLCRUSHER

23 Undead Warrior
The Tabards were 2350 and Wrathful Gladiator's Tabard was still available in season 9 I believe, but I agree with your point.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Yeah 2350 sounds right i have it on my pally and it was cool to use but for some reason was discontinued.
Reply Quote
58 Tauren Shaman
wts old skullcrusher pst
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
This server is done it is only a matter of time.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
Bull!
Reply Quote
Okay actually first off this is a great post. Thank you Sannas. Now if I can throw my two cents in, first off you all make a lot of good points and I don't think it's any one thing in particular that is killing our server so much as it is a multitude of things. You guys all mentioned a lot of contributing factors and I think really they all play a part. Some of them are things we can fix. One thing that was mentioned was needing leaders. That's true. This server needs good and strong leaders to breathe life back into this server. Now i see someone said that rbgs and arenas are greater than world pvp. Honestly i disagree for the most part and here is why. While yes there are achieves for arenas and rbg's and they are a more accurate meter from which to judge skill i suppose (Though they aren't quite accurate either) what has ALWAYS made wow the great game that it is, is the community. World pvp is all about the community. If it were not for world pvp I wouldn't know who most of you were. Sure we trash talk and bicker but the rivalries with some of you Alliance guys, and the resulting alliances among us Hordies is awesome. We NEED world pvp. It has its place just like arenas, rbg's, and raiding. Zach is right about the raiding. Ive noticed a lot of the really good guilds that stick around do both pve and pvp. All the strictly pvp and pve guilds seem to burn out. I know a lot of the guys on my rbg team are also on my raid team and sure by undertaking both they may learn slower but they still get better at a steady pace and they dont seem to get bored and burn out. I believe both are important for keeping people around.

Going back to the leaders thing, we def need more of those. We need good dependable MATURE players to build strong and stable guilds with active schedules. Make sure your guildies are entertained and doing a bit of everything. Make your guild a fun place to be and instill a sense of comradery. Guild pride goes a long way. My guild for instance was strictly pve until you jerks on the alliance beat the snot out of us and mobbed us lol. Guild pride and our comradery got us into the pvp scene and now we have a very active guild that has a lot of fun. The Horde seems to be doing fine for the most part at the moment. Yes we need more players in both factions but the Alliance def needs our attention first. Honestly it is not in a good place at the moment and we should start there in regards to fixing our server. Restoring a bit of balance will help in getting more people here. As much as I hate to admit this, Dethrone leaving couldn't have happened at a worse time. They were one of the few remaining active Alliance guilds and however annoying their constant yammering and chest thumping was, it still served the purpose of letting the server know the Alliance was still alive and kicking. It gave the alliance something to rally around and they got people involved in world pvp and as a result immersed in our community.

I believe it was Phobia who said that some Hordies need to go Alliance and he is right. Some of you guys that transferred really should go back, make a guild and get organized. Some strong canidates for that off the top of my head would be Sannas, and Ohana. Also Wyndoors return couldn't happen at a better time. I figure his rebuilding Retro coupled with Sannas and Ohana starting some strong guilds of their own will put the Alliance in a much better place. It won't fix everything but it will be a good start. Also i would suggest burying the hatchet between some of you Alliance guys. If you really want to save the server and your faction you'll need at least limited cooperation.
Reply Quote
Sadly we can't do anything about the flying mounts. They suck. However we can ambush or even better schedule world pvp events. As far as people crying about mobbing.....I don't get it. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love mobbing...both mobbing and being mobbed....it too has its place. I can say it was getting mobbed that got me into pvp in the first place. It also got me recruiting and expanding my guild. I was then able to mob in return and that made my guys happy because they got payback. It also made the guys we got payback on to in return get stronger and bigger and it escalated into a very fun all our war. One team would mob the other, reenforcements would get called in and all out battles were had an enjoyed. I feel like it's lazy to cry about being mobbed. Good guild leaders build and make their guilds stronger. To be fair to you Allaince leaders though it may be different to you as you don't have as many people to work with, BUT you can and should work together to fix it.

In conclusion we have a lot of things to discuss to fix the server but i think we have a good starting point. Once we fix that we should continue this conversation and keep the dialogue going. Waiting around for Blizzard to fix it is a bad idea but together we can fix a lot of the problems. Excellent thread guys. Glad to see it.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
When i was active alot of horde came over to join my guild for pvp fun. I see this happening again very easily because quite frankly im sure its boring to be horde. Example of this is me and 4 other people were smashing over 10 horde the other night. We were fine with these numbers and it was fun. We still won even with these odds and what did the horde do? They cried for even more help and had over 20. We even had cross realm people joining them to mob us. We brought more in and had 9 or 10 people. We then smashed them again just to find 2 more guilds showing up to mob. Now i know everyone just wants a piece of the fun but do you guys honestly expect the majority of the players to want to be involved in this sort of thing. 99% of them aren't skilled enough to handle being out numbered at at all let alone 2 to 3 times the amount of people.

You guys are what's ruining the wpvp and the server. So many of you jump ship to go horde its pathetic. Then we see threads like this showing up with people whining about no one on ally pvps while the person making the thread is someone who xfered to horde himself.

So in closing if some of you actually want some pvp then xfer back where you started or hell just xfer ally or you can take the pathetic route and move your garbage guild away days after the God Mage returned like some unnamed scrub has done.
Edited by Wyndoor on 4/6/2013 5:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
The crap that the alliance people are doing doesn't exactly help either. I came back to find like 4 garbage pvp guilds that i have never even heard of. Instead of teaming up you have these couple of idiots who insist on being GM of trash guilds even if the guild does nothing. I have tried to work with these people in the past but its pointless. Already talked about merging with a guild and you know what the guild leader thinks? He would rather quit and kill the guild and let the people go then be part of a merger and apparently hates me and my guild. I have no clue who this kid is but he hates me lol.

It is attitudes like this that are screwing alliance over even further. These people need to accept the facts. Retro is the only pvp guild that has mattered since i made it in wotlk. These other ones have had nothing but arena heroes that xfer around season after season and do nothing to help the server. My guild actually got horde to xfer over and promoted basically all the action on this server. Get on board with it and quit wasting everyone's time and holding people back from getting stuff done.

This of course wont happen because there's too many kids out there thinking having the guild master rank means anything when your guild is utter crap and does nothing.
Reply Quote
Lol well Wyndoor I see you don't believe in sugar coating anything. Honestly I find it odd that I'm making a suggestion to help the Alliance but obviously if the Alliance dies then the Horde will have nobody to fight and so the server will die. What if you guys had a "sitdown"? Group up the important Alliance guild leaders....hell the leaders of the smaller ones as well. Have a meeting. POLITELY explain the reality of the situation and that in order to save the SC Allies some moves need to be made. Let them know some mergers are necessary. I also think some 1 or 2 new guilds run by some STRONG, EXPERIENCED, leaders capable of getting stuff done would be healthy. That would give you guys 3 solid large guilds capable of generating some fun and maybe you guys could bring some attention back to this server. I know a few Horde guilds that would be fighting you guys, myself included. We could set up some events and attempt to get people involved. Count the Sons in, in regards to doing whatever is necessary to help this server.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
04/06/2013 10:15 PMPosted by Vormag
Lol well Wyndoor I see you don't believe in sugar coating anything.

No point in doing that when your dealing with total idiots.

What if you guys had a "sitdown"? Group up the important Alliance guild leaders....hell the leaders of the smaller ones as well. Have a meeting. POLITELY explain the reality of the situation and that in order to save the SC Allies some moves need to be made. Let them know some mergers are necessary.

I have been on vent and talked about merging quite a few times and i was actually nice about it. All of them are too caught up in having power over their 10 members to merge and make stuff happen.

I also think some 1 or 2 new guilds run by some STRONG, EXPERIENCED, leaders capable of getting stuff done would be healthy. That would give you guys 3 solid large guilds capable of generating some fun and maybe you guys could bring some attention back to this server.

This server is probably a 7:1 ratio now so having multiple guilds isn't an option atm.

I know a few Horde guilds that would be fighting you guys, myself included. We could set up some events and attempt to get people involved. Count the Sons in, in regards to doing whatever is necessary to help this server.

I have tried to schedule events as well and the horde disregard the fact that they out number 7:1 they mob and half the allies are like screw this. If you guys want to help this along use some discretion. I even tell my members not to mob like idiots. If i heard theres 10 horde mobbing 4 of my members yes i could of had 30+ people in a raid within minutes just like @ DMF but i didn't. There is nothing skillful in mobbing and horde needs to realize that.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
/popcorn. A thread I actually enjoyed reading. I too miss world pvp where we had epic battles but the ratio is to out of balance atm. We need free faction transfers.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]