[H]<Rise>Weekend morning raids! Also cookies!

90 Orc Death Knight
<Rise>
Argent Dawn, RP-PvE Horde
http://rerollproject2k13.shivtr.com/

Recruiting
Currently recruiting all players interested in a fresh start with our friendly, fun atmosphere and helpful folks! We also find ourselves in need of a few folks to round out our core raid team! Our current needs are...

1 MELEE DPS Plate preferred, but an enhancement shaman with a working resto offspecc would also be lovely! Monk and Rogue are closed.

We will always accept the applications of any exceptional folks, regardless of class and role, but we can't always promise an immediate core spot! If you like the cut of our jib and are willing to be patient, we'll do our best to help to you kill internet dragons!
Raider Expectations
While we try to be a fairly laid back group, there are some general standards that we expect our folks to adhere to! If these are qualities that you possess, we're looking for you!

Activity We are first and foremost a social guild, and as such we're not looking for your third alt to round out your raiding schedule! We're looking for active folks who are going to be online and playing through the week, whether it's taking part in events, organizing groups, or simply doing dailies and farming while chattering in vent! We want you online and social!

Preperation While we are very much a casual guild, we still expect our folks to prepare for the raid and come ready to rock! This includes having consumables, having your gear gemmed, enchanted, and reforged! This also includes watching strategy videos for fights we're likely to attempt, and theorycrafting your specc and knowing your rotation! If these aren't skills you already have we can help you learn how to do them, but you *will* be expected to put in the legwork yourself!

Attitude Rise raiders are expected to maintain a positive outlook in the face of wipes and adversity! Wipes happen, and as long as we're learining from them and improving with every pull, we're winning, not losing! Bringing venom into chat will not be tolerated! We're going in with friends, and that should be foremost in everyone's mind! Don't drag your friends down!

Remember that we're not asking anything of you that we're not asking of every other member, and your Positivity, Preperation and guild Activity leads to an environment where you're rarely just plugging away at content online alone, where you can expect our raid team to meet with regular success, and where even when things get hairy you can count on folks being positive and eager for the next pull!

Who We Are
Rise began it's life as a reroll guild on 12/29/12, and while we still have a few folks leveling it's probably not fair to continue to describe ourselves that way, as most of our core membership have been 90 for weeks on their new mains and fully raid ready! We led a successful PUG raid into MSV last week and went 3/6, and we intend to head in with our first full guild raid this week!. Our focus as a guild is on each other. While we raid on a casual schedule, our ultimate focus is the friendships, camaraderie and laughs that we get simply from enjoying being together. If you wish to pursue server first hard modes,we may not be the home you're looking for. However, if you'd like to dabble in the end game with a group who aren't above giggling at toilet humor, who understand when real life trumps WoW, and who shrug off wipes with friendly optimism instead of negativity and hate, we might be the home you're looking for!

Events
We are of course a casual raiding guild, and we raid every weekend, saturday and sunday morning from 9 AM - 12 PM EST. That barely touches, however, the depth of content that we'd like to explore as a group! During the reroll several of our members became bitten by the bug of retro raiding for achievements and transmog, and we fully intend to run at least 1 old content raid a week for achievements and hard modes for titles and mounts. We've also got several folks interested in starting challenge mode dungeon teams, as well as arena and RBGs. Chances are, whatever you're into, we have someone else who enjoys it and will want to group!

Apply Today!
If this sounds like something up your alley, by all means visit our website and fill out a short application today! Please excuse the fresh paint, the site as a whole and the documents contained therein are all works in progress! For quick reference, you can find these handy documents here:

Guild Charter: http://rerollproject2k13.shivtr.com/forum_threads/1316613
Raid Charter: http://rerollproject2k13.shivtr.com/forum_threads/1316936

Also, if you need more information please don't hesitate to contact me in game! My battletag is Normak#1462 Hope to hear from you shortly, and create a new beginning for all of us together!
Edited by Voxxar on 3/18/2013 6:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
While this post mostly focuses on our raid needs, we are first and foremost a social guild and we'd love to bring in more of the wonderful folks on Argent Dawn who just wanna run some dungeons or battlegrounds, do their dailies, and be chatty with us! Ultimately that's what it's all about!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
It would be nice if you had the decency to respond to applicants in a timely manner.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I'm unaware of any applicant that I've ever failed to respond to in a timely manner. Perhaps if you'd care to actually talk to me about your issue, instead of simply posting cutting comments on forums?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Greetings!

To preface I've been surfing the forums for a few hours and I was happy to find your post.

I've been to your website and done some reading and for the most part I like what I see.

I had some questions and/or discussion points I'd like to pose prior to filling out an application. Some of this may be well covered in an application as well so I apologize in advance if that makes me a bit of a broken record lol.

(Yes I said record... yes I know I am dating myself :) )

-----

First off. I'm Jijari. It's nice to meet you... well at least in as much as the confines of the internet will allow. Sadly I am currently a homeless blood elf mage player from Emerald Dream.

Thankfully there was no drama associated with my being homeless. Just a faction change.

Associated Disclaimer: Yes I also play alliance. I pay for both sides of the story and by damn I'm going to collect!

I am hoping by admitting that I didn't just stamp a DECLINED on my own application discussion but I find its always good to be up front and honest especially during first impressions.

Long story short I am searching for a good server and guild to play horde. So here are a couple of questions for you.

1.) Re-roll 2k13!

Do I have to re-roll? Based off the name would I still have to re-roll if it was now 2k14?

-----

2.) Re-roll implies you are coming from somewhere.

What lead to the re-roll revolution? (Sorry its my nagging curiosity... I can't help it)

-----

3.) I see that statement on your site that you are not an alt guild. This could be interpreted a variety of ways.

a.) Do you not allow any alts?
b.) Are you not a guild made of alts?
c.) Are you trying to imply you don't consider the guilds core characteristics to be those of an alternative style of guild existence?
d.) All of the above (please tell me its d. A guild of alts that does not allow alts!)
e.) None of the above
f.) (Your custom answer here)

-----

4.) I'm not going to lie. Right now I really am a casual player. (For the time being).

Is that OK? (Some people say it is but they don't really mean it)

Note: I consider casual to mean I log on to my toon every day and do some stuff. Maybe an hour +, socialize and make a few events a month.

Secret Confession: I've been know to raid when I have the time. I've even been a successful raid leader... several times. *Facepalm*

-----

5.) I like your name.

It's not just flattery... (Don't look at me like that! I swear its true!)

-----

6.) As a early vanilla adopter of the wow platform of gaming I love old raids.

Seriously I am an old raid transmog fiend. I need people who share this passion.

Presumptuous Suspicion: By your stylish pink monocle I am assuming you too are a discerning surveyor of similarly stylish equipment.

-----

7.) How's the community?

I won't ask if you have good schools or if you regularly plant trees together. ( I mean you ARE an orc after all. I assume group activities may include but not be limited to cutting DOWN trees)

Seriously though how is the community? Are you talkative? Active? If so when? (Yes on both questions. I mean if your only talkative at 3 AM eastern time that could be a deal breaker. Just Saying)

----

8.) Argent Dawn huh.

Is your server full of paladins? (Yes this is a real question)

-----

9.) Last Question. I promise. I like Starcarft 2. Does that make me a bad person?

OK so that might not seem important but heart of the swarm comes out tomorrow and I am going to be playing a lot for a bit. Wow time will consequently go down a (slightly) for a few weeks.

That being said I didn't want to pass up the opportunity to talk to you.

-----

Ok so I think that about sums up my questions/concerns. At least it will allow me to put off my nagging paranoia regarding paladins until you reply.

PS: Sorry for the wall of text
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Greetings Jijari! I will absolutely do my best to answer your questions succinctly to the best of my ability! :)

03/11/2013 02:38 PMPosted by Jijari
I am hoping by admitting that I didn't just stamp a DECLINED on my own application discussion

Not at all! Actually at least a good half of our guild are former Alliance players who decided to see how they live on the other side of the pond when we decided to reroll! But more on that later!

1.) Re-roll 2k13!

Do I have to re-roll? Based off the name would I still have to re-roll if it was now 2k14?

I should probably address this one directly in our recruitment post. No, you do not have to reroll! We began our life as a reroll guild, but virtually all of our active members have reached level 90 and are happily chugging away at raids and dailies and all the other tedium that comes of being max level lol. I actually considered changing the weburl once the reroll was complete, however I feared folks losing our website if their bookmark suddenly stopped working!

2.) Re-roll implies you are coming from somewhere.

What lead to the re-roll revolution? (Sorry its my nagging curiosity... I can't help it)

Quite simply, the core that became Rise are all former members of a tiny casual raiding guild on Steamwheedle Cartel called Dogma that broke about 6 months before the release of Cataclysm. We went our seperate ways, some leaving the game entirely, some switching servers, factions, etc. Ultimately, however, we all just really missed the atmosphere and camaraderie that we had as members of Dogma! So we decided to try and reproduce that, with of course some alterations to the seasoning to taste, if you will, and we figured that rerolling as a group would both be a great way to build a sense of community, and would save us all the hefty cost of moving our considerable stables of characters across servers! Wonderfully, it was a wild success on both counts :)

3.) I see that statement on your site that you are not an alt guild. This could be interpreted a variety of ways.

F! The primary meaning of this is that, basically, we don't want to become a dumping ground where people put their second or third level 90 to round out their raiding week. We're a social guild based around building friendships. It's hard to build a friendship with someone who only wants to hang out with you while you're helping get them loot, then they're off to their real friends! We have very lax play time requirements, but we want our folks to want to spend most if not all of their play time with us! Nothing wrong with you or your play style if you don't, it simply doesn't mesh well with our outlook!

4.) I'm not going to lie. Right now I really am a casual player. (For the time being).

Totally fine. As long as you're active within your means, there are no issues with all levels of time commitment. If our core raid schedule meshes well with yours, we expect 2/3 attendance. If you're not interested in the raid team, other than on an "as I can make it and you need me" basis, you're welcome to play as much or as little as you're able! Just let us know if real life is going to keep you away for an extended period of time or we'll assume you don't love us!

5.) I like your name.

Thank you! We do too! lol It has multiple layers of symbolism, from the fact that we raid at the Rise of day, to the fact that we were able to Rise from the ashes of a fallen guild! Also, when we first chose it, our tabard was Batman, so there's that :)

6.) As a early vanilla adopter of the wow platform of gaming I love old raids.

Personally I adore running old content for achievements and transmog, and I'm not the only one! We've slowed down a little as everyone has been focused on getting geared and getting there plethora of dailies done, but we've got a lot of folks who are always down to slay internet dragons, regardless of level!

7.) How's the community?

I think the community is awesome, but of coarse I'm a little biased :) Seriously though, we're a small group, but we're active! Generally 3-10 people online at peak hours (6-12PM server) with more if there's something special going on. We have plans for several new guild events that we're going to try rolling out in the month of April. We have chatty folks, but ventrilo seems to be utilized more often than green chat, so if you prefer to avoid voice you may have to draw some folks into text chat! That being said, it's not a hard thing to do!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
8.) Argent Dawn huh.

lol! No more so than any other server, that I've noticed at least :) When we left steamwheedle, we wanted to stick with RP-PvE, and since we're raiding mornings it seemed imperative to stick with EST, but we wanted a more active realm! Argent Dawn seemed liked the fit, although I do miss some of the atmosphere on SWC from time to time!

9.) Last Question. I promise. I like Starcarft 2. Does that make me a bad person?

Not at all :) Again, we will never lay a claim on your time unless you make a commitment to us for that time. As long as we're communicating and understand each other, everything is gravy!

If you have any more questions, please feel free to contact me via battletag above! Thank you so much for your interest in <Rise>!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Thanks a lot for the response Jijari! I'm an officer of Rise. I'd like to respond to all of your questions but for the sake of thread space I'll hit some of the more important notes.

1.(Most important) Thanks, we love the name Rise too! :)

2. Yes we are all, to some degree, casual players. We don't expect you to be logged in just to be logged in. Our foremost concern with our guildies is that they are doing the things that they enjoy doing. You pay for the game, you should do what you find entertaining while you play. Having said that. we do expect our "core" raiding team to make our weekly raid with some consistency.

3. As for your concerns about our not being an "alt" guild- we have had numerous apps that approached joining our guild as an opportunity to have one of their alts in a raiding guild for the sole purpose of rounding out their weekly raid schedule. We invest in our guild members and we expect the same sort of investment from them. While we are casual, we try to stray away from the "stranger on the bus" guild activity you sometimes see in raiding guilds. You may see a familiar stranger on the bus every morning during your commute and, though you may share a bus ride every day, never get to know them. In this sense, we do not want our guild to be a commuter bus. As far as alts in guild are concerned...... we all have so many alts that we usually just call each other by nicknames/first names. Some of us have been playing together since vanilla and it is just easier to go by our IRL names.

4. Not a lot of pallys.

5. Our guild chat greatly exists in ventrillo. Most of our guildies prefer to do their dailies/dungeons/LFRs together. Our conversation can occasionally sink into the gutter but its never there for long. We have a decent mix of people from all walks of life in our guild. In fact, the only real rules we have in our guild were made to protect the individuality of our guild members. The only topics that are not allowed in guild chat are topics that would alienate or ostracize another guild member. Sorry, it seems that I have turned your community question into something else! The truth is that we have people of all ages (21-40), of all religious (or non-religious) backgrounds; of various ethnicity and sexual preference, and of the hardcore and casual nature alike. Conversation is likely to go any direction at the drop of a dime and that is something that we like to foster.

6. You will most likely see myself and a couple others doing older content on a daily basis! I just got my Ashes of Al'ar a couple of weeks ago!

I hope I was able to answer some of your questions. If you'd like to know more, please seek me out in game and I'll pull you into vent for a Q&A!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Also, me and Voxx didn't plan that! haha
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
http://i.imgur.com/QI9mQnU.jpg

Not sure if you asked about this, but here's the answer if you were curious.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Thank you both for the taking the time to answer my questions. I will be dropping an application on your site later this evening.

Since there is a cost in transferring my mage I think I will wait until the trial period is over to do so should my application be accepted.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Absolutely! We wouldn't ask you to spend money on dinner before smelling the food! We'll be looking for your app!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Edited for current raid needs! Looking for one exceptional plate melee dps, and as always, we're happy to bring on anyone who is just down to hang out with us!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]