Oondasta and Nalak Hotfixes

(Locked)

90 Gnome Monk
This will make Oondasta impossible for alliance on my server, wouldn't it be a better hotfix to limit the number of people able to "Tap to Faction" to 80 max or something?
90 Blood Elf Mage
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA........ Taking off a part or CRZ because of the number of people taking the bosses down on some servers.

This is one of the BIG issues people have been complaining about.

Maybee this can be the first chip in the wall of CRZ. Chip by chip we can get rid of it.

One can hope.
Can this be done for "Zandalari Warbringers" too? Tired of seeing people from other realms killing these in demand rares on my realm=/.
90 Draenei Hunter
It took us 3 full raid groups last night to get him down.
There's no way possible that would have happened on our server if we hadn't all had a bunch of CRZ friends to call in.

So this mades me sad.

On the other hand... getting 3 full raid groups together and still having more corpses around than a post-apocolypse new york city... was the kind of epic fighting that keeps me playing. So I hope something besides just "nerf him down so the low pop servers can handle it" or "welp, just don't kill him anymore" is found. (Which is kind of what I thought CRZ was meant for... )
90 Pandaren Monk
Well, looks like I'm never killing any 5.2 World Boss on this toon ever again. Alliance:Horde on my server is at least 10:1.
90 Gnome Mage
Or Blizzard can improve their servers so they're not always crashing due to server overload.

I know they won't release the numbers (i.e. how many people does it actually take to "overload" the servers). I come from a high pop PvP realm and we have to hold off Horde WHILE killing the boss. I'm sure Blizzard has accounted for this, right?
90 Tauren Warrior
rest in rip low pop servers ever downing oondasta before the boss's drops are made obsolete :c
90 Worgen Druid
I love how the tool that supposedly was to save dead servers has a million and one caveats to it. I mean I personally couldn't care less as we can field plenty of people for them but it's downright comedic how absolutely terrible CRZ is and how absurd Blizzard tries to go out of their way to claim it's not.
90 Human Warlock
On my realm there are 2 alliance 10 man raid groups.

Due to this change I will never be able to get loot from Nalak while it is relevent. I could see not being able to kill Oodanasta, but Nalak? The world boss that is supposed to be assessible?

I can't ever do it even when the tech exists and has even been implemented.

If you don't want multiple raid groups killing a boss, maybe get rid of the tap on faction system as opposed to not letting me and others from the low pop servers ever get to loot it while it is current
90 Draenei Priest
god forbid you people actually getting good enough to kill a boss with one raid group...That'd be crazy
90 Human Warrior
CRZ was the only hope for alliance on Barthilas to acquire a kill. The incredible server imbalance created through faction transfers makes it literally impossible to kill any world bosses. Until 5.2 Alliance had one kill of Galleon and that 2 days into the expansion.
90 Undead Mage
Hey, its perfectly ok for toons from a different server to pillage your resources and kill quest npc's, but god forbid they show up with the intention of helping down a world boss??

Am I the only one doing a huge /facedesk here?
100 Worgen Mage
The real winners in this change will be medium pops because the boss will be up for reasonable amounts of time, but still killable hopefully. High pops will kill it of course, but it won't last for more than a couple of minutes like Galleon. The Sargeras one spawned at around 630am.
Edited by Digerati on 3/11/2013 6:38 PM PDT
60 Blood Elf Warlock
This is a huge nerf for people on low pop servers than high pop.

High pop servers will just take a bit longer to fill up the raid.

The logic behind stability is really weak. It still requires majority of players from the high pop server to keep the cross-realm raid on that server, so you're only adding a few people from other realms.

However, players on low pop servers will have almost no chance to kill Oondasta since they can't jump to another realm and other realm players are unlikely to help.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I love how the tool that supposedly was to save dead servers has a million and one caveats to it. I mean I personally couldn't care less as we can field plenty of people for them but it's downright comedic how absolutely terrible CRZ is and how absurd Blizzard tries to go out of their way to claim it's not.

I really really dislike CRZ naysayers that don't even reilze what CRZ was meant for and what it wasn't meant for.

If your gonna hate something at least know about the thing you dislike instead of being illogical.
90 Orc Warlock
This boss is most likely intended to killed by 5.2 heroically geared players in which no one in wow is. With that being said, great hot fix. Bosses should never be zerged in the first place.
90 Pandaren Shaman
Well, I for one was personally hoping to see more ability to cross-realm raid current tier content. My server has been pretty atrocious the past few years and continues to decline. I would love the opportunity to get some of the benefits of a larger realm without having to leave my friends or guild, or bifurcate my alts from my main.

But alas, no love here in this thread for lower pop servers. Just more oppressive game design.
90 Gnome Mage
This will make Oondasta impossible for alliance on my server, wouldn't it be a better hotfix to limit the number of people able to "Tap to Faction" to 80 max or something?

This would cause problems.

Unless Blizz can implement a very, very noticeable way for a player to tell that they have not been one of the lucky 80 (or whatever number), there will just be a surge in tickets from those who didn't get loot and didn't realise they didn't get the tap, and then once they're told, they'll dispute it.

I think scaling to the group is a far better idea, but I'd still want the boss to be difficult. Easily facerolling bosses to get purple pixels to easily faceroll more bosses doesn't sound like fun. I enjoy the challenge, working together to figure out how best to overcome the mechanics with the group/composition that we have.
90 Night Elf Warrior
Terrible change.. When you can make it so Bleeding Hollow doesnt crash everytime we try and kill oondasta maybe this change wont suck. but for the time being. this is pretty dumb
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]