Oondasta and Nalak Hotfixes

(Locked)

100 Night Elf Hunter
RIP low pop servers.
90 Blood Elf Priest
SSC
Let's be fair, since your really just screwing the low population realms on this move. How about you remove the faction tag off of it and only allow for one raid group to get the tag?

This is only going to hurt low population realms and the high population ones will still zerg it down.
80 Draenei Paladin
Why do people stay on dead servers and complain? I used to be on one too, but not being one to sit around unhappy, I transferred 17 toons to another realm, then my husband transferred 12, my kid 10, and eventually all my good friends came too.

If you live in a small town and love it, don't sit around complaining that you don't have all the things the big cities do, just move. I used to lived in Egg Harbor, Wi., population 250 people. If I spent my whole life complaining I had to drive 45 min to get to a Starbucks I never would have been happy.

How did you post this with a straight face? You paid $975 in transfer fees on top of the at least 5 accounts your family has(only way you and husband could move more than 11 toons to a server is to have more than 1 account). You really think everyone has that type of money? Get a clue. And that is coming from someone who has probably done as many if not more transfers.
90 Worgen Death Knight
The easier solution here would be to make the world bosses NOT tap to faction...I'm not saying remove tap to faction completely, just only make it apply to the new thunder isle rares. Those fights are more spontaneous (kinda) and don't have as many people fighting (and don't need as many people fighting). There was no problem getting to do world boss fights in 5.1 (except for Galleon, but this was only an issue of a very long spawn time). The rares are a different story.
Edited by Lashrin on 3/13/2013 6:00 AM PDT
100 Blood Elf Warlock

You weren't challenged because it was a zerg. I don't really understand your comment because you sound sad that people will lament the loss of an "epic" fight because it can't be CRZed? The fight is meant to be epic because it is difficult for forty people, not because of a huge pile of bones from different servers or a long corpse run.

It's not difficult for 40 people, it's IMPOSSIBLE.

If you don't have 2-3 groups at the very least he WILL gain too many stacks and WILL one shot every single person in a 30-40 yard radius.

Without cross realm, NO ONE will be able to kill him unless you're on a high pop server.

Please think before you open your flaps to troll, thank you.

The amount of geared, organised people required is part of the challenge - my apologies if forty was an incorrect estimate! There is no shame in not being one of those people - I'm not one of them, either. I don't have the gear/willingness to expend time conquering this boss, consequently I don't deserve the rewards and I won't get them until I do.

You should, however, feel some shame if you feel entitled to killing this without putting in the effort to do so, and no, spending hours balancing raid groups to keep everyone on a low pop. server is not effort.

Lastly, having an opinion contrary to you is not strictly trolling. If you don't know the difference, please don't throw that word around until you do.
90 Pandaren Shaman
It's really just sad that this boss is just basically content for high pop servers. Because, in reality - we're not going to see organized raid groups taking him down, surely we're going to see some greater organization than 200 person zergs, but honestly - this boss IS going to be PUG'd on these realms.

The rest of us, simply won't be doing it. This seems the result I would expect from a raid boss designed this way.
90 Human Warlock
So let's give people the ability to play with friends across realms, but let's also punish them for doing so.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Oz
I think the CRZ is just fine and honestly make the boss harder please, i was thinking that maybe this boss would be more like the world bosses i used to fight in Final Fantasy 11 Online that took over an hour and 60+ people. But WoW players are lazy and dont want to have to work that hard in a game even though its fun as hell.
90 Orc Warrior
I'll just go ahead and add this to the list of world bosses I'll never kill because they're perma-camped by alliance on Korgath. Not sure if this is the intention, but it's most definitely the result. Get better hardware to support your software changes.
90 Night Elf Warrior
I love how people think it's fair from THEIR viewpoint.... Lets look at the breakdown here from everyone that's at least responded on the forums....
We've got..
1. Blizzard wants a difficult fight that when you actually have a need to do this fight, the groups won't be over geared or well geared, and that means it will require more than 1-40 man raid to down this content(keep in mind I said not overlygeared, if you have equivelant or better gear, the majority of players won't need or want to do him, thus you hardcore or geared players can be quiet about being able to 40 man him, you can only do so through gear mainly[and yes I know a very small percentage can 40 man him probably without being overgeared and getting upgrades from him still, but it's a small percentage, and basing the preference of few over many is obviously not a fair way of going about it]).
2. His spawn rate is low so that getting the chance to fight him, and actually getting loot, feels like an accomplishment. The unfortunate part about this is that on higher pop servers, a lot of us won't even see him, and on low pop servers, sometimes the server won't even down him, or only one group will, negating the benefit of having the boss there in the first place. Now you could say there's a good reason for having a boss where only 1% of the population will ever come into contact and beat, and to an extent that's a good idea for the top players...but this is a world boss that is supposed to available for anyone with decent gear to come and do, and be hard to down. They should really fall back on the spawn rate at the least, as they probably won't find a median point to hit via changing the difficulty.

I keep running out of time with my post, so forgive me cutting this short. I'll just add my comments to this thread later.
100 Troll Shaman
If you don't want the boss to be zerged, why don't you give him some anti-zerg mechanics instead of placing obstacles in the way of folks who are simply trying to find a large enough group to kill him? The difficulty should be in the boss itself, not in the population of your server.
100 Night Elf Hunter
It's funny how few people understand anything about Oondasta.

He's supposed to be hard...hard for a group of 40 fully HEROIC RAID geared players. Of course he's going to be impossible for damn near everyone else.

Blizzard fully expected and anticipated tears with this boss. They don't care. It's not that they want you to cry, it's that they gave you fair warning that you would cry over this boss....and they would not listen.

I, too, hope that this is the beginning of the removal of the atrocity that is CRZ. It hasn't provided enough good for the game to merit leaving it in...and here is just another piece of evidence that it causes more problems than solutions.
90 Draenei Mage
horrible idea.
90 Blood Elf Mage
So what Blizzard is saying is that it does matter what server you play on. A big middle finger high up in the air to low pop servers ouch!
90 Pandaren Shaman
It's funny how few people understand anything about Oondasta.

He's supposed to be hard...hard for a group of 40 fully HEROIC RAID geared players. Of course he's going to be impossible for damn near everyone else.

Blizzard fully expected and anticipated tears with this boss. They don't care. It's not that they want you to cry, it's that they gave you fair warning that you would cry over this boss....and they would not listen.

I, too, hope that this is the beginning of the removal of the atrocity that is CRZ. It hasn't provided enough good for the game to merit leaving it in...and here is just another piece of evidence that it causes more problems than solutions.

If he's made for a group of 40 raiders, why then - does he tag share with a faction? Seems to me, whoever tags it should get the loot. And, that loot should be distributed like a normal raid boss, not like a LFR boss. Since an organized group of people will be distributing that loot.
Why does it seem like blizzard always wants to give us stuff and then take away any reason to bother with it? Legendary quest chain for "the ultimate weapon of the expansion" which is completely irrelevant halfway through. Raid bosses nobody can fight. Battle pets that drop from a boss they remove a loot table from. Dungeons that give you better loot than 90 percent of the raids from the expansion. Ok that was the last expansion, but still. Why can't we just have some content and enjoy it for a while?
90 Pandaren Shaman
I got to kill him this week but i never got any achievement or loot. Looks like i will not get the opportunity to do this again because its hard to get big groups together on my server.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]