Oondasta and Nalak Hotfixes

(Locked)

90 Tauren Paladin
I'm so glad I was awake when Oondasta spawned on my server to get the achievement. It took us around 5 hours to get enough people to take him down. Now, he's going to be impossible to take down now due to the fact that we had to get others from different servers to help us when we did take him down. Now with this change, I doubt people will cross-realm to help us out because they'll get no loot from taking him down now.

Anyways, If you want to stop people from zerging him this is definitely not the way to do it. I would suggest making him despawn if people kite him towards the graveyard because if multiple raid groups are going to wipe you might aswell make it so he despawns if he's moved too far from his spawn point.

Anyways, it was fun while it lasted. RIP Uldum Horde. =(
Edited by Zergimba on 3/13/2013 6:55 PM PDT
90 Draenei Paladin
How about making it so the boss scales to the amount of players who are fighting (to a certain point of course)?
90 Orc Warlock
Lol, the best part about this is that Blizzard doesn't care one bit about all of the complaints here. The only people that are actually happy about this are ignorant players that think this will somehow be a good idea. They'll change their minds when they start getting CRZ ganked while trying to down the boss.

And Blizzard will just keep on not caring. :)
90 Tauren Death Knight
GG all the low pop servers
90 Tauren Druid
This is a very good change... but I think a bunch of people will greatly hate this.

So what do low pop servers do when it comes to the bosses? Blizzard seriously needs to merge low pop servers and fix this issue or make cross realm raiding a reality.
90 Worgen Druid
How do you expect a low pop server for alliance to do this?
90 Tauren Druid
"You should, however, feel some shame if you feel entitled to killing this without putting in the effort to do so, and no, spending hours balancing raid groups to keep everyone on a low pop. server is not effort."

This idiotic statement right here is typical of people who play on higher pop servers. People dont mind doing the work that it takes to get gear, they however cant go after the gear if they dont have the populous in order to form a raid. This is a problem in wow and has been for some time since the player base has significantly decreased because of the direction the game has taken. Blizzard needs to set up cross realm raiding with all the perks of that raid. People who do just as much as the people on the realm where the boss is deserve a shot at the loot. It is not the player bases fault that their server player base is low and need to branch out for help in order to form raids.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
"You should, however, feel some shame if you feel entitled to killing this without putting in the effort to do so, and no, spending hours balancing raid groups to keep everyone on a low pop. server is not effort."

This idiotic statement right here is typical of people who play on higher pop servers. People dont mind doing the work that it takes to get gear, they however cant go after the gear if they dont have the populous in order to form a raid. This is a problem in wow and has been for some time since the player base has significantly decreased because of the direction the game has taken. Blizzard needs to set up cross realm raiding with all the perks of that raid. People who do just as much as the people on the realm where the boss is deserve a shot at the loot. It is not the player bases fault that their server player base is low and need to branch out for help in order to form raids.

The servers I play on are all low/medium-pop. I will likely never get to kill Oondasta while he is "relevant" because I don't have the gear/time/interest to put forward into doing so - one of my servers is also pvp so even if we do get the group together it's likely the other side will gank us for laughs (no bitterness on that - it's their right). Is it really that hard for you to post on your realm forum to even try and *start* to get an organised group going? You don't have to kill the guy the moment he spawns - if it's too hard to do within the first five minutes of spawn, maybe you need to get organised to try and carry it out.

Now, I looked at your realm progress - you have ten Horde guilds who have actually killed something this tier. Crying low pop. realm means nothing when you field that many Horde guilds and the other side has just as many. I realise there are servers out there who are genuinely low pop. with very few guilds who raid with much sucess, period. Yours isn't one of them.
90 Orc Hunter
well there goes 2 bosses off my radar cause my relam can barley get a 40 man raid there we had to pull people from all other realms to get a 2nd raid grp going ti kill so much for that now cause who wants to from another realm when you know your not gonan get loot surely not me iness its on my realm i wont be helping thats fo rsure
90 Tauren Druid

The servers I play on are all low/medium-pop. I will likely never get to kill Oondasta while he is "relevant" because I don't have the gear/time/interest to put forward into doing so - one of my servers is also pvp so even if we do get the group together it's likely the other side will gank us for laughs (no bitterness on that - it's their right). Is it really that hard for you to post on your realm forum to even try and *start* to get an organised group going? You don't have to kill the guy the moment he spawns - if it's too hard to do within the first five minutes of spawn, maybe you need to get organised to try and carry it out.

Now, I looked at your realm progress - you have ten Horde guilds who have actually killed something this tier. Crying low pop. realm means nothing when you field that many Horde guilds and the other side has just as many. I realise there are servers out there who are genuinely low pop. with very few guilds who raid with much sucess, period. Yours isn't one of them.

You look at the 10 horde guilds on uldum and you dont get that most of those guilds are made up of the same people on alts... This is the problem with Uldum...btw horde is outnumber 2 to 1 on uldum.
Edited by Eleshia on 3/13/2013 11:26 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Hunter
Still angry about this. Just putting that out there.
90 Troll Hunter
I don't understand all the CRZ hate honestly people it keeps Realms from getting Login queues, no one seems to understand that fact. Which would you rather have? A little annoyance with 2 person mounts in old content or a 15 minute login queue? Think about it.

On top of that the change makes sense. If people crashed my realm trying to down Oondasta I'd be pissed.
90 Human Death Knight
However, with cross-realm groups giving the ability to play with friends on each other’s realms, the amount of people concentrating on a single realm to try to zerg these bosses down can unfortunately cause a number of stability issues, impacting the availability of the game for everyone.

How about some servers which aren't being hosted on dell inspirion laptops then.
90 Troll Hunter
03/14/2013 01:50 AMPosted by Jahovarasta
However, with cross-realm groups giving the ability to play with friends on each other’s realms, the amount of people concentrating on a single realm to try to zerg these bosses down can unfortunately cause a number of stability issues, impacting the availability of the game for everyone.

How about some servers which aren't being hosted on dell inspirion laptops then.

You probably shouldn't say a damn word unless you know something about servers and hardware. You just make yourself like like a moron when you say stuff like this.
90 Undead Mage
Disappointed to say the least. :( Why, oh why, did I take that free character transfer all those years ago? I can't do anything on this toon now!
90 Worgen Rogue
Ghostcrawler Don't Care... it really doesn't give a SHOOT... nothing can stop the Ghostcrawler when it's hungry..

Is that better Blue? Since even though you sensor language with $@#% you still feel the need to ban?
90 Orc Death Knight
Way to kill off any chance of low pop servers downing the boss.
90 Worgen Druid

Horde outnumber alliance 10:1, so there is no way to get "organized" If he isn't tagged within the first 5 minutes it's theirs.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]