Oondasta and Nalak Hotfixes

(Locked)

90 Night Elf Hunter
So, basically, this is a punishment to people on low population realms. I can tell you right now, NO ONE is going to want to cross-realm for this if they can't get loot.

Also, gg for the servers with severely unbalanced factions, the underdogs will never get these spawns.
90 Tauren Hunter
What if a high population server zergs ANYWAYS? Like some servers can easily produce 2-3 groups of players still. This isn't doing justice for anyone, especially any low-pop server.
100 Draenei Mage
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA........ Taking off a part or CRZ because of the number of people taking the bosses down on some servers.

This is one of the BIG issues people have been complaining about.

Maybee this can be the first chip in the wall of CRZ. Chip by chip we can get rid of it.

This post made me smile :)

Also, the fact I'm on stormrage.

You sure Oondasta is ready for the Stormrage Alliance Onslaught? bwahahahaha
Edited by Rentrenus on 3/11/2013 7:43 PM PDT
90 Worgen Warlock
HiJ
I guess players on KJ alliance and Sargeras horde don't get to kill this boss any more. Sort of like Galleon, except exactly the same.

so high pop servers will continue to zerg/crash the server, while low pop servers wont be killing the boss at all.

brilliant solution!
Low pop servers can kill it by doing the mechanics.
90 Troll Druid
This doesn't seem like it will work.

I'm not switching realms, so I guess I don't get good gear.

Woot.
Edited by Iliirn on 3/11/2013 7:45 PM PDT
100 Gnome Mage
I guess players on Sargeras horde don't get to kill this boss any more.

They don't kill Sha either lol, seeing a Sargeras horde is like a rare spawn (though some of them probably do CRZ to Illidan or elsewhere)
Edited by Digerati on 3/11/2013 8:34 PM PDT
100 Night Elf Hunter
This makes him impossible on my realm. It's too dead to get together enough raiders to fight him.

One less encounter in the game for us. Woo?
90 Troll Druid
This makes him impossible on my realm. It's too dead to get together enough raiders to fight him.

One less encounter in the game for us. Woo?

Make that two.
90 Pandaren Priest
I can clearly see your point BUT................Im sure others have stated what are we going to do about low pop servers? We don't have the same luxery of finding a group other than cross server groups and to me seems unfair. Before you go on about xfering I have givin enough to blizzard for character xfers and yet I see nothing being done about realm populations yet were still seeing new realms pop up. Fix what you have first before condemning us low pop servers to not being able to participate or the chance to go at world content.
90 Blood Elf Monk
Then the encounter needs to be nerfed, and nerfed hard, so a single raid group can accomplish it.

So much for the era of "WOW IS FOR EZ CASUALS LULZ".

Plenty of servers are simply incapable of fielding the kinds of numbers required to fight this - cross-realm is the only way a lot of people can participate.

Your server can't field 40 good players? I mean, that's what the boss was tuned for.

Besides, the fight is going to be obsolete in a few months anyways (just like Sha is now). Why not let people have their fun while they can?

Everything is going to be obsolete in wow eventually, might as well uninstall.

Isn't this why CRZ was put in in the first place? Give a leg-up to those servers suffering from low population?

No, the point was to SEE people in the world in zones where players are hardly in anymore, this has been addressed to death.
100 Night Elf Hunter
Why even have crossrealm support if the things we want to actually do crossrealm aren't supported?
90 Goblin Shaman
Low pop servers can kill it by doing the mechanics.

Nope. As stated by someone else earlier, my realm also suffers from a lower number of Horde players to Alliance players. The amount of time it takes to get enough players to try killing Oondasta, let alone geared players that actually do WELL with their class, the Alliance will already have it down. So please, tell me how low pop servers, and even some medium pop servers, will be able to down it when a lot of these realms don't have enough skilled players to do so?

Edit: And as for the "You just have to find good hearted people from other realms to come help for no loot," argument, Blizz has already stated that there are blocks in place that prevent high population realm people from CRZ'ing into a lower population realm, so no, that would not work.
Edited by Tonk on 3/11/2013 8:05 PM PDT
90 Pandaren Shaman
no ur wrong and missed the memo - Oondasta is a HEROIC 40 man Raid (and an organized 1 at that). He's not Sha or Galleon. GC has alrdy commented he should not be considered progression and elitists answered back that all bosses no matter how hard will ALWAYS be considered progression. GC replied that that is the raid's choice but dont expect Oondasts to be nerfed if a guild/raid cannot take him down.

This is something NEW that blizzard is trying. Bosses that ARE meant to be feared and avoided and not zerged for gear. Killing Oondasta in itself is ALMOST a feat of strength kind of achievement and NOT meant for casual players (which i know make 95% of wow's player base) but this is a bone for those few hardcore raiders....and i LIKE that they're doing something new like this. Goes back to the heart of the game which is NOT catering to the masses but going outside the box and doing things that are just plain COOL! cause the developers felt like it.

Blizzard is not going to nerf this....like ever - think of it as ur hardcore D3 character dying - they're not listening lalalalalala

Organized raids don't drop loot using the LFR model. They drop it using the normal raid model, which thereafter loot is distributed in an organized manner by the guild.

The boss was designed to be killed by players who are not coordinated, as it clearly is using an uncoordinated loot model and a faction tag share. If it was supposed to be killed by an organized group, then it would be tagged to that group.
Edited by Firestyle on 3/11/2013 8:04 PM PDT
100 Night Elf Hunter
Your server can't field 40 good players? I mean, that's what the boss was tuned for.

There's about 1 and a half raid guilds left on my server. So no, we really can't. All the serious raiders keep transferring off.
90 Undead Warlock
03/11/2013 08:00 PMPosted by Goku

A lot of servers can't field 40 players period because of faction imbalances, general population of the server, etc.
90 Goblin Shaman
people use CRZ to get rares on low pop servers. can we get rid of CRZ too?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8177777901#2

There is a purposeful non-specific determination in who is taken to which realm in order to dissuade large groups of people from intentionally targeting a single realm for nefarious activities. Unfortunately it does have the side effect of impacting some of the good uses for cross-realm play, like inviting a friend to help with something that exists on one realm but not the other.

It's not possible for higher population realms to CRZ into lower population realms according to Blizz.
90 Undead Warlock
03/11/2013 08:00 PMPosted by Goku

All on the same faction, at the same time? Probably not.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]