Oondasta and Nalak Hotfixes

(Locked)

90 Gnome Warlock
Hey, its perfectly ok for toons from a different server to pillage your resources and kill quest npc's, but god forbid they show up with the intention of helping down a world boss??

Am I the only one doing a huge /facedesk here?

^^^ This. So much this.
Edited by Kether on 3/11/2013 8:12 PM PDT
90 Pandaren Shaman
03/11/2013 08:09 PMPosted by Tonk
people use CRZ to get rares on low pop servers. can we get rid of CRZ too?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8177777901#2

There is a purposeful non-specific determination in who is taken to which realm in order to dissuade large groups of people from intentionally targeting a single realm for nefarious activities. Unfortunately it does have the side effect of impacting some of the good uses for cross-realm play, like inviting a friend to help with something that exists on one realm but not the other.

It's not possible for higher population realms to CRZ into lower population realms according to Blizz.

Party leader invite in Pandaria override this function. If I invite my friend, from any realm into my group for which I am the leader, they come to my realm. I have had people I've done CMs with to come to my realm to hunt treasure and farm rares. It happens.
85 Night Elf Rogue
well i think some servers will never get these mobs down without crz help ... blizzard leaves the crappy part of crz (over crowding and rares/gathering mates going to people on other servers) and takes away a good thing

crx should be modified so that not 10 servers are connected at once ... connect 2 or 3 ... 4 at most

if the issue was low population in low areas... combine a couple low populated servers
100 Blood Elf Hunter
Gee, thanks a lot for making it impossible for low-pop servers to ever do an Oondasta kill then Blizz.
90 Pandaren Shaman
The reality of this, is that Blizzard has really good ideas - like Oondasta, but they need to prioritize getting players from lower pop realms into more populated environments so they can actually do these cool things they make for us.

They don't talk about it, they ignore it - so when are they going to address it? Perhaps now that it's a hindrance to other game design, they'll actually do something.
Edited by Firestyle on 3/11/2013 8:18 PM PDT
90 Goblin Shaman
Party leader invite in Pandaria override this function. If I invite my friend, from any realm into my group for which I am the leader, they come to my realm. I have had people I've done CMs with to come to my realm to hunt treasure and farm rares. It happens.

It was stated in that thread that someone from Sargeras was trying to go to a lower population realm to help their friend, with their friend being the leader and not them, and it would plop them into Sargeras instead, and that was the blue post to it. Obviously there are slips in the system that likely happen, but that's still the official response on High -> Low pop CRZ.
Edited by Tonk on 3/11/2013 8:33 PM PDT
90 Troll Druid
You've never played alliance on Mal'ganis then. There've been times where there would only be about 8 max level toons on.

I've killed Galleon more times than I've SEEN Alliance on Illidan (back when I was on Illidan). I'm aware.
100 Tauren Shaman
Just another reason to hate the fact that I'm on a low-population server.
90 Night Elf Druid
That's retarded. What a dumb change. I don't think I'll ever down those bosses now. Ever. My realm has no Alliance population.
100 Blood Elf Hunter
That's retarded. What a dumb change. I don't think I'll ever down those bosses now. Ever. My realm has no Alliance population.

The same thing can be said for Horde on Scarlet Cruasde, SC is a grandfather server, people moved OFF of it during cataclysm and the server itself never recovered. Now its going to be even worse, I am not paying 25$ per toon to x-fer to a higher pop server just to do these things, And I want to do them, but Blizz is making it impossible to even try. When you need 3-4 FULL 40-man raids to down a world boss? Yeah, not happening.
90 Draenei Priest
I hope this will make Blizzard realize it's time to can CRZ altogether, if not at least until next expansion, once all the quirks have been worked out.

That feature is clearly not ready to be on live. It's causing nothing but grievances, and provides no benefits to anyone, except gankers, who seem to rejoice in the blood of the many players they can one shot.
Edited by Lucifia on 3/11/2013 8:46 PM PDT
100 Dwarf Priest
Hey, its perfectly ok for toons from a different server to pillage your resources and kill quest npc's, but god forbid they show up with the intention of helping down a world boss??

Am I the only one doing a huge /facedesk here?

Im not super depressed since I already got my oondasta kill and don't think it's really worth the hassle to do it regularly for the gear he drops but... yeah, basically this.

CRZ: all the drawbacks of a high pop server with none of the benefits(TM)
Edited by Stonehand on 3/11/2013 8:40 PM PDT
90 Draenei Priest
Gee, thanks a lot for making it impossible for low-pop servers to ever do an Oondasta kill then Blizz.

It's in Blizzard's best interest to make the life of people in low-pop realm hell. It's the only way they'll get entire guilds to shell 25$ a character to move to another realm...

Everything about CRZ is precisely that... destroy all the benefits of low-pop, while maintaining all the problems. Didn't you grasp that yet?

Edit: Added benefit! Once everyone has paid to move, you don't need to merge realms and appear like a dying MMO!
Edited by Lucifia on 3/11/2013 8:44 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]