(Locked)

90 Undead Warlock

Whoosh!

I lol'ed :)
90 Draenei Shaman
bump
100 Gnome Warlock
Gj Blizz.

Spit in the face of the honest & diligent players.

Reward the scum that blatantly cheat!

When I consider this and the insanity of the recent "hotfixes" I really do wonder what kind of goons are running things over at Blizzard.
90 Undead Warrior
Wintrading hampered the ladder. Besides, it's only a game. Calm down.

Just had to reply. He doesn't has to calm down, he's right they shouldn't get the achievements, considering how much more work he did than those wintraders.
Granted it's only a game, but it's also a competitive one, I don't mind he being upset cause he's right.
90 Tauren Shaman
I would LOVE to see Blizzard's explanation for how this happened. Especially after their big "come down" on cheaters. Great job with that, I get it that you can't catch everyone. But couldn't you run a scan of the folks that made your cut off?

It doesn't take a genius to take one look at the people OP linked to know they clearly were carried / win traded to a blatantly unearned title and mount.

Season 12 achievements will forever be questioned, and I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happens again this season. Watch and see, I won't be holding my breath.
90 Undead Warlock
I'm getting SOOO pissed....

http://i.imgur.com/Lu8geG9.jpg

First legit game of S13... and we go against WINTRADERS!!!

BLIZZARD!!!! I'm honestly thinking of quitting WoW. Why play a game where cheaters don't just go unpunished, but get REWARDED?!?!
90 Undead Warlock
Game number 2...

http://i.imgur.com/QUCSEa8.png

What do you know? MORE WINTRADERS!!!
90 Undead Warlock
I don't just want the Hero title given to me, or anyone else that earned it. I want them to police all these cheaters and actually add some integrity back into high rated RBGs.
22 Tauren Warrior
I don't just want the Hero title given to me, or anyone else that earned it. I want them to police all these cheaters and actually add some integrity back into high rated RBGs.

World of Warcraft + Integrity + PvP are things that don't go hand it hand. There have been too many seasons flawed by cheaters. It happened in BC, it happened in Wrath, it happened in Cata and no surprise it happened in MoP.
Community Manager
I'm trying to remain calm about this... deep breaths...

Are you telling me 2500 RBG rating isn't enough for Hero of the Horde/Alliance?

Are you telling me that these kids here ~~> http://us.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/battlegrounds/?page=1 ... that have records like 11-7, 16-2, 13-4, 22-12, 17-7, 9-8... these people are getting their Hero title? They are getting their title with 9 wins and 8 losses?...

I make videos at http://www.youtube.com/WoWisSerious. I worked my rear off for my rating and won many tough games along the way. But, the 9 win 8 loss kid gets his title and I get to try again. You do know that April 1st is still 20 days away, right?

We did take action against those we were able to identify as exploiting the system as well as taking action to fix the means by which some of these players were doing so. We also know that there are still concerns from the community. We’ve been discussing ways to address this for the future and will continue to keep an eye on things from our end. Hopefully, we’ll be able to provide more details on our plans at a later point in time.

I know you're frustrated and I'm sorry you feel this way. Hopefully we'll be able to do more in the future to address this for you and get you back to feeling better about your PvP accomplishments.
19 Night Elf Rogue
And there you have it , to bad they get titles and you don't , you just need to have faith they will catch them next season or the season after.
Edited by Imnotatwink on 3/14/2013 4:32 PM PDT
90 Orc Death Knight
I'm trying to remain calm about this... deep breaths...

Are you telling me 2500 RBG rating isn't enough for Hero of the Horde/Alliance?

Are you telling me that these kids here ~~> http://us.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/battlegrounds/?page=1 ... that have records like 11-7, 16-2, 13-4, 22-12, 17-7, 9-8... these people are getting their Hero title? They are getting their title with 9 wins and 8 losses?...

I make videos at http://www.youtube.com/WoWisSerious. I worked my rear off for my rating and won many tough games along the way. But, the 9 win 8 loss kid gets his title and I get to try again. You do know that April 1st is still 20 days away, right?

We did take action against those we were able to identify as exploiting the system as well as [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7789209219"]taking action [/url]to fix the means by which some of these players were doing so. We also know that there are still concerns from the community. We’ve been discussing ways to address this for the future and will continue to keep an eye on things from our end. Hopefully, we’ll be able to provide more details on our plans at a later point in time.

I know you're frustrated and I'm sorry you feel this way. Hopefully we'll be able to do more in the future to address this for you and get you back to feeling better about your PvP accomplishments.

So in other words, if you can't beat them...
Community Manager

So in other words, if you can't beat them...

Report them. I'm sure that's what you were going to say. Seriously though, we are keeping an eye on things and will take action should we need to. In the meantime, we really do need people to report players who are abusing the system etc.

And there you have it , to bad they get titles and you don't , you just need to have faith they will catch them next season or the season after.

This isn't what we're saying either. We're saying we caught those who we positively identified as abusing the system. We're planning to continue to work toward ways to address things such as this and will. I wanted to at least take some time to let people know that this wasn't falling on deaf ears.
Edited by Nethaera on 3/14/2013 4:39 PM PDT
90 Human Mage
If I were a pvper, I'd be flipping tables.

I facepalmed when I armoried one of the guys who plays at the 1550 level in arenas but somehow manage to go from 1600 to 3000+ rbg rating in 2 days. >.>
90 Human Mage
The problem is that the exploiting becomes well known, so much in fact, that many people take advantage of it before a solution is implemented. The response just isn't fast enough to fix the problem. Many of these exploits are reported on the forums, weeks, sometimes months before anything is done about them. And then to top it off, a ton of the people that used said exploits get to keep the rewards/titles they get.

The other thing that has become a massive problem is the account sharing and paying real money for rewards that has been running rampant the last few seasons. People are finding ways to hide or mask their IP addresses to avoid being caught. It's frustrating, in fact it's extremely frustrating and completely unacceptable.

Using these kinds of exploits is the pvp equivalent of finding an exploit to make a heroic raid boss trivial and then using it. When something like that happens to a boss, it's almost always fixed within days if not hours of being discovered. The players taking advantage of said exploits are suspended and even banned. Why is this? Why is the response so much slower for pvp? Does the diminishing presence of the pvp community not tell you that the current way the situation is being handled is inadequate?
Community Manager
If I were a pvper, I'd be flipping tables.

I facepalmed when I armoried one of the guys who plays at the 1550 level in arenas but somehow manage to go from 1600 to 3000+ rbg rating in 2 days. >.>

We're taking a look at armory data as well. It may not be as accurate as we'd like it to be. We'll keep everyone informed should we make any further updates on it though.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Sorry Neth, as much as I respect you as a CM, that response and post is a giant joke. I don't even RBG and I find that a giant joke.

"Planning to continue to work"? You mean you aren't already working on much better and more efficient ways of tracking RBG cheaters? Or you don't already have superior and efficient ways of catching them?

I find it pretty surprising the majority of the people on there have less than 50, even 30 games played yet are topping the ratings and have exceptionally high ratings after... two days?

Well, good to know never to bother with RBG's then. Thanks for the info.
Edited by Raeniel on 3/14/2013 4:47 PM PDT
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I love the blue post, sorry man, we don't care enough to clearly tell who's been abusing the system and who did real work.

I don't miss my days in pvp(almost hit 2700 in 3s at my peak lol) now I just enjoy pve, least if something in PvE is broke, it's hotfixed within a few hours.

03/14/2013 04:35 PMPosted by Nethaera
We're planning to continue to work toward ways to address things such as this and will.
lol you won't do anything. Just like how some guy on my server used an exploit to take server first gold CMs from my group AND was able to wear the CM set on his alt(His main being on another server) without having the golds on his alt, I made a ticket and even talked to a GM, I was just told nothing could be done and he will look into it.

For how big blizzard is, it's amazing how much you go out of your way to dodge fixing these issues, least when something in LoL is broken, Riot goes and ask the community how to fix it, and actions are taken to make the game better

Blizzard is like the dad who left you when you were 5, and the times he remembers to call you on your Bday, he promises that your gift is in the mail, and it never comes
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]