Season 12 RBGs, Cheaters, and Rewards.

(Locked)

100 Goblin Hunter
If I were a pvper, I'd be flipping tables.

I facepalmed when I armoried one of the guys who plays at the 1550 level in arenas but somehow manage to go from 1600 to 3000+ rbg rating in 2 days. >.>

We're taking a look at armory data as well. It may not be as accurate as we'd like it to be. We'll keep everyone informed should we make any further updates on it though.

But, will these people who obviously didn't obtain the titles/ranks legitly going to get banned as well that aren't right now? I mean cmon, I've seen DeathKnights with full greens 372, you're telling me that they went beast mode on a RBG and obtained that? I just want information on if will the still lingering people that haven't been caught yet get their ranks stripped from them is all, or will they just be left with it while they're sitting in no PVP gear.

Also to note, I've watched a friend at his house report a player on his realm several times for not legitimately getting his rank. The guys sitting in a couple 400 blues for gods sake. He's never once been removed of his gains. It's just silly.
Edited by Viperish on 3/14/2013 4:51 PM PDT
90 Human Monk
I just find it hilarious that some people got there with full blues or less. And even more so many are getting high rating's with very low amount of games played (i.e. 4) and some players who most likely did not cheat and have 400+ games played.

Edited out link to specific profile apparently if you do that, you're gonna have a bad time.
Edited by Kickmaster on 3/14/2013 5:26 PM PDT
90 Human Rogue
4-4 to 2900 YOU ARE RIGHT BLIZZARD THEY DIDNT CHEAT
90 Night Elf Druid

So in other words, if you can't beat them...

Report them. I'm sure that's what you were going to say. Seriously though, we are keeping an eye on things and will take action should we need to. In the meantime, we really do need people to report players who are abusing the system etc.

Absolute bullcrap. Supposedly after many tickets our GM was in discussion with a Blizzard GM who was watching another guild exploit Heroic Garalon. Know what happened? Same thing that happens almost ALL the time, not a damn thing. People have great concerns about your policies on cheating/botting/etc. and for good reason, that reason is that your policies suck bad. I suggest you place integrity over money.
100 Goblin Hunter
I just find it hilarious that this guy got there with a 429 ilvl green weapon.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/bleeding-hollow/zomgremoveitbrah/advanced

That's not a legit post, also I'd remove that from your post ^, pretty sure posting is bad mmmm'k. I'm viewing a guy with full pvp epics, with just one green that's his protection weapon. You don't PvP in arena as prot, well unless you're really special. But that weapon won't affect him much. We're speaking of people in FULL GREENS/under 460 Item level guy, that guy has one flaw. I'm sure you'd bash him even if he had a heroic 363 weapon or a Scenario one at that.
91 Orc Warrior
[quote="81964742115"]I just find it hilarious that this guy got there with a 429 ilvl green weapon.

edited cause you can't link others profiles in here, but to answer your questioning his weps. Some people log out like that on purpose maybe paranoid idk so the compitition doesn't see what you are working with.

it would still show up on the activity feed.
100 Goblin Hunter
[quote]I just find it hilarious that this guy got there with a 429 ilvl green weapon.

edited cause you can't link others profiles in here, but to answer your questioning his weps. Some people log out like that on purpose maybe paranoid idk so the compitition doesn't see what you are working with.

it would still show up on the activity feed.

It won't if he's had it for awhile. It only shows up to 50. A lot of his gear is 483, most likely he never obtained a honor weapon and he has the legit conquest one. From monthsssssss ago.

My deathknight has a conquest weapon with fully upgrade and it's not on the activity feed. So, you calling me a cheater?
Edited by Viperish on 3/14/2013 5:09 PM PDT
100 Undead Warlock
[quote="81964742115"]I just find it hilarious that this guy got there with a 429 ilvl green weapon.

Are you kidding me?

OH MY COULD HE BE USING THE MALEVOLENT GLADIATOR'S GREATSWORD OR THE MALEVOLENT GLADIATOR'S DECAPITATOR?

If only he didn't log out with a green weapon. FOILED AGAIN!
90 Night Elf Druid
Blizzard takes care of cheaters. The reason we dont see them here is because they are banned. I had a guildy that was banned for that a week and a half ago and he now has to go and buy a new WoW game if he even wants to play again. I laughed at him.... cheaters get what come to them too.
100 Goblin Hunter
We're talking about cheaters that are pretty obviously in all greens/crappy blues, not some average joe who is never spent his time on a prot sword/shield set and is trying to obtain it, but can't since he already spent his points on his actual role.. a DPS set. If I were a dps warrior that PvPs the last thing I'm going to do is gather points for a sword 1h and shield.
90 Blood Elf Mage
I have a friend who also farms achievements like myself. He completed all the RBG achievements and hero title by win trading and brags about it ....effing cheaters. for real.
100 Goblin Hunter
Blizzard takes care of cheaters. The reason we dont see them here is because they are banned. I had a guildy that was banned for that a week and a half ago and he now has to go and buy a new WoW game if he even wants to play again. I laughed at him.... cheaters get what come to them too.

They do, but not all of them. Explain why there's a large group of 4-4 8-9 wins and loses while the players are in 372 item level or below 400 yet have the ranks? The haven't been punished, and probably won't. I'm viewing it as Blizzard smashed a huge chunk of players that cheated their way to the top, but a couple of these players were rogues and vanished, thus weren't detected in the system. Which, will just be left alone.
90 Undead Monk
I'm trying to remain calm about this... deep breaths...

Are you telling me 2500 RBG rating isn't enough for Hero of the Horde/Alliance?

Are you telling me that these kids here ~~> http://us.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/battlegrounds/?page=1 ... that have records like 11-7, 16-2, 13-4, 22-12, 17-7, 9-8... these people are getting their Hero title? They are getting their title with 9 wins and 8 losses?...

I make videos at http://www.youtube.com/WoWisSerious. I worked my rear off for my rating and won many tough games along the way. But, the 9 win 8 loss kid gets his title and I get to try again. You do know that April 1st is still 20 days away, right?

We did take action against those we were able to identify as exploiting the system as well as [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7789209219"]taking action [/url]to fix the means by which some of these players were doing so. We also know that there are still concerns from the community. We’ve been discussing ways to address this for the future and will continue to keep an eye on things from our end. Hopefully, we’ll be able to provide more details on our plans at a later point in time.

I know you're frustrated and I'm sorry you feel this way. Hopefully we'll be able to do more in the future to address this for you and get you back to feeling better about your PvP accomplishments.

So you have no intentions of taking these titles and giving them to proper people? If this was pvp the realm first titles would be looked at and made sure no one exploited.

You(blizzard) had a week to get all cheaters and you failed. Last season had 2 weeks to make everything was sure, why did you not do that? You could have just fixed the problem then reset everyones mmr, and while some people would have been unhappy they could have easily got back up and glad theyre rating was legit instead of it not really mattering this season. One of the problems was because mmr got very inflated, so after you fixed the problem the people who faced wintraders(and not necessarily wintraders) got to a high mmr and they just sat at that rating. We need a to decrease the people who just get their mmr up real high then stop playing for the rest of the season and they end up getting hero? The mmr needs to include a activity aspect to it.

It also needs to have a minimum of how much games need to be played. No matter if you are over 9000 mmr you should never get a title for just playing 10 games. This would fix wintrading and pilots. I deny that there is nothing in your power to fix this. It is ridiculous for us real pvpers to get shafted because you failed. Once was obviously not good enough to check the people that wintraded, now go back and fix your mistake. I think you for trying to 'answer our concerns but I am going to tell you it is not good enough.
90 Goblin Mage
I wonder what blizzard thinks when they see 9-8 rbg season score with that kind of rating.
100 Night Elf Warrior
I'm trying to remain calm about this... deep breaths...

Are you telling me 2500 RBG rating isn't enough for Hero of the Horde/Alliance?

Are you telling me that these kids here ~~> http://us.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/battlegrounds/?page=1 ... that have records like 11-7, 16-2, 13-4, 22-12, 17-7, 9-8... these people are getting their Hero title? They are getting their title with 9 wins and 8 losses?...

I make videos at http://www.youtube.com/WoWisSerious. I worked my rear off for my rating and won many tough games along the way. But, the 9 win 8 loss kid gets his title and I get to try again. You do know that April 1st is still 20 days away, right?

We did take action against those we were able to identify as exploiting the system as well as [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7789209219"]taking action [/url]to fix the means by which some of these players were doing so. We also know that there are still concerns from the community. We’ve been discussing ways to address this for the future and will continue to keep an eye on things from our end. Hopefully, we’ll be able to provide more details on our plans at a later point in time.

I know you're frustrated and I'm sorry you feel this way. Hopefully we'll be able to do more in the future to address this for you and get you back to feeling better about your PvP accomplishments.

You're talking about the future when there were so many blatant irregularities on page 1 of the ladders that most people could easily point out?

It doesn't matter what lip service you give about the future when you are so quick to sweep the season 12 gong show under the rug.

WoW PvP has no integrity, and the lack of effort to maintain integrity lies wth your company's unwillingness to police it.
31 Tauren Druid
It pays to cheat in this game.

Looking at the rbg ladders some boosters made bank.
90 Troll Shaman
It's nice to get a blue reply on the topic, but it's clearly lip service to try and calm people who have every right to be outraged at the wintrading blunder.

I can't blame the OP at all for being upset, and his post was incredibly composed. And all he got, in essence, was a...we did what we could but that's old news and now we're going to need your help trying to make sure it doesn't happen again in the future.

Blows my mind.

News flash, it's not old news to everyone who saw win traders get titles they deserved. You should probably reply with something of value for this group of players instead of "in the future" rhetoric.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]