Season 12 RBGs, Cheaters, and Rewards.

(Locked)

90 Human Death Knight
I got 2380 honestly rbg rating on last season and I really expected my hero :(
90 Human Rogue
good to see they spent that week catching cheaters...oh wai
100 Human Mage
Report them. I'm sure that's what you were going to say. Seriously though, we are keeping an eye on things and will take action should we need to. In the meantime, we really do need people to report players who are abusing the system etc.

I know you don't want to name who was banned for what Neth, but I implore you to start listing number of bans, for what and for how long, for each server or battle group without naming names so people can see something is being done.
Edited by Fairadey on 3/14/2013 5:35 PM PDT
100 Human Mage
good to see they spent that week catching cheaters...oh wai

I think one of the big problems is a lot of the "star" players cheat in some form or another from either abusing the system by only playing at the start to get their rating and then stopping, to whatever the issue. Just like some banks are too big to fail, some sports stars are to big to suspend, some players for arena and rated bg's are too big to suspend since their audience matters to Blizzard.
90 Gnome Priest
I've never been a serious pvper over the course of my wow career, but this type of thing blows my mind every year.

One of the main reasons I don't participate on a more serious level is due to my lack of understanding on how someone with a 9-8 record can have a 2850 rating. I just don't understand. Every season I would run 10 or 20 games near the beginning of the season and I've never even hit 1550. Come close once or twice. Now somehow through all this I've obtained the "HOT STREAK" achieve for 10 straight wins... ?? but I can't pass 1550, but a 9-8 record should net me a 2850 rating.

Now I know... MMR, playing easy teams, etc; I just can't wrap my brain around it, but I can say that there's no way someone who played less than 20 games all season should be given any prestigious title... even if they won all 20 games.

I think they should institute a mandatory number of games to play per season, something like 50 games, or even 75. Cap the number of rated games at like 10 a week. You can play more but it has no bearing on your rating. This at least requires people to log in over the course of the season... really at 50 games that would only be 5 weeks so it could be significantly worse if people thought it would help.

Either way I know little of the pvp ladders, but I feel for everyone who went balls out and worked hard for a title they never received. You'll always be a Hero of the Horde in my mind Serious :p
Good lord! I didn't realize pvp was that screwed up in this game. I mean, seriously!

11-7 with 3133 rating
9-8 with 2850 rating
17-7 with 2857 rating
13-4 with 3094 rating

How does that even happen? I knew there was a reason I don't pvp in this game. The whole leaderboard is completely screwed up.

Can someone explain how these people got those ratings with so few games played? I honestly don't understand.
90 Night Elf Druid
i dont even understand how this is calculated, it seems like these people all pretty much have almost a 50/50 loss to win ratio anyway ? o.O

they should have a minimum amount of games to play to even get a rating..
Edited by Selenya on 3/14/2013 5:42 PM PDT
i dont even understand how this is calculated, it seems like these people all pretty much have almost a 50/50 loss to win ratio anyway ? o.O

they should have a minimum amount of games to play to even get a rating..

Yeah I don't understand how people are over 3k rated with 50/50.... How does this prove skill or anything? What is the point? The best players should be getting the rewards.
100 Night Elf Druid
I have never PvPed (I've done maybe two or three battlegrounds in my time playing WoW), so I don't understand anything about how the rating works. Checking that ladder, however, makes me think I should just play PvP, and as long as I can do slightly better than 50% in a few games then I'll get a shiny new title.

Again, I have no idea what's going on here, but it seems to me like something is waaaayyyyyy off when a few people are at the top of the leaderboard having played ~30-40 games (many even fewer than that) and are at the top of the leaderboard (compared to others who have played hundreds and have a better raw W/L ratio).
100 Draenei Shaman
Looking through the list I'm absolutely disgusted in what I'm seeing. People who clearly and legitimately obtained their rating are getting completely screwed by those willing to cheat the system.

I hope something is done to prevent this crap from happening this season, so people like the OP can get what they damn well deserve.

It doesn't matter if it's "just a game," putting time and effort into something, whether it's a game or something else, matters when you see people cheating to get ahead of those putting in their time.
31 Tauren Druid

The best players should be getting the rewards.

Like Reckful's stream along with many other of wows best players advertising right on their streams rbg boosting for the low price of 200 bucks or whatever. Those best players? The best pvpers are the ones doing the boosting(same thing as wintrade boosting)
Edited by Fröthy on 3/14/2013 5:59 PM PDT
54 Pandaren Monk
If I were a pvper, I'd be flipping tables.

I facepalmed when I armoried one of the guys who plays at the 1550 level in arenas but somehow manage to go from 1600 to 3000+ rbg rating in 2 days. >.>

We're taking a look at armory data as well. It may not be as accurate as we'd like it to be. We'll keep everyone informed should we make any further updates on it though.

This type of non-committal response does nothing but infuriate people more. Just once it'd be nice to see a definitive response on things like this.
90 Pandaren Shaman
After a whole season a number of these people on top have less than 20 games played ... That is really messed up.
100 Goblin Hunter
I don't even work for blizzard,nor have all the fancy equipment, and I can find these people in a cinch. I need to move to Cali and apply. I'll gladly accept a job making bank, by just doing a common sense.. Mmmm'k "He's in greens.. *Check* He's 50/50 yet has 3k+ *double check* He only has 9 wins and never has been in arena *Large check across the paper*
Edited by Viperish on 3/14/2013 6:46 PM PDT
100 Blood Elf Warlock
I'm just a BG Hero.
I don't take pvp as seriously as many others do, however, I can empathize with how it would feel to have all of the effort you have put forth be made to feel like a hollow experience.

I have no answers and I won't muddy the water with questions or anecdotes.
I merely wanted to offer some support. I hope something good comes your way, one day.
Good luck.
90 Human Warlock
Solution? Diminishing returns on wins -- you get more points for defeating teams that you have never played than you do for defeating teams you have played many times before. Sound familiar? It's the solution to honor farming in Arathi Basin and other BGs, although BG diminishing returns are limited to single games, and not a season.

There might not be enough different teams to make this feasible -- the diminishing returns might be inevitable for some and not others, simply because teams with a particular schedule might keep fighting the same other teams, over and over.

It might not be enough to solve the problem.

So in other words, if you can't beat them...

Report them. I'm sure that's what you were going to say. Seriously though, we are keeping an eye on things and will take action should we need to. In the meantime, we really do need people to report players who are abusing the system etc.

And there you have it , to bad they get titles and you don't , you just need to have faith they will catch them next season or the season after.

This isn't what we're saying either. We're saying we caught those who we positively identified as abusing the system. We're planning to continue to work toward ways to address things such as this and will. I wanted to at least take some time to let people know that this wasn't falling on deaf ears.

ABN did but nothing got done to him as he was rank number one mage why is that?
90 Human Rogue
I'm trying to remain calm about this... deep breaths...

Are you telling me 2500 RBG rating isn't enough for Hero of the Horde/Alliance?

Are you telling me that these kids here ~~> http://us.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/battlegrounds/?page=1 ... that have records like 11-7, 16-2, 13-4, 22-12, 17-7, 9-8... these people are getting their Hero title? They are getting their title with 9 wins and 8 losses?...

I make videos at http://www.youtube.com/WoWisSerious. I worked my !@# off for my rating and won many tough games along the way. But, the 9 win 8 loss kid gets his title and I get to try again. You do know that April 1st is still 20 days away, right?

Thumbs up, and I liked your videos man, keep them up please.
99 Orc Hunter

Are you telling me that these kids here ~~> http://us.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/battlegrounds/?page=1 ... that have records like 11-7, 16-2, 13-4, 22-12, 17-7, 9-8... these people are getting their Hero title? They are getting their title with 9 wins and 8 losses?...

I sorted the 2K rated by least amount of wins.

It was surprising to say the least....

People with 4 wins and 5 losses sitting at 2500 RBG rating.

Wow....that's crazy.

Another player has 5 wins and 9 losses sitting at 2700 rating.

7 wins, 14 losses - 2401 rating.

O.o.

"Say it ain't so Joe!"

Edit - should have to play a minimum of 100 games or something before you're eligible for titles/rewards etc.
Edited by Rexzoolza on 3/14/2013 6:58 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]