Season 12 RBGs, Cheaters, and Rewards.

(Locked)

90 Gnome Warlock
eZs
Wintrading hampered the ladder. Besides, it's only a game. Calm down.

This is one of the most stupid responses I've witnessed on these forums...and that's saying a lot.
90 Human Mage
lol the one horde mage in nothing but blue gear I'm sure he is just so skilled in pvp.
90 Tauren Druid
Man, tough crowd.

In reading this I almost get the feeling the blue poster wants to say more but is being as professional as his profession demands of him. (may just be bs'ing but i bought it).

I disagree, it is an absolute joke that Blizzard awarded titles and published that list. Look at it? Blizzard had a week to verify it. It took me five minutes to find 10 cheaters. People with less than 20 games, with a losing record, who got a title for being the best pvpers?? it is beyond pathetic that Blizzard had those lists for a week, and still published and awarded them like this.

What really cracks me up though, is GC and all this micro-tuning of specs. My goodness. we have had about 4 patches in the last week all designed around balancing pvp. Who the hell cares when the entire ladder system is so screwed up that someone who played 12 games, losing over half of them, all in the same day is considered one of the best pvpers on his server? How meaningless does it make it for ´theorycrafters´ to know the RPPM of their metagems and trinkets, or that a druids cyclone went to a 24 second CD.. who gives a FF when some hunter in green gear just got the coveted title by pvping for 4 hours one weekend and losing more than he won.

It nullifies any serous discussion about balance when the results ladder is so screwed up.. AND published by Blizzard.

But like I said before. I am fairly certain two of the very respected pvpers that communicate with the devs regarding balance were the ones who got caught win-trading, which is why it was reversed and they were unbanned.
90 Troll Warlock
Exploit in PVE = instabanned and hotfix
Exploit in PVP = grats
14 Blood Elf Mage
Exploit in PVP = grats

Sounds about right.
22 Tauren Warrior

We also know that there are still concerns from the community. We’ve been discussing ways to address this for the future and will continue to keep an eye on things from our end. Hopefully, we’ll be able to provide more details on our plans at a later point in time.

This has been the statement since Burning Crusade. "We're working on ways to fix it". At some point during the course of 5 years you'd think someone's lightbulb would go off and say "Maybe we can't".

Until the system can be foolproof, Blizzard should stop with the exclusive awards for only the top .005% by either opening the awards to a larger % or removing them entirely.
90 Human Rogue
Wintrading hampered the ladder. Besides, it's only a game. Calm down.

If I gave a crap about PvP in this game, I'd be mad as hell too. Very very unfair situation.
90 Human Paladin
Why isn't there a maximum number of games required to play or win in order to obtain these ratings/title? I see the man on top of the ladder is 85 and 31 which seems reasonable. But to be 9 and 8 and above 2500 seems ludicrous. You should have to win 75 games or so.
90 Night Elf Druid
I don't care so much about the title, but these cheaters are walking around with fully upgraded t2 weapons. Blizzard should make it so the honor weapons are as good as last season's weapons. Otherwise cheaters will profit for two straight seasons.
90 Tauren Druid
Big reason I am leaving the game is I read blues and watch how they handle it

"Please report any exploits and we will take care of it"...yada yada, but I have reported many exploits such as DKs can get to FR before even any horde can get there in EOTS.

I have witness wintraders and reported that team and I see 1 of them in the .05%. Look at the achievements and see how they can get from 1100-2400 in less than a day and only played 13 games total and have almost the same amount of losses as wins is only obvious.

Blizzard, I think the community is tired on now you treat pvp community now to a point it's this

PvE Exploits -- Banned and hotfixed
PvP Exploits -- gear, titles and rewards

The blue posts in this thread makes me sick.

I am glad I am done with the game.
90 Undead Rogue
Exploit in PVP = grats

Should be stickied because it has been the truth for a while now.
90 Human Death Knight
I play on one of the most populated servers, the only, ONLY thing i see 90% of the time are people asking to buy wintrades and people who are looking to sell them via skype.

It astounds me to think that a local/trade chat could be totally corrupted with people spamming for these while the rest of the players sit idly by and let it continue. If you want something changed take SS's, REPORT these people, and try and do something good.

The sad fact of the matter is that TOO MANY people play this for the staff to keep track of EVERY SINGLE person. Its left in our hands, and we MUST do our best to keep it clean.

These people should be NAMED PUBLICLY on each server, in each battle group and be shunned among the community. Seeing as this is rampant this is the best (IMO) we can hope to get.
Edited by Vortéx on 3/14/2013 9:08 PM PDT
90 Orc Shaman
Holy cow, I knew win-trading was a problem, but I never knew it was THIS much of an issue
90 Tauren Druid

So in other words, if you can't beat them...

Report them. I'm sure that's what you were going to say. Seriously though, we are keeping an eye on things and will take action should we need to. In the meantime, we really do need people to report players who are abusing the system etc.

And there you have it , to bad they get titles and you don't , you just need to have faith they will catch them next season or the season after.

This isn't what we're saying either. We're saying we caught those who we positively identified as abusing the system. We're planning to continue to work toward ways to address things such as this and will. I wanted to at least take some time to let people know that this wasn't falling on deaf ears.

If all the reports of this do end up falling on deaf ears, I guarantee you the number of people who cheat in the future will be exponentially higher. There has been more attention brought to this issue than any other in the past few months yet they were still awarded the title? Personally I was never high enough rated for this be a direct concern to me, but if I ever wanted to push for a high rating I would be extremely discouraged if my work was for nothing because of a bunch of cheaters (that you were aware of and didn't do anything about).
90 Human Paladin
I don't understand the mechanics of how this even works. I don't understand what's going on, or how exactly the exploit works. Like the SS's that've been posted. Where there's only 1 opposing player. How exactly does that indicate win-trading.

Regardless of all of that, I still think its insane that someone could play less then 20 games, have a losing record, and be that highly ranked. Makes no sense.

I'm starting to think you should have to play a minimum of 100 games before you even get a rating.
90 Human Rogue
I think I've come to the conclusion that Blizz is doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about win trading. THE SAME 2 PEOPLE SPAM TRADE EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. selling rating, and Ive reported them multiple times. I know blizz doesnt have the time to look at every trade chat, but Im sure they could Ctrl+F things like "High Warlord" "Grand Marshal", ect.
90 Dwarf Shaman
I'm trying to remain calm about this... deep breaths...

Are you telling me 2500 RBG rating isn't enough for Hero of the Horde/Alliance?
Are you telling me that these kids here ~~> http://us.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/battlegrounds/?page=1 ... that have records like 11-7, 16-2, 13-4, 22-12, 17-7, 9-8... these people are getting their Hero title? They are getting their title with 9 wins and 8 losses?...

I make videos at http://www.youtube.com/WoWisSerious. I worked my !@# off for my rating and won many tough games along the way. But, the 9 win 8 loss kid gets his title and I get to try again. You do know that April 1st is still 20 days away, right?

Omg! Im freakin subbed to you! /love

but yeah I agree
90 Tauren Druid
Reporting them isn't working or this wouldn't be an issue, they have logs, they have resources to fix it, they just choose to not care.
90 Dwarf Shaman
I'm trying to remain calm about this... deep breaths...

Are you telling me 2500 RBG rating isn't enough for Hero of the Horde/Alliance?

Are you telling me that these kids here ~~> http://us.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/battlegrounds/?page=1 ... that have records like 11-7, 16-2, 13-4, 22-12, 17-7, 9-8... these people are getting their Hero title? They are getting their title with 9 wins and 8 losses?...

I make videos at http://www.youtube.com/WoWisSerious. I worked my rear off for my rating and won many tough games along the way. But, the 9 win 8 loss kid gets his title and I get to try again. You do know that April 1st is still 20 days away, right?

We did take action against those we were able to identify as exploiting the system as well as [url="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7789209219"]taking action [/url]to fix the means by which some of these players were doing so. We also know that there are still concerns from the community. We’ve been discussing ways to address this for the future and will continue to keep an eye on things from our end. Hopefully, we’ll be able to provide more details on our plans at a later point in time.

I know you're frustrated and I'm sorry you feel this way. Hopefully we'll be able to do more in the future to address this for you and get you back to feeling better about your PvP accomplishments.

but for now you're going to let these people have their rewards? makes sense.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]