Popular Games You Despise

62 Gnome Priest
What's that one game/series that everyone seems to adore, but you literally cannot stand, and why?

Mine would have to be Metal Gear Solid. I cannot stand that game at all. I can't even get an hour in to that game without turning off the console. I really just don't like the espionage gameplay of the series, and not to mention with every entry, they focus more on cutscenes than the actual game, and it's just annoying to walk 3 feet and get thrown into another cutscene after YOU JUST FINISHED ONE.

Don't even get me started on Metal Gear Solid 4. Worst $20 ever.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
For me, it has to be Resident Evil. Started off as one of the greatest game franchise I came to love in my childhood. I love survival zombie horrors. As a book reader and as a video game player.

But after Resident 3/4. It just has gone down the toilet into an "adventure/small horror game". Sad really. I've played 5 and 6 and well, I was at Gamestop/Walmart the next day to return them. Its sad that they had so much potential and yet...are falling on their face.
Reply Quote
62 Gnome Priest
For me, it has to be Resident Evil. Started off as one of the greatest game franchise I came to love in my childhood. I love survival zombie horrors. As a book reader and as a video game player.

But after Resident 3/4. It just has gone down the toilet into an "adventure/small horror game". Sad really. I've played 5 and 6 and well, I was at Gamestop/Walmart the next day to return them. Its sad that they had so much potential and yet...are falling on their face.

I enjoyed 5, but man, 6 was really bad. I was so disappointed in that game.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
On top of my head: Call of Duty, Battlefield, H.A.L.O., Dark Space, Grand Theft Auto.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Dark Space

Er....you mean Dead Space?

Anywho. I don't get the big whoop over the new Final Fantasy games. The last one I enjoyed was 10-2 but it was a guilty pleasure. I liked the combat system.

I don't get COD even though I've played Halo 2-3 and Gears of War. A lot of recent games I don't really get.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Warrior
On top of my head: Call of Duty, Battlefield, H.A.L.O., Dark Space, Grand Theft Auto.

How can you despise something if you don't even know its name? It's called Halo. Unless there's some H.A.L.O. that I've never heard about.

I'm not a fan of Diablo 3. Bought it because of the hype. Never again.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
halo series, and lately any garbage that blizzard comes out with starcraft 2 and diablo 3 im lookin at you
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
NMB
Call of Duty. By FAR.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
A lot of the stuff Capcom puts out these days I can't find myself liking at all. It's because of a combination of the game's actual quality and the "five-star" customer service they've been delivering to their fans in the past two years. That being said, I did pre-order MH3U because while I did say I would never purchase another Capcom game new if I really wanted one, I did so with this one because attempting to find a used copy would've been a task in and of itself. I swallowed my pride on that one; just wish Capcom would swallow theirs and give the fans what they want for once instead of the BS they've been pushing out.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
God of War.

I like Halo. One of the better Sci-Fi FPS in a long time.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Baldur's Gate
Reply Quote
82 Troll Shaman
Call of Duty, Elder scrolls, Resident evil, Assassin's creed
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
Resident Evil:

1,2, and 3 are classic. 4 was pretty awesome even after the game play was revamped (the scary mood is still there). 5 was horrible (wtf, zombies with an AK-47?). Never play 6 since they didn't release on PC yet.

Assassin's Creed:

1 and 2 were pretty good. Every other sequels became predictable and boring. I only played through Brotherhood and Revelation because I wanted to finish Ezio's story. 3 was so terrible that I quit half-way and didn't even bother with the story. I also hated Connor as a protagonist.

Dragon Age

Granted DA2 is not that bad, but it's nowhere near DA:O's level of epicness. The revamped combat was nice but the story didn't interest me at all.
Edited by Psyrence on 3/14/2013 4:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I was into the first Assassin's Creed... but then Ezio happened.

Final Fantasy has been a favorite series of mine since back in the days of NES. Final Fantasy 10 was the straw that broke the camel's back. 10 and beyond can suck my butt.
Edited by Abastus on 3/14/2013 7:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
43 Blood Elf Warrior
Skyrim

Played it, beat it, bored the mess out of me. You can only trudge through so many Draugr caves before you fall asleep.

Almost Every Popular FPS.

I feel like the gaming market is over-saturated with shooter. I picked halo and ignored all the rest of them.
Reply Quote
55 Draenei Death Knight
Call of duty , mass effect , ncaa xx madden xx
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Carl on Duty, League of Legends (have played 500+ games), mass effect, halo series, kingdom hearts series, almost every mario game, etc.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Kingdom Hearts: I went with an Xbox around the time the first one came out, kinda forgot about it. After looking at some brief overviews of the plot/watching an entire LP of the first, I'm amazed at how people are still worshiping this series despite how much of a cluster-bomb it's become. (Granted, I may be slightly biased considering said LP's commentary was often fairly mocking of quite a bit of the story :P)

Assassin's Creed 2 and on: I played 1 through to completion, found it was a very interesting setting (then again, the memories of going over that time period in World History were still fresh), and decided to go with the second. I got a few hours in, and... Despite all the improvements I'd read about, I just could not get into it. And considering how heavily story-based it is, just skipping on to the next one really wasn't an option for me. :~

COD/MW: Granted, this was more because I saw Activision's actions to Ward and Zampella in regards to MW2 were so egregious that I decided to boycott the whole series from then on out. Granted, I get the impression I really wasn't missing much.

Diablo: Not so much despise it, but... I just couldn't really get into the swing of things. I honestly did find D3 to be rather friendly to first-timers of the genre... Right up until I stonewalled on the last form of Act 2's final boss.
Edited by Marriama on 3/14/2013 2:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
God of War
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Runescape
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]