Popular Games You Despise

90 Human Warlock
CoD/MW series, Halo, and pretty much all of the modern FPS games. The genre is dead to me. The hatred is doubled when thinking about the genre on consoles.

RIP Stomping Grounds.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Call of Duty
Call of Duty is one that I never did enjoy. I find the single and multi-player boring.

Monster Hunter
Monster Hunter is one I really dislike. I tried playing it and man those controls were horrible. Was the first and last game I bought that wasn't made directly from Nintendo for the Wii.

Ultimate Fighting Championships
UFC.... Matter of fact, I find any fighting/wrestling games other then Smash Brothers extremely boring.

Madden NFL
Madden NFL. Another game my real life friends rave about. Don't like watching the real thing and definitely don't like playing it.

FIFA
Just as boring as Madden for me. I guess any game that involves a sport with a ball I find boring. Might as well cut the list short here.

Minecraft(?)
Slender Man(?)

Well not the games directly, but it seems to have spawned some of the worlds most annoying YouTube gamers ever. Would have been great if they stayed with just that one game, but nooo it wasn't enough, now almost every game play video I want to look up of a game before purchasing it is played by some socially retarded antic raving biped. The mute button doesn't work either because you can see their stupid face in the bottom corner of the video!
Edited by Nevintsha on 3/14/2013 6:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Halo, COD, Battlefield, and the other military shooters. The genre bores me to tears. Niche shooters like Bioshock or Darkness have been fun, but if it's a pure shooter I'll be bored before the end of the first level.

Any Monster-collector RPG, though I'll be honest here -- this isn't because I don't find the gameplay enjoyable, but has more to do with a hatred of all things Pokemon after working at The-Company-now-known-as-Gamestop the first year Pokemon came out. Between parents treating our store like a free babysitter (meaning I got to hear all the kids babble on and on and on about how great it was), the frenzy of parents in the last week before Christmas frantically grabbing anything with the Pokemon logo (there was nearly a riot in my store over cheap plastic toys just because of the logo), and the cesspit the local game shop became after they started hosting Pokemon CCG tournaments, I will never play a Pokemon game or clone.

This last one will probably get my gamer card revoked: Ocarina of Time. Most overrated game ever. I've tried repeatedly to appreciate it, but I just can't.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Going for franchises here.

Call of Duty. Ruined FPS imo. Linear on rail campaigns, and small/boring multiplayer.

Halo. I find it over-hyped. I think it's an okay popular franchise, but it was mainly made for consoles. I can't really stand playing FPS on controllers.

Castlevania. I enjoyed Symphony of the Night, and I heard Super Castlevania 4 was awesome...but every Castlevania game has never appealed to me. But the recent review for Mirror of Fate from IGN has gotten my attention.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
world of warcraft

any halo game that you don't play master chief in (odst, wars reach ect)

crysis is a bit iffy it doesnt do anything great only looks nice
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Zelda and Metroid games.

There I said it. I loved the elder scrolls series and played the hell out of skyrim, but I always felt like I was in a true open world making up my own story as I went along.

Zelda and Metroid games to me felt like pointless wandering for the sake of pointless wandering.
Reply Quote
11 Blood Elf Rogue
the only bioware game i cant stand is dragon age, i just dont like the lore to that setting and i hate starcraft and diablo games but of course i love wow

i also have always hated mascot type games like mario, banjo kazooie and sonic

could never get into those type of games

(o yeah i cant see why people like minecraft, seems like a ripoff of legos)
Edited by Rougebytch on 3/15/2013 11:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Why did I know people would scream COD? The ONLY bad CoD game besides the crappy handheld ports was MW3.

Oh, and it's Halo. Not H.A.L.O. It's called Halo because of the giant rings in space the Forerunners had created to try and stop the Flood parasites from infecting them. By the way, besides Reach and Wars, Halo is NOT a military shooter. The opening of Halo 4 shows the interrogation of Halsey, and the interrogater even speaks about how the Spartans (at least the original Spartan-IIs) are anti-social and are provided with their AI to help them. In CoD, David Mason and Harper and all them are all friends who work together in the missions.

I like how most people claim Halo sucks because it's on a console. Consoles are and always will be the preferred device vast majority of gamers. Not many people make a triple A exclusives for the small market of PC when they can blow that on a console and will guarantee higher sales. Even indie titles are more profitable on iOS stuff.

But I guess Mass Effect, especially 3. Tried so hard to be Gears and Halo, two infinitely better games, but ended up having much worse gunplay than gears and a much more dull universe than Halo.
Edited by Sheydrina on 3/15/2013 7:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
62 Gnome Priest
the only bioware game i cant stand is dragon age, i just dont like the lore to that setting and i hate starcraft and diablo games but of course i love wow

i also have always hated mascot type games like mario, banjo kazooie and sonic

could never get into those type of games

(o yeah i cant see why people like minecraft, seems like a ripoff of legos)

I don't agree with the whole "a game ripped off a another game" in today's market, because there really isn't an original game out there now. The most original idea as of lately is really Watch_Dogs, but that's just one out of the millions of games out now.

Also, I would MUCH rather play Minecraft over any Lego game. Lego is fun, but it gets repetitive. With Minecraft, only your imagination is the limit, and believe me, your imagination runs wild in that game. It's Lego done right.
Reply Quote
10 Tauren Warrior
I don't despise the games themselves but rather what their unheard of success has done to their respective genre as a whole:

COD/Battlefield
WOW

Those games have made their whole genres stagnant rehashes because everybody wants to be just like them instead of being themselves.
Reply Quote
62 Gnome Priest
I don't despise the games themselves but rather what their unheard of success has done to their respective genre as a whole:

COD/Battlefield
WOW

Those games have made their whole genres stagnant rehashes because everybody wants to be just like them instead of being themselves.

Keep in mind that World of Warcraft was not the first MMO to have this formula. Everquest was the first one, World of Warcraft just took that formula and refined it.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
03/15/2013 07:49 PMPosted by Skurpios
I don't agree with the whole "a game ripped off a another game" in today's market, because there really isn't an original game out there now.

Mmm. Honestly, I'd say that's half of how we got so many great games: Developers taking the basic formula of another game/franchise, and refining it into something that ideally emphasizes the strong points and eliminates or at least marginalizes the downsides. (The other half being those devs that did take a chance and innovated to create something totally new).

As you mentioned later, WoW's a prime example of the refined process. It took Everquest, and made it into something that was much more accessible to a broader audience by making so many quality-of-life additions that drove away at least some amount of potential players from the hardcore MMOs, and, well... The results show, considering WoW is still by and far the most popular MMO on the market today.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

COD/Battlefield
WOW

Keep in mind that World of Warcraft was not the first MMO to have this formula. Everquest was the first one, World of Warcraft just took that formula and refined it.

actually...ultima online was out years before evercrack was
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Dragon Age.

I actually got bored of DA:O half way through and quit playing. The plot was boring as hell, the combat was terrible and the characters were uninteresting and annoying.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Call of Duty, Runescape, God of War, Dead or Alive, and Rayman, League of Legends, Resident Evil, Grand Theft Auto, Planetside 2, Kingdom Hearts, Dragon Age, and Fable.

Among those games, the one that I think is the most overrated would be Call of Duty.
Reply Quote
Pokemon, maybe I was just a bit older and more switched on when it came out but I never understood the fascination- seemed like a pure marketing gouge job to me. Average cartoon designed to market and sell a crappy card game, that somehow brainwashed enough kids that they cashed in with an average videogame.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Uh... Actually, it's the other way around: the video games came out first, followed by the show and card game.
Reply Quote
Uh... Actually, it's the other way around: the video games came out first, followed by the show and card game.

Only in the US, the card game was released at the same time in Japan
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
I would have to go with FPS games based around war. Yeah, pretty much all the same ones that have been listed already.

As for Assassin's Creed, I just started playing this series last week and have really enjoyed myself. Reading the posts here makes me nervous about the 2nd one and beyond as I planned to buy those as well. I mainly started playing because I enjoyed the look of the 4th one coming out. I guess I'll have to judge for myself.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]