Popular Games You Despise

22 Undead Warlock
Just one thing bout AC, I haven't played the original, but 2 is pretty good, Brotherhood's pretty good as well, Revelations is OFF DA HOOK with the epicness of it all, and 3 is also thoroughly enjoyable if you just remember that that's how Native Americans really sound when speaking English and Noah Watts doesn't suck at voice acting.

You really start to notice the improvement as the games go on. Each one has new, interesting stuff to do that wasn't there before, the controls feel smoother, they actually tell WHAT KEY IS WHAT on keyboard instead of just showing you random-as-crap symbols that don't really help past 2... and the FIGHTING! OH MY GOD THE FIGHTING.

That's all I have to say without going into much detail. As for popular games that I despise, I'm going to have to go with... oh, I don't know... EVERY SINGLE FPS BESIDES HALO 3 AND RESISTANCE.
Edited by Srdotsalot on 3/16/2013 10:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Only game I could think of would be Gears of War. I'm amazed they made a 2nd one much less a third.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
It's... Hard to explain, but, in retrospect, I've no lost love for FF VII's most recent port.

Not so much in terms of the story or gameplay, but more in terms of how much of a royal pain in the backside it was to get running (especially since I'd never played it before). That, and the fact that they apparently didn't bother to fix the quality of the music tracks from the PC release way back when, so virtually all of it sounds completely different from the OST... in the worst sense.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
I dont know how people can get addicted to FPSs like they do. They do nothing for me. And they have Dominated this Gen sadly ><

WTB MOAR RPGs POR FAVOR
Reply Quote
COD(after 4), Battlefield, Elder Scrolls
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
03/16/2013 11:27 AMPosted by Rufyn
Dragon Age: Origins. The story was really good but the combat sucked so bad.

Got to agree with this. It's a great concept and all to manage a party in combat but it boils down to:

1. Pause the game.
2. Select character.
3. Select the skill you want that character to cast.
4. Select target.
5. Repeat steps 2-4 three more times.
6. Unpause game.
7. Repeat process every 15 seconds or so.

The only way to alleviate that is to invest more points into whatever stat unlocks more "Tactic" slots to make your unattended party members less retarded. It gets kinda old quick.

To be fair, there's a bunch of mods for the game and I haven't checked out any of them. I'm sure there are some that help overhaul the combat some to be more immersive rather than spend your whole time navigating the UI.
Reply Quote
WoW?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
any FIFA or winning eleven
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Personally I don't really despise any games due to the fact if I don't find a game interesting I just don't care about it, seems like a waste of time to despise video games for one reason or another since there are more important things in life to worry about.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
CoD
Metal Gear
Dead Space
Mass Effect
Any LoZ game
Absolutely any DotA style game
Any sports game

That's just off the top of my head.
Reply Quote
86 Dwarf Hunter
Dead Space. I just couldn't stomach over-the-shoulder camera view.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Bioshock

My friends ranted and raved about how great it was. I just couldn't get into it.
Reply Quote
22 Undead Warlock
The story sucks.

Mostly the ending. Just remember that Native Americans DO, in fact, sound like that when they speak English as a second language, and Naoh Watts ISN'T an emotionless little douche.

03/17/2013 06:46 PMPosted by Rufyn
Movement has been changed so that you screw up way more commonly.

Really? I mean, it's a bit weird, but I find that tree parkour, at least, is bliss.

Combat absolutely blows. They made the combat system so god damn awful. Just, UGH!

I have to agree. I can't even combat this one.

No more Hookblade or Hidden Gun.

I can't combat that easier cuz HOLY SH!T WHAT THE F*CK HAVE YOU DONE UBISOFT?!

Assassin's Recruit system has been dynamically changed so that it's horrible.

Eeyah. Okay.

The setting is boring as hell.

I CAN combat that. I suppose that some of the behind-the-scenes plottiing was lame, but I loved the Tea Party and Rever's ride.

They added a whole hunting thing. Look, if I wanted to do that I would play Red Dead Redemption (phenomenal game, btw). I want to go kill people, not hunt deer.

Yes, it is a great game. And don't kill deer then.

Crafting is stupid. It's worse than bomb making.

Oh rly? Crafting STINKS. But Homestead missions are pretty fun.

Lock picking doesn't work 3/4 of the time and is just an overall bad implemention.

You obviously don't play on PC. VERY easy.

The new mission systems are bad as well. Eavesdropping in a circle? Really?

I liked the eavesdropping, but yeah, the whole circle thing was weird. I'll give you that.

Horrible changes to the map and menus.

What'd they do that was so bad? It gives the options to see what animals live where, the ability to show only one specific icon fi you're overwhelmed, a bunch of other stuff... I like it a lot.

03/17/2013 06:46 PMPosted by Rufyn
They changed key character's friggin FACES! You can't just redo their freaking face and expect us to not notice! Oh, and the models are pretty friggin bad too. They are incapable of facing forward and must ALWAYS have a hunch. Irritates me so much.

I'll admit that I don't particularly like that they totally modified the faces... though I like Shawn's a bit more, now. Not so flat and derpish.

But, to each his own, right?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]