Quivers for a hunter class scenario chain?

90 Blood Elf Warlock
I just finished the Warlock green fire quest line and it was a challenging blast! It got me thinking about how Bliz has said they could see using scenarios for other class quest type encounters. This got me thinking about hunters losing their quivers many moons ago. This sort of class quest would be a perfect opportunity to bring them back as a reward.

Much like warlocks and green fire, I cant think of a more iconic item missing from a class and how perfect the opportunity would be. What do you hunters think and would there be some other iconic aesthetic look you wish you could get?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
It would be nice to have quivers again.. But I doubt Blizzard will do anything. =(
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
It'd be nice. My Pandaren has awesome animations but it's kinda held back by the fact she's reaching to her quiver for a bow or side for an ammo pouch and there's nothing there.
Reply Quote
We should get a class quest that gives us an elemental aspect attunement, which would imbue your shots with fire, ice or lightning animation.

That would be a pretty sick aspect.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
i like this thread, awesome ideas
Reply Quote
If I can get one in red with a Horde symbol on it Im in.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
03/14/2013 02:04 PMPosted by Bullettime
It'd be nice. My Pandaren has awesome animations but it's kinda held back by the fact she's reaching to her quiver for a bow or side for an ammo pouch and there's nothing there.

Same here ;(

03/14/2013 02:40 PMPosted by Subrosian
We should get a class quest that gives us an elemental aspect attunement, which would imbue your shots with fire, ice or lightning animation.

Love love this idea, makes me think of the Searing Arrows ability that the Priestess of the Moons used in WC3 xD PLEASE BLIZZ, PLEASE.

Quivers or animated arrows.....? BOTH, kthx :D
Reply Quote
If hunters get an epic quest of any kind, it needs to reward the ability to tame hydras.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Should not have a class quest to give us quivers. But we should be given quivers, because bows look horrid without them (where warlocks look 'okay' with red fire, hunters do not look 'okay' pulling arrows out of nowhere -- it's bloody distracting to me).

I'd even settle for the old quiver models added back in the interim.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
I want a quiver like Bowmistress Li has. Like seriously, it's so badass.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=62112#screenshots:id=337382

Why u no gief quiver, Blizz? WHY?!
Edited by Tatiana on 3/15/2013 11:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
66 Goblin Hunter
If it has to be a class quest then I suggest it being a lvl 10 quest that isn't that hard so everyone can get it (since it should already be in the damn game) and also maybe add an ammo mechanic under the focus bar. Maybe have ammo enchantments like how shamans have enchantments for their weapons. Give extra nature, fire, ect ect damage. Just wishful thinking.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
I want a quiver like Bowmistress Li has. Like seriously, it's so badass.

......They actually made a new quiver model, and then just didn't give it to us?

The hell, Blizzard?
Reply Quote
62 Dwarf Hunter
It would be nice to have quivers again

I had a hunter back then too, and I didn't find it all that nice the first time. The bonus is ok (although presumably they already took that into account rebalancing for Mists, so if we got quivers mid expansion they couldn't do anything that cool without an offsetting nerf) but carrying all those stacks of ammo was even worse than the old pet food requirements.

Now, on the other hand, if you're just talking about something on the character model, fine. (Although the one in the screenshot seems kinda... huge.) But the *mechanics* of old quivers... there's a reason they were changed.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
god most ranged weapons look grisly on the back

quivers pls

^this!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Really, how difficult would it be to have an archer show as having a quiver equipped, or a hunter with a gun showing a pouch on their hip?
Reply Quote
03/15/2013 01:02 PMPosted by Cathalia
It would be nice to have quivers again

I had a hunter back then too, and I didn't find it all that nice the first time. The bonus is ok (although presumably they already took that into account rebalancing for Mists, so if we got quivers mid expansion they couldn't do anything that cool without an offsetting nerf) but carrying all those stacks of ammo was even worse than the old pet food requirements.

Now, on the other hand, if you're just talking about something on the character model, fine. (Although the one in the screenshot seems kinda... huge.) But the *mechanics* of old quivers... there's a reason they were changed.

I'm not entirely sure, but you seem to be missing the point. We, in general, are not asking for ammo back. We are asking, for the most part, for an aesthetically pleasing quiver(s)that does nothing more than give us something pretty to look at that would go well with some of the animations that are already in place.
Edited by Mashonis on 3/16/2013 5:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Ive said it elsewhere and Ill say it here. Unless it occupies the 2ndary weapon slot and is just cosmetic, meaning we no longer need ammo, then fine. But if it replaces a bag slot or requires us to use ammo, then not just no, but hell no.
Reply Quote
66 Goblin Hunter
No one is saying it having taking up a bag slot or using ammo. I would like an ammo mechanic though, something similar to shamans weapon enchants. Enchanted bullets/arrows to make the gun/bow do extra damage like peirceing or nature.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]