Seeking critique on my healing

90 Pandaren Shaman
I don't step up to the healing bat all the time for my guild, but I do it often enough that I'd like to make sure I'm doing the best I can. Only natural, right?

My guild leader occasionally remembers to log our fights. So I'm going to link one night of our Heart of Fear raid from WoL, if someone would be kind enough to analyze it for me. Yes, I'm aware that I happen to be top HPS of the three healers, and that the other shaman probably isn't pulling her weight. That's not what I'm asking though (and we already discussed how she could make her healing more effective, anyway).

So here it is - http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-zjnabncdnoj6libe/

This was a few weeks ago so it's a bit out of date I guess, but my healing style is the same now as it was then.

If it's at all relevant, I believe at one point during the Blade Lord attempts, I swapped to the glyph of Riptide to try and help with healing during phase 2 while playing tornado frogger.

Thank you to anyone who spares the time to help a healer out!
Edited by Kushuma on 3/15/2013 6:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
It break my heart every time I see the 496 valor trinket on someone who doesn't have the DMC-crane.

Your paladin tank should be running seal of insight usually.

These logs are hard to read. By that I mean... you are 3 healing 10% nerfed content that was balanced around 480 ilvl in 490 ilvl gear. Blade Lord is also a terrible fight to read into because you can literally stand there and do nothing for like 30 seconds if someone bops/bubbles/ice blocks off wind dot.

You seem to use HST near on CD which is good, not doing so is usually the mistake people make. Healing Rain output seems significant even though it can't be that powerful overall on those 2 fights. That's good too.

I don't see anything big, looks fine. You might want to swap to Primal Elementalist... the extra damage from fire ele (if you let it dps) is fairly significant now (+80%!). And 10% healing/20% damage reduction for 60 seconds is pretty much always win when you are being challenged.

For blade lord specifically... during final phase... when everyone gets dropped, wait til people get to 80% before leaving. Blow HTT at mid room... when the boss gets close to 11-13% blow Asc to get everyone topped off before they run the other way (how much people slipstream to run over just before 10% is up to your raid, more is better as long as it is timed right). Then use SWG to heal while running on the way back.
Edited by Pitkanen on 3/15/2013 7:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Another tip for blade lord during the tornado phase is using CotE for a double HST if you're glyphed
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Well, this particular log is the most recent we have (barring one incredibly short attempt on Jin'rokh) because our guild leader often forgets to enable the logging tool. You may despair for us 3 healing this stuff but our guild isn't super serious or anything, and besides we've not been running into DPS issues. Mostly it's derping on mechanics holding us back. Even though I'm primarily a DPS for my guild, I just wanna make sure I'm doing it right, you know? I'm sorry if it's hard to read for someone who's clearly raiding the good stuff, but there's not a whole lot I can do about that.

Anyway. You really think primal elementals are worth it? I can obviously see the value in the raw DPS - since unleashed fury is situationally helpful to me at best. The 10% healing/20% damage reduction portions also seem situationally helpful at best though, with their 5 minute cooldowns. And when you refer to healing rain, what do you mean by that? Good, as in, because it's not chain heal spam? I just put it down as my go-to AoE heal because I feel chain healing is inefficient in most situations.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
eh... primals have been bugging in ToT(someone mentioned the tether connection is bugged sometimes), UF is all right, mostly for buffing HR though. The main reason ppl use primals is for the defensive cool down and as a dps cool down for hero.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]