Why does ferocious bite suck?

90 Night Elf Druid
Its pretty embarrasing to rack up 5 combo points with savage roar and rip up and just tickle the target with ferocious bite
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Depends really. FB can hit really hard if you use it correctly. Are you spending the full extra 25 energy?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
FB should refresh savage roar so we can be ezmode like rogues.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Make sure you FB at 50+ energy, otherwise it does indeed suck. I kind of miss my 4-500k FB's as moonkin during HotW prenerf....I hope HotW getts rebuffed as a dps CD at some point.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
FB is always going to suck even with 50 energy. Considering it's a 5cp attack it should hit harder. Oh well it doesn't. The only consolation is that if the target is under 25% HP it refreshes Rip. It's a crap-tastic attack, but slightly better than just reapplying Rip.

03/15/2013 04:02 PMPosted by Ishrn
I kind of miss my 4-500k FB's as moonkin during HotW prenerf.

The nerf was deserved. It's ridiculous that FB from a feral didn't even do half the damage as a Balance druid under HotW.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
If it were just FB that was weak. I'm not seeing it with druids. PvP damage seems really sub par compared to many other classes.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Ferocious Bite's main purpose is to keep that rip up, especially a TFed, potted rip.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
The nerf was deserved. It's ridiculous that FB from a feral didn't even do half the damage as a Balance druid under HotW.

Hence a Feral's top damage on Heroic Feng was Hurricane (from HOTW), post nerf.

Ye'up.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I once got a 250k+ FB crit in pvp.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
03/15/2013 06:02 PMPosted by Mitimem
The only consolation is that if the target is under 25% HP it refreshes Rip.

I really wish it were 60% again...
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
HotW kitty for a DPS CD was fine for moonkin, it was NOT fine for resto and feral...that is what caused the nerf. Realistically speaking it needs to have 50% more for balance and feral then its current version, about half way between what it was and what it was nerfed to.

I believe that currently HotW is unaffected by weapon swapping, so it would be fine to get buffed back a bit.
Edited by Ishrn on 3/16/2013 11:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
it was NOT fine for resto and feral

Hey those 1.2 million Wrath crits on Elegon in crap gear were totally balanced ok? :p
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Actual dummy testing, HotW appears to scale negatively with weapon swap as balance at the moment, and significantly so. It is still a dps loss to mooncat, and a +50% int to agi scaling buff would likely make the talant useful as a dps CD again; it would bring DPS in cat under heart to around 15% above normal moonkin rotation, not a strong CD like it was (at around +30% dps), but still decent.
Reply Quote
3 Tauren Druid
Its pretty embarrasing to rack up 5 combo points with savage roar and rip up and just tickle the target with ferocious bite

RiPs suck to..just saying.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
03/16/2013 11:04 AMPosted by Taswind
The only consolation is that if the target is under 25% HP it refreshes Rip.

I really wish it were 60% again...

i too miss the DS set bonus that made it 60%
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I find it to be bugged half the time, that when I try and drop a FB around 50-55 energy, it doesn't activate the bonus 25-energy damage, and that I usually have to get it around 60+ energy b4 it will consistently take effect

But yeah, the damage from it is underwhelming compared to how hard we were hitting in cata
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Its damage does suck, shred can come close to matching its damage at times, but really the value of it is free damage during execute and allowing for a buffed rip to stay up for the rest of the fight.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Ferocious Bite is all over the place. On my 498ilvl druid I can use Tiger's Fury (near full energy) then 5 combo point Ferocious Bite and get 40k hit or 250k crit. It's a toss up really... Could be very small (wet noodle) or very big (super cat). Very frustrating. Or what's worse is when you pool 50+ energy in hopes of a big hit, use a 5 combo Ferocious Bite, and do 60k. For 60k I would rather refresh Savage Roar, or re-apply a rip.
Edited by Waynebrady on 3/17/2013 10:49 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
Yeah. It's kind of weird doing a 5CP, 60 energy , TF'd FB and having it hit for 60K. And then another time having one crit for 249K (had both of these on the same fight today).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]