Throne of Thunder - Moonkin POV Channel

90 Troll Druid
Hey everyone! I'm looking for feedback on videos for Throne of Thunder. Whether it be music choices (genre, artist, etc), captioning/commentating gameplay, or even just simple commenting on the playstyle ~ I'm trying to get a general idea of what viewers want to watch and listen to.

Youtube Channel: CYOUSxILLIDAN
http://www.youtube.com/user/CYOUSxILLIDAN

As I will be taking over the Moonkin PVE sticky (Moonfare Spam), I planned on making in depth video guides for new/current PVE tiers. Throne of Thunder is my testing ground for this, so any feedback is appreciated.

Quick Notes:
~ *** The AddOn that shows the boss's health bar(s) is ShadowedUnitFrames : Boss Module : Auras Enabled : Debuffs enabled : Self-only ***

~ I won't bother with commentating unless something is too complex for a caption.
~ I prefer Drum and Bass while electronic melodies to provide as sense of mood to a video, not dubstep. Dubstep is terrible music for PvE videos.
~ I will point out major mistakes within my own gameplay. Even if something stupid happens, I'll probably kick myself for it and caption it so everyone sees it.
~ I use Windows Movie Maker and can edit music very well (I can do the basics with WMM: looping, cuts, extensions; and I make it sound good.) (Listen to some original audio then compare it to my videos)
~ I give credit where credit is due, no music is mine; I simply edit the audio for time and/or to remove unneeded segments.

I'm looking forward to offering guides to those who need all the help they can get, or even those who want to see if they "have the right idea" of what to do. I started out by watching and reading guides from the WoW forums and fansites (the spec-specific fansites). I know the value of a second opinion and being able to go into an encounter with a sense of expectations.

What I will do for you:
~ I enjoy helping others, I do answer questions.
~ Requests of video content. I can make videos for those who want to see something other than the normal line-up. (Includes: Macro+UI guides; Excludes: Raw Video Audio [ventrilio, etc.] ~ this is out of respect for others)

Please comment and subscribe to my channel. When I get the gear for it, I will be adding PvP into the mix. I'm sure everyone enjoys PvE or PvP, may as well make a meta-channel for it.

. * (\,,,,/) * .
('''\(OvO)/''')
' ' '( VVV)' ' '
. . / || || \ . .
Edited by Cyous on 4/26/2013 8:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I look forward to the videos, they will be a nice touch to help the new Boomkins. Even now, I know there is plenty I could possibly learn from them aswell.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Whenever I watch PvE videos now:

http://imgur.com/cyXf7BT

..I like your UI tho at least! ...even if the health bars are way too big for my taste. :P
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I look forward to the videos, they will be a nice touch to help the new Boomkins. Even now, I know there is plenty I could possibly learn from them aswell.

I've already uploaded many of the bosses. For reason known, I do not have a couple videos. (Record button wasn't pressed. HURRAY) I'll have all the heroic progression kills, though.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Are you ever going to consider streaming?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I've already uploaded many of the bosses. For reason known, I do not have a couple videos. (Record button wasn't pressed. HURRAY) I'll have all the heroic progression kills, though.

o.o Did you not record Heroic Horridon? I was looking forward to seeing how you handled NG and the add. I seem to have a huge problem with my Dps on that fight :(.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I enjoy your choice of music Cy :3

also interested in your UI, been trying to find a decent looking UI for a while, have yet to find one that suits me D=
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Did you not record Heroic Horridon? I was looking forward to seeing how you handled NG and the add. I seem to have a huge problem with my Dps on that fight :(.

I'll upload load it now.

Time of Post: Processing
http://youtu.be/j35Zy1f0S7g

I enjoy your choice of music Cy :3

also interested in your UI, been trying to find a decent looking UI for a while, have yet to find one that suits me D=

Glad you enjoy the music, I've used a lot of various artists so far ~ editing the good stuff into a suitable loop.

My UI is built around showing me everything I want to know. Sorta cluttered, but no everyone has an amazing UI. :)

Are you ever going to consider streaming?

Definitely. I simply need a better computer which won't die when I ask it to do things it wasn't designed to do. Low on funds atm, it won't be anytime soon. :(
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Never been a fan of progression videos + music. I'd rather see progression videos + vent/mumble overlayed.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid

My UI is built around showing me everything I want to know. Sorta cluttered, but no everyone has an amazing UI. :)

what i meant was i'm interested in trying it, are you able to upload your wtf settings and add-ons folder somewhere for download? ;P
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Hey, I like your unit frames. Would you mind sharing the addon's name?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Never been a fan of progression videos + music. I'd rather see progression videos + vent/mumble overlayed.

since i run pandora in the background, those songs will be captured and youtube will recognize them. then i cant upload many of the videos.

Hey, I like your unit frames. Would you mind sharing the addon's name?

Shadowed Unit Frames

what i meant was i'm interested in trying it, are you able to upload your wtf settings and add-ons folder somewhere for download? ;P

I'll need to make some changes to my WTF folder first, but sure. It won't be uploaded soon, unfortunately. :(
Edited by Cyous on 3/16/2013 11:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid

I'll need to make some changes to my WTF folder first, but sure. It won't be uploaded soon, unfortunately. :(

no rush :)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Maybe I will stop being lazy and start frapping our heroic stuff 10man version. Do you use fraps or what are you using?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Maybe I will stop being lazy and start frapping our heroic stuff 10man version. Do you use fraps or what are you using?

I use Fraps

Also, i got a few videos tonight, so ill upload those as soon as i can.
Edited by Cyous on 3/19/2013 12:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Just for the hell of it.

Troves of the Thunder King - 10 Chest guide.
(time of post: Processing)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZknX_yONFsQ
Edited by Cyous on 3/20/2013 2:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
25N Council
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHVGq0eq56U

25N Tortos uploading tomorrow.

Feel free to comment, subscribe, and that sort of stuff.
Edited by Cyous on 3/21/2013 3:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
25N Tortos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--dAph5CJng

I think I have a couple others (i couldnt record Heroic Council though, it was costing me too much damage and a very, very hard boss)

Feel free to comment, subscribe, and that sort of stuff.
Edited by Cyous on 3/22/2013 12:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
Do you even moonfire?
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid
I approve of your taste in music.

You may proceed.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]