Story Forum Community Lounge 59

Patch 5.3 will tell the story that leads up to the Siege of Orgrimmar. Varian will bring the Alliance together and push the Horde apart.

New character models are still actively being worked on.

Pandaren are a good example of how detailed the new models will be. They have facial animations with moving eyes and mouths, fingers that are all individual and not just a mitten, as well as new animations.

"MMORPG: As long as my Dwarf looks prettier. That’s a good thing. Greg: It is coming, and the new dwarf is very pretty."
90 Human Death Knight
I already find Dwarven women to be quite pretty, can't wait to see them top that hotness. :P

EDIT: Also Blizzard PLEASE give me wrists and make me look less like Arnold Schwarzenegger!
Edited by Grimtale on 3/18/2013 12:50 AM PDT
90 Undead Death Knight
Req
I already find Dwarven women to be quite pretty, can't wait to see them top that hotness. :P

EDIT: Also Blizzard PLEASE give me wrists and make me look less like Arnold Schwarzenegger!
Dude you have glowing blue eyes, you don't look anything like him.
90 Human Death Knight

Well yeah I tried my best not look reminiscent of him, but it's fairly easy to make a male Human that looks like a total knock-off of cliche action movie stars.
90 Night Elf Druid
03/18/2013 01:21 AMPosted by Grimtale

Well yeah I tried my best not look reminiscent of him, but it's fairly easy to make a male Human that looks like a total knock-off of cliche action movie stars.

To be fair, that's because humans ARE knock-offs of cliche action movie heroes.. It's pretty much their one big theme.

Arthas? Cliche knock off of Vader.
The rambo knock off.
CSI knock off.
Varian as conan.
Harrison Jones as Indiana Jones.

I mean, it's totally your guys racial theme.
90 Human Death Knight
I mean, it's totally your guys racial theme.

If you say so.

Personally though I would just like better faces, hairstyles, and a more believable muscular structure. (I sort of based this character's design off of Brandon Lee.)
90 Night Elf Priest
Moooorning. So, both kids are home sick today.

Let the good times roll!

I shall be having tea parties, and being forced to watch Tinkerbell again I'm sure, and play dress up, and break up fights because "her feet are too close to me" on the couch... etc etc etc.

On top of that, the little one was so restless last night, didn't sleep at all, which means I didn't sleep. And now I'm sick too (scratchy throat, coughing).

Ok, done venting.

See ya whenever!
Edited by Mahalia on 3/18/2013 6:18 AM PDT
85 Troll Warrior
Yet another reason to never go to the Amazon.

the pacu

albeit being a relative of the piranha

is actually harmless to humans

very few fish from that family are actually dangerous to humans

I've never been to Illinois.

i've been to half the U.S. just about >.>
85 Troll Warrior
but oddly...

despite being a spit away

never been to canada
Hopefully the model update gets rid of some of the exaggerations. Human males really shouldn't look like they can bench press Toyotas if they wanted to. Same with night elf males.

Condolences, Mahalia. Good luck with the kids today!
90 Human Death Knight
Hopefully the model update gets rid of some of the exaggerations. Human males really shouldn't look like they can bench press Toyotas if they wanted to. Same with night elf males.

Agreed, though I would like for our characters to still at least look as if they can take on monsters with relative ease.

That said, I can't wait to see how they handle the expressions of the races since they'll be as animated as Pandaren. (Who have a wide variety of incredibly animated expressions.)
58 Undead Death Knight
I'd love it if they kept the human ug-face just to mess with people.

Made me laugh out loud. I know many people who hate the human male face.

Oh, the rage that would ensue.
90 Human Death Knight

Wonder if you'd feel the same way about male Night Elf ug-faces.

But you know what, screw that. I'd like more options between faces rather than just always picking the only good one for my characters.

I also want to give male Blood Elves a run for their money on the fangirl "squee-o-meter" without looking too bishonen. Stand aside, because it's my turn on the PlayGirl cover magazine.
Edited by Grimtale on 3/18/2013 7:55 AM PDT
58 Undead Death Knight
My Night Elf has the perma-snarl face with the yellowish teeth and everything.

There is nothing you can threaten me with.
90 Human Death Knight
My Night Elf has the perma-snarl face with the yellowish teeth and everything.

Imagine if that had more expression to it though, rather than just being a static Ninja Turtle perma-snarl.

That would be cool, I'd make more Night Elf males if that was the case. Probably even another Death Knight. (Like I used to have.)
90 Human Death Knight
So I keep hearing the whole elf/dwarf/human storyline in this game sucks and other works of fiction do it better.

Can anyone link me examples? Because I wouldn't mind indulging in some good fantasy. I'm guessing maybe the Forgotten Realms novels might have what I'm looking for but I'm not sure.
So I keep hearing the whole elf/dwarf/human storyline in this game sucks and other works of fiction do it better.

Can anyone link me examples? Because I wouldn't mind indulging in some good fantasy. I'm guessing maybe the Forgotten Realms novels might have what I'm looking for but I'm not sure.

Forgotten Realms books do have some good dwarf storylines, from what I hear. The lore dwarves get in D&D in general, especially 2nd edition, is also very informative and opens up a lot for roleplaying.

The blood elves are at least getting some attention, though no one will ever be satisfied with night elves, it seems.

Humans are okay, though I wish Gilnean humans and other humans other than the Stormwind/Elwynn ones got some attention.
90 Human Death Knight
Humans are okay, though I wish Gilnean humans and other humans other than the Stormwind/Elwynn ones got some attention.

I thoroughly agree. I really wish to know more about Arathor's history and have more things that tie humans with the Titans. (As well as most of the other Alliance races.)

Right now reading the Titan Lore, it seems like the one character that got the most involvement with them was Thrall... which is just really backwards since Varian got more involvement with Lo'Gosh. (Who is meant to be more emblematic with Orcs.)
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]