Unusual Raiding Rituals

90 Blood Elf Rogue
We all have habits. Things we do that are necessary, or just for entertainment (For ourselves and Others) During Raid nights. What rituals do you perform Before, During, and After raiding.

Please keep this thread clean. Some habits are best left unheard.

I for one during DS, would Play the song "Magic Carpet Ride" by Steppenwolf during H Spine Consistently, for every encounter. (Even over vent)

What did/do you do?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Back in vanilla, when my old guild was raiding MC, we'd play "Final Countdown" before a pull.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Back in vanilla, when my old guild was raiding MC, we'd play "Final Countdown" before a pull.

lol
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The priests in my old guild would always have to get to Black Temple before everyone else and hold "prayer sessions" asking the loot gods to drop priest loot.

It never worked.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I always clean my desk up (not that it was dirty before).

It helps me think.
Reply Quote
we banned drinking after one of our tanks thought elegon was in HoF and was pulling random !@# trash screaming we missed a boss
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I used to gamble during raids in Wrath. "1000g /roll". Two or three times every night.

I'd still do it if my guild gave me a raid spot. Though it would be more because of inflation and such.

also, wrong char.
Edited by Sincere on 3/18/2013 12:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
Various "rituals"...

I almost always drink when raiding. Nowadays I try to make it Burdisson's Dwarven Ale, or something similarly "properly themed." I don't get the buzz from it others do, though, so it doesn't affect my performance.

My guild likes to view Speedy the turtle as our "unofficial mascot." We've been known to all summon our Speedy pets when we're having trouble with a boss.

A couple of us like to flip our coins before each pull, and joke that it means something if it's heads or tails.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I listen to the Cascade track off the flash by the same name in the webcomic Homestuck every time i raid. Gets my blood pumpin'.
I also ALWAYS have transformation items available for any sort of situation that needs a bit more amusement or if anyone needs a bit of encouragement after a disappointing wipe.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
When we dont have a bloodlust, im always the one doing the creepy orc roar over ventrilo at the pull / at bloodlust point.
Reply Quote
98 Undead Priest
put on music got some a rockstar and a monster. and id tab out to some "good stuff" if you know what i mean
Reply Quote
This sounds like an amazing raid to me... and you BANNED it!? /sigh

I was amused not many others were though :c

I used to gamble during raids in Wrath. "1000g /roll". Two or three times every night.

I'd still do it if my guild gave me a raid spot. Though it would be more because of inflation and such.

also, wrong char.

we still gamble
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
we banned drinking after one of our tanks thought elegon was in HoF and was pulling random !@# trash screaming we missed a boss

this story right here is what makes me miss raiding so much lol.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
While I've never gotten to do actual raids before, I know my husband's raid guild [can't remember which one, he went back and forth a lot] would make you sing a song of the raid leader's choosing on vent if you were the first person to die, or did something stupid.
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Shaman
Back in BC, before the first pull of the night we would all use our Tiny Voodoo Mask trinkets from ZA, summoning up 75 voodoo gnomes then someone would use their Piccolo of the Flaming Fire (which actually worked on the gnomes lol). Nothing brings good luck like scores of voodoo gnomes doing a rain dance for the raid!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
We had a bear tank who used to sit in the feasts every time.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
these are so great lol

lately in our guild we wont pull without "the puntable marmot buff".

Puntable marmot leads to two shot... just sayin
Edited by Romrin on 3/19/2013 8:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Take a shot of alcohol after every raid wipe.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]