Unusual Raiding Rituals

90 Worgen Warlock
Way back in Vanilla and the Burning Crusade, I would do readings from the Fire-Runed Grimoire, often between pulls of a boss we might be having trouble with.

A reading from the Fire-Runed Grimoire: And on this day, did the heroes of...

I'd usually try to throw something humorous into a macro and click it while buffing.

I know someone from another guild used the Sash of Whispered Secrets in a similar manner.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
When I was a tank, it was tradition that I'd probably cause a wipe on the first pull because I hadn't had sufficient drinking time. My "sweet spot" was always around a six pack in me -- by the time it got closer to nine drinks, my coordination would be nearly shot.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I face pull a boss to welcome new guildies.

This is how I was welcomed on my first raid. In Firelands, Alysrazor after a wipe. Huter wlks up and says "Oh look a feather." Then proceeds to pick it up.

Needless to say our guild motto is "We make our own hardmodes."
Edited by Orphaeus on 3/19/2013 9:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm always afk before and after.

I'll join mumble like 30minutes before, and I'll come back and see a bunch of, "Where's Kitt?" "Afk probably, as usual." Or they say the same exact thing in mumble. Don't know why, but it's just a habit of mine.

As for during raid, don't know. We just joke around the whole time until we pull. I guess that could be considered something.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I used to drink a lot of rum & cola during raid, until the night I was in Rags hit box in Firelands. The raid got a good laugh at the flying fire cat as I feral charged Rag. I landed in the lava behind him and was promptly 1 shot by an annoyed Rag.

After that I stopped drinking during raids. Now I'll have 1 before raid and 1 after but only water during.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
I try my absolute hardest to kill the raid lead, whether it is Life Gripping him off a cliff, into fire, ect.
Reply Quote
88 Orc Shaman
On my warrior when I used to raid me and 4 IRL friends where all on the same 10 man team. Whenever we were raiding we would have both skype and vent open so we could be extremely off topic during fights and stuff without distracting everyone. However this lead to us doing everything we possibly could to make him laugh/rage when he was explaining a fight over vent and we had him in skype with us.
Reply Quote
97 Undead Warlock
these are so great lol

lately in our guild we wont pull without "the puntable marmot buff".

Puntable marmot leads to two shot... just sayin

We do this except with landsharks from Bling-a-tron.

10 sharks on pull is l33t dps
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
We have one guy in our raid that if he died and only he died during the pull during a progression boss we would far more often then not down the boss...so alot of us renamed the plump turkey after this guys toon and put a cooking fire down and let him "sense his destiny" LOL
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior
I have a lashtail hatchling named 'Rapta' that I saved from the clutches of Bloodlord Mandokir. She is my lucky charm for raiding. Another guildie will only raid if his white tickbird is out.
Reply Quote
96 Blood Elf Mage
Before the first boss pull of the night my guild will do a 'Roll For Blame', and everyone does a /roll. The person with the lowest roll gets all blame for any problems we have the entire night and we make a point to give that person a hard time (all in jest of course) whenever something goes wrong.

Helps make it a little less stressful when we're having a rough night or learning a new boss, and the reasons for blame that people come up with can be pretty funny, especially when the 'blamee' ends up being the one who salvaged a fight or survived a wipe to mass rez everyone: "Stop wiping the raid so you can look badass, Sarc!" Also works as a test of a prospective guild member raiding with us for the first time.. if they don't have a sense of humor, they're probably not going to be happy with our guild.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I face pull a boss to welcome new guildies.

This is how I was welcomed on my first raid. In Firelands, Alysrazor after a wipe. Huter wlks up and says "Oh look a feather." Then proceeds to pick it up.

Needless to say our guild motto is "We make our own hardmodes."

This is epic
Reply Quote
66 Blood Elf Death Knight
When I raided (that toons retired now), I would always have to:
a) Take my dog for a walk before hand.
b) Make sure I had season 1 of "Leverage" in the DVD player so it would be available to play in the background.
c) Do a complete maintenance run on my computer (defrag, optimize, ipconfig / etc) because if I didn't I "knew" I would crash.
d) Make sure to put on my "lucky" green T-shirt. (the one with the stain that kinda looked like the horde symbol - kinda)

If I skipped even a single one of these, I just knew we would wipe constantly, and "bad things" would happen.
Reply Quote
If I am wearing pants at the start of a raid I will not get loot. (not really a ritual but a pattern I have noticed.)
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Priest
1) Turn on my raiding playlist.
2) Grab my party G.R.E.N.A.D.Es from the bank.
2) Yell at our tank to make sure he poops before the raid.
3) Our RL is a druid with the tree form glyph, and we always make sure he's on fire while explaining fights.
Reply Quote
I have a friend who has raided since forever. He says that his guild in Vanilla, when they were first raiding MC, had a gnome who would get naked and jump in the lava before every raid as a sacrifice to the loot gods.

I always thought those must have been incredibly amusing raids.
Reply Quote
I have a friend who has raided since forever. He says that his guild in Vanilla, when they were first raiding MC, had a gnome who would get naked and jump in the lava before every raid as a sacrifice to the loot gods.

I would do somthinng similar but not for loot. IF the raid started to drag and folks were miling around a little too much for my tastes I would randomly MD the tank/healer with what ever mobs were available (read as I would pull bosses too if nothing else was available.)

My raid group learned very quickly I have very little tolerance for loot disputes.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
If I am wearing pants at the start of a raid I will not get loot. (not really a ritual but a pattern I have noticed.)

Scary
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]