Blizzard, your daily model hurts healers.

90 Human Priest
The island's "do at least one daily every day or screw over your entire faction" is not fun. Jaina is one of my favorite in game characters but being obligated to do at least one daily every day... not fun. Dailies in general are not fun but adding the "do it or you screw yourself" factor is really obnoxious.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
The island's "do at least one daily every day or screw over your entire faction" is not fun. Jaina is one of my favorite in game characters but being obligated to do at least one daily every day... not fun. Dailies in general are not fun but adding the "do it or you screw yourself" factor is really obnoxious.

Not sure how it is on your server, but this past week, every single day there's been the Wild Pterrorwhatever daily. Easiest daily ever. Click the mob.
Reply Quote
6 Night Elf Mage
My holy paladin quests in tank spec.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Dual specs are nice, unless you're like me and enjoy both PvE and PvP and tend to have one PvE heal spec and one PvP heal spec.

You can use the exact same "spec" for both PvE and PvP simply by changing out a couple of talents and glyphs...

Oh and if you want to achieve highly in a video game, sometimes you're gonna have to do things you don't "want" to do. Sorry.
Edited by Dezie on 3/21/2013 12:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You can use the exact same "spec" for both PvE and PvP simply by changing out a couple of talents and glyphs...

Some people are behind the power curve. Blizzard made swapping so easy, but so many still don't take advantage of it.

I'm guessing most of these players weren't around when glyphs weren't permanently learned, required being at the Lexicon to swap and to change talents you had to talk to a trainer. Now all it takes is a cheap reagent sold by vendors found everywhere.

I say these people need to suck it up and take advantage of the changes or I'll turn this bus around. Raid buffs will require a reagent again, everyone will have to port back to the city to respec between fights, you'll need the glyph in your bag to activate it on your spellbook (my scribe would love this), hunters will have to feed their pets to keep them happy and there will be no flying in Kalimdor or Eastern Kingdoms.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
If Blizzard changed pallies to be more like the plate version of druids (As in melee dps, tank, heals, and caster dps), pallies would be so much more fun. The shockadin idea was always really fun, and it technically was spec'd into when we had the old talent system of Wrath. But since I can no longer have fun playing a shockadin in PvP, I have resorted to my priest :(.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
uh. wat.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Little things like this (offspec using different gearsets for monks/pallies) are what make the classes distinct. I have a 90 paladin and, while it's something of a pain in the rump in terms of bagspace, that's how it always has been. Paladins aren't priests or boomkins, do you really want all classes to be the same? Besides, implementing a new spec/method for holy paladins to dps without regearing would have significant effects on PVE and PVP.

This is not going to change, and you really shouldn't advocate it unless you want total class homogeneity.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
For the people saying you dont need raid gear to do dailies as ret... well:

as a raid geared holy paladin, i have to do may dailies in ret (using blue gear), and trust me, doing a a lot of dailies, everyday, gets old fast and its even worse considering you could do it 2-3 times faster if my ret build could use my healing gear.

Doing it once in while is ok, but dailies become part of your routine, therefore its very annoying being forced into respecing and gearing to make your time usefull.

why blizzard just dont let ret paladins benefict from both intellect and str, and convert spirit to hit? Or if there is balancing issues with stats, just give ret paladin a castable buff that switch int to str and spirit to hit, that cant be used in raids, arenas and rbgs.
Edited by Kåi on 3/21/2013 10:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
03/20/2013 11:04 PMPosted by Tiriel

Not sure how it is on your server, but this past week, every single day there's been the Wild Pterrorwhatever daily. Easiest daily ever. Click the mob.

I've been squishing cockroaches or talking to constructs daily. Unfortunately, I thought "maybe I should bring my alt out to try and get some gear" before I found out that you have to do so every day or you screw your faction on participation.

The whole thing about the dailies being much more "stick" than "carrot" irks me a lot. That and the part where healer damage has been made almost non-existent for pvp purposes yet I still have to do the stupid dailies.... every single day....
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
I have not played a holy pally so I can't speak for them but monks can do some serious damage as mistweaver. I do know when I leveled my monk as mistweaver in dread wastes in patch 5.1 it really sucked. All my attacks hit like a limp noodle and it took over half my mana bar to kill one non elite mob. Blizzard saw this problem and fixed it in 5.2.

Sure jab costs 24k mana per cast but since I got 354k mana pool my tiger palm and black out kick restores 14k mana per use while mana tea is 28k for 2 stacks. Since you will be gearing with spirit anyways you can passively regen that mana back. When I queue for heroics and I actually get a half decent tank <not one that cheated their ilev to get in a heroic and expects to mass pull> I can dps the whole run with 50-60k dps overall and stay full mana at the end of each fight. I do have enough spirit to grant me over 15% expertise.

I am guessing holy paladins got the short end of the stick with doing dailys and the largest part I have read so far is they lack aoe after they glyph for more damage. Perhaps blizz can give holy spec consecration and have it scale from spell power?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Holy Paladins did not get the short end of the stick. Every class has advantages and disadvantages. You can't look at one thing and say it's unfair because because other classes have it and one doesn't. Class balance goes well beyond healing and damage output. It also includes perks and utility. No other class capable of healing has the high armor rating of Paladins. Their utility toolkit is also amazing.

AoE is also not important for healers, nor is H Pally alone with poor AoE. The best AoE Disc have available, Tier 3 talents, has a moderate cooldown. Mind Sear and Holy Nova are very unimpressive. Resto Druids have Hurricane, but it will run them out of mana quickly.

It's also not remotely difficult to obtain a Ret or Prot set viable for Daily quests. There's offspec quest rewards, adventuring vendors, crafted, BoE drops, JP vendors and in 5.2, reduced prices on previous tier VP items. It doesn't take a raid set to do Dailys.

If you choose not to maintain a dps set and spec, then you have only yourself to blame that Dailys are annoying. For a long time world content has been designed around dps specs playing solo.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
For the people saying you dont need raid gear to do dailies as ret... well:

as a raid geared holy paladin, i have to do may dailies in ret (using blue gear), and trust me, doing a a lot of dailies, everyday, gets old fast and its even worse considering you could do it 2-3 times faster if my ret build could use my healing gear.

Doing it once in while is ok, but dailies become part of your routine, therefore its very annoying being forced into respecing and gearing to make your time usefull.

why blizzard just dont let ret paladins benefict from both intellect and str, and convert spirit to hit? Or if there is balancing issues with stats, just give ret paladin a castable buff that switch int to str and spirit to hit, that cant be used in raids, arenas and rbgs.

Breaking news...a players off spec would perform better if they had the same level gear as their main. More at 11.....

We're not talking about Raiding or even Heroics here. It's dailies. Dailies are better done in a Tank spec I've found. Since most are kill 10 of something it's way better to just gather up a bunch and kill them as an under geared Prot Pally then an under geared Ret. At least for me. You can't help but get some Tank/DPS gear along the way so it's not bad at all.

I actually find it easier to do dailies on my Pally or Monk in their Tank spec in a mish mash of gear than on my Shammy in Ele spec.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
If you choose not to maintain a dps set and spec, then you have only yourself to blame that Dailys are annoying. For a long time world content has been designed around dps specs playing solo.

If you want to point to the biggest failure in WoW, the easiest place to look is how they've turned dual spec into something from optional and unnecessary for most into a crutch for poor raid design and an excuse for everything else.

The idea that the better choice when doing dailies is to switch to an offspec that is typically substantially less geared than your main spec and only in an effort to lower the time investment into a tedious task such as dailies is again, a crutch, an excuse, an oversight to a problem.

Now, if it was just this, it wouldn't be as hot of a topic. We've had people complaining about healers sucking to level for years and various other healer complaints in questing. The problem is the amount of investment that is currently being required for dailies. Make no mistake, dailies are required for any raider as long as they are linked to extra boss rolls through mogu runes. Spending upwards of 3-4 hours a week in an offspec just so you can get 3 extra boss rolls is a huge investment especially if you don't like playing that offspec.

Secondly, the issue becomes that you just don't see any progression with your character. Typically you aren't getting upgrades for your offspec since LFR doesn't drop offspec items unless you queue as that offspec. Gear drops from normal 10 mans on up follow a similar pattern with the extra rolls only granting main spec gear, leaving only dropped items being used for upgrades. These dropped items will go to mainspecs first slowing down your item progression even further. Spending valor on offspec items is a touchy subject just because of the low valor cap and high valor investment into gear for your main spec.

So, not only is gearing up an offspec slower and tedious, relying on an undergeared offspec for a significant amount of time due to it's usage in dailies is frustrating at best.

Honestly, blizzard could fix this problem by either making it easier to gear up an offspec or by making your main spec benefit in both role effectiveness as well as DPS with gear upgrades.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
At this point, they are pure torture for me. I can't even make myself do them as a mage.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
03/21/2013 12:36 PMPosted by Superhero
blizzard could fix this problem by either making it easier to gear up an offspec

It's already easy.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
It's already easy.

Play a paladin and say that. As far as I can tell, it's physically impossible to gear Ret past 476 without compromising your Holy spec. And even 476 would require an inordinate amount of time in 5mans or BGs.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Yea, I think paladins are really the only healer that have a problem here. Maybe mistweavers, I'm honestly not sure how much damage a mistweaver can do in int gear.

If they are afraid of giving holy more damage potential, I wonder if it would be possible to make holy gear work for ret (but be decidedly worse than actual ret gear). Like, off the top of my head, 70% of int from gear converts to strength, and spirit converts to hit at like a 50% ratio or something (to discourage people reforging their actual ret gear to have spirit when they want more hit) You'd still need to get a weapon, but filling one slot is a lot easier than filling all of them. Would have to make ret abilities not benefit from normal sources of spell power (they may already do this, like enhance does).

Of course, I'm sure someone would find a reason to exploit it and actually WANT int gear as ret. But its a thought.
Edited by Asthas on 3/21/2013 2:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
03/21/2013 02:04 PMPosted by Kaels
It's already easy.

Play a paladin and say that. As far as I can tell, it's physically impossible to gear Ret past 476 without compromising your Holy spec. And even 476 would require an inordinate amount of time in 5mans or BGs.

Why would you need 476 for dailies?

On top of that I just go Tank for my healing off specs...it's way better for doing solo stuff. More self healing and less damage taken plus much easier to gather up boatloads of mobs. As long as you never kill one at a time it's just better.

Dailies as a Tank are faceroll easy and fast even without being loaded with epics.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]