Inquisition...

90 Blood Elf Paladin
What are your thoughts on the way Inquisition is activated/works?

For PVE it's all fine & dandy and easy enough to have 100% uptime but what about in PVP? There are times when you are forced to make the decision to either renew Inquisition or WOG to try and save your life. IMO this ability feels like it should just always be there or not at all.

Why not have Inquisition proc anytime you use 3 Holy Power on any given ability(Word of Glory, Templar's Verdict) kind of how Protection's Shield of the Righteous works?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Here we go again.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Thanks for the troll post. And no I don't want easier, I'd like to see a more fluid playstyle.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
But its good enough already for a fluid playstyle
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Just feels clunky and out of place to me. My own opinion of course.

I really like what they did with Protection's Shield of the Righteous and thought it would be a neat idea to change Inquisition to act in the same manner. Shield of the Righteous grants several seconds with reduced damage taken. Templar's Verdict could grant the Inquisition buff for X duration.
Reply Quote
63 Human Monk
I agree with the OP.

I hated this ability, even in PvE. I just hate it so much. It's a burden.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
reroll warrior imo
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
There is only one problem with inquisition, and that's the fact that so many people complain about such an easy to maintain buff.

In pvp it can be more difficult to maintain if you aren't specced into DP, but that's the whole point of the spell. It is there to add some level of complexity and priority to the spec, leaving you to decide which is more important to spend your HoPo on at clutch moments.

If you don't like it, there are plenty of other melee classes to pick from because this spell won't be going away any time soon.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
03/19/2013 01:46 PMPosted by Bearbottom
There is only one problem with inquisition, and that's the fact that so many people complain about such an easy to maintain buff.

Quoted for truth. Sums it up quite nicely, I think.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I get it now...the same 2 posters that were just sarcastic on my thread are also being sarcastic on this thread..$#@^% trollers.

You post a forum for a reasonable kind discussion on a peticular subject and you get a bunch of people acting like 12 yr olds treating the OP like crap.....you disgust me.

Inquisition threads around here are like "Vanilla Server" threads in General

Mostly pointless

Inq is fine

Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
clunk·y [kluhng-kee]
adjective, clunk·i·er, clunk·i·est. Informal.

1.awkwardly heavy or clumsy: clunky metal jewelry; clunky shoes.
2.used to describe Inquisition, usually due to lack of other way to describe Inquisition
3.grade of peanut butter above 'chunky'
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
clunk·y [kluhng-kee]
adjective, clunk·i·er, clunk·i·est. Informal.

3.grade of peanut butter above 'chunky'

Is that closer to creamy or chunky? Either way, may beg investment.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Past chunky, you just get a peanut butter rock and a chisel.
Reply Quote
For PvP, Inquisition is also about choice - it is based around either doing more damage (using Inquisition) or doing more healing (using Word of Glory). Even Rogues have this choice with their Recuperate, though less so. They need to also balance Slice and Dice with their other combo point finishers as well as many other things.

Honestly, in PvE I don't find Inquisition clunky at all. If anything, Exorcism is arguably closer because of its inconsistency with Art of War. But you wont' see me complaining about either one anyway because, seriously, there's better things to complain about like the imbalanced PvP and how PvE affects PvP and vice versa.

Also waffles.

Got to love waffle discussions.
Reply Quote
94 Blood Elf Paladin
What are your thoughts on the way Inquisition is activated/works?

For PVE it's all fine & dandy and easy enough to have 100% uptime but what about in PVP? There are times when you are forced to make the decision to either renew Inquisition or WOG to try and save your life. IMO this ability feels like it should just always be there or not at all.

Why not have Inquisition proc anytime you use 3 Holy Power on any given ability(Word of Glory, Templar's Verdict) kind of how Protection's Shield of the Righteous works?

Inq was annoying enough that I rolled switched to my hunter and started a mage. Both do better damage, better pvp, and no need to bother with an annoying buff that is needed to just come sub-par to other classes.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Where ever I am there should be an Inquisition! I am RETRIBUTION, so make it passive! It's too hard to count to 30 and mods that track the spell are lying to me. Weighing options on whether to re-up Inquisition or heal myself/others in PVP is also too hard. Our heals should never have a trade off. I /spit on your 30% damage and 10% crit buff.

Also, make my heals passive too. Beacon swapping is too hard, can we get a raidwide beacon already?! Sheesh. Hand of Sacrifice should just be a 10 minute buff on the tank, that way I can just heal myself. Please reduce Lay on Hands to a 15s CD.

And make active mitigation more passive, it's too active. Tanks are supposed to just stand there waiting for the hits to land. This flailing around and doing stuff COMPLETELY ruins the tank game play. The tank (ME!!1) staying alive is the HEALER'S job.

The Paladin class is way too complicated enough as it is. With our redundant buffs that everyone and their mother has, all complexity has shifted to actually hitting our skills.

This is UNACCEPTABLE!

This is a slap in the face from Blizzard, expecting us to actually play our classes 'correctly' to achieve success. Who are they to decide how my class works? FIX THIS GARBAGE!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Inq was annoying enough that I rolled switched to my hunter and started a mage. Both do better damage, better pvp, and no need to bother with an annoying buff that is needed to just come sub-par to other classes.

Mage DPS relies on their Mage Bomb at 75.

Looking at the three bomb options, you've essentially chosen a class that requires you to juggle a specific (de)buff 5~6 times a minute, where Inq is only twice a minute.

Nice call, man.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]