Inquisition...

@Majintherm, mines Logitech (600) button 4.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Lay on Hands to a 15s CD.

lol
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Whats your Inq bind. Mines Naga Button 2

Q
Cause I like to hit 'QQ' every time i refresh it.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I don't think we're going to see Inquisition automatically proc, but here's a change I'd like, and think is more realistic. We should be able to glyph into having inquisition function so that if we have less than 3 HP, it gives us 15 or so seconds of inquisition without spending any HP. This would be similar to the feral druid's equivalent glyph.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
i'd rather it costed mana.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I wouldnt say its clunky or hard to use. Just boring.
Reply Quote

Mage DPS relies on their Mage Bomb at 75.

Looking at the three bomb options, you've essentially chosen a class that requires you to juggle a specific (de)buff 5~6 times a minute, where Inq is only twice a minute.

Nice call, man.
However, Inq uses resources that matter, Mage Bombs do not. Inq is Slice 'n' Dice, effectively. I'm pretty sure Rogues aren't super fond of SnD, any more than many Pallies are of Inq.

My issue with Inq is that it has a tendency to need refreshing just as one's hard target switch is about to put someone down, so you have to either 1) refresh and risk them slipping away during the lull in heavy damage, or 2) let it fall off and see your damage drop off and maybe not get the kill. Either way, Inq refreshes make applying heavy pressure hard, and while I'm sure pro PvP Rets don't find this a problem, I certainly do.
Reply Quote
1 Pandaren Rogue
i'd rather it costed mana.

Then you would just complain that it costs a GCD.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Then you would just complain that it costs a GCD.

Sorry I don't feed trolls anymore. Have a pleasant day Mr. Troll
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
See it drop to single-digits on the remaining time? Use your next 3HP to refresh it within that 9 second period.

Too.... insert-offensive-word-of-choice to pay attention to the buff, go get PowerAuras.
Reply Quote
I myself have no problem with inq. It isn't that hard to keep a 100% uptime. But I understand where you're coming from in terms of pvp and having to decide when it's best used or left to fade in place of a vital TV. I don't pvp ret however so it really doesn't bother me.

But I think it might be cool to see it worked into our seals. Every time we hit with our attacks will apply the inq buff stacking to five say but make it a short duration like 8secs, that way it's not too OP in pvp but still easy to maintain if you're focusing but drops off if you're having to change targets every so often.

This could be applied to all our specs. Keeping it the same for ret. Prot could apply an inq buff that increases threat generated and damage reduction. While for holy the inq buff could make anyone attacking this target increase healing received from the pally by 5%.

Just an idea :) I don't mind inq how it is. Could be an improvement though
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I PvP a lot as ret and IMO Inq. would be much nicer if it didn't have the 3 HP cost to it. Mainly the problem most people have with it is to remember to hit it every 30 secs, while supporting teammates / blowing up that one guy; not having to build 3 holy power for it.

Using 3 holy power for Inq. almost feels like a waste (even though in the back of your mind you know its a dps increase)...

I personally believe that Inq. without a Holy Power cost but instead a 30sec cd, would work much better.
Edited by Valtýrael on 3/29/2013 3:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
03/29/2013 03:35 PMPosted by Valtýrael
I PvP a lot as ret and IMO Inq. would be much nicer if it didn't have the 3 HP cost to it. Mainly the problem most people have with it is to remember to hit it every 30 secs, while supporting teammates / blowing up that one guy; not having to build 3 holy power for it.

use the glyph that increases it to a minute duration.

Honestly it sounds like most players who have issues with Inq are looking to have the play style of a warrior
Edited by Majintherm on 3/29/2013 4:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

use the glyph that increases it to a minute duration.

Honestly it sounds like most players who have issues with Inq are looking to have the play style of a warrior

I never have any problem with the duration (I was speaking of people that have problems with it), and you completely missed my point. I was saying duration should stay as how it is as a skill test, building 3 hp is not a skill test.
Edited by Valtýrael on 3/29/2013 4:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It's just long enough of a duration for me to forget about it.

It's not complex, nor interesting.

It is painful to not have it, but not exciting when it is.

Inquisition is like taxes.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin

Yeah...inquisition is what seperates ret pally play style from warrior play style....
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Yeah...inquisition is what seperates ret pally play style from warrior play style....

I see it as, if a player is too lazy to keep yup an amazing class buff, they can care less about doing any type of utility for their teammates. They can reroll warrior and drool over their keyboard while they spam buttons that pop numbers on their screen
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
I have an addon that reminds me to reapply inq before it wears off. No biggie.
Reply Quote
I would rather see Inq. disappear, buff our moves to make up for this and then add back Divine Storm into our "rotation" and make it useful again. Inq adds nothing that shouldn't already be there for the start. And no I don't need to play a warrior (I have 3 already), but Inq. is hardly what separates us from warriors.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
divine storm was worthless as a rotation in pvp.

Inq is fine, lil annoying but its fine if you cant keep up with it download addons to track cds.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]