Morning Pep Talk...

Community Manager
No, I'm not going to give you a pep talk. I mean, it's true – you're smart, good looking, talented, and can do anything you put your mind to, but that's not what I'm doing here. I'm here to ask you, if you were to give a pep talk to another player or even your own character, what would it be? How would you encourage them to carry on and persevere over any challenge Azeroth throws at them?

Remember to keep it clean and positive. Happy Wednesday everyone!
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Warrior
I mean, it's true – you're smart, good looking, talented, and can do anything you put your mind to

Woohoo!
/dances

How would you encourage them to carry on and persevere over any challenge Azeroth throws at them?

Money!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Clear eyes
Full hearts
Can't lose

I see this before each AV pug and we always pull off the victory. Anything related to Football gets people motivated to do their best.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Every morning I give my character a pep talk.

Me: Hey Kelvv

Kelvv: YO!

Me: You see that toaster?

Kelvv: Ya buddy!

Me: Okay, Now stop being foolish and throw that thing as far as you can...then give people highpaws for being themselves.

Kelvv: Will Do! "starts to eat toast"
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
A couple of thoughts I have. Completely plagiarizd.

Do or do not. There is no try.

The only thing we have to fear is fear itself!

Corpse crawling builds character!

I'm Batman!

If you're not going balls to the wall, you're doing it wrong.

What's the matter, Colonel Sanders....chicken?

"Hey, I got him. I got him!"
"That's great kid, don't get cocky!
"

Those nerds saw me naked! (okay, that's not really a word of encouragement, but it somehow went from my recollection of "Revenge of the Nerds" to this post. Weird.)

To be fair, I've been up all night and am humorously tired.
Edited by Dalesong on 3/20/2013 8:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Clear nostrils
Full pants
Can't floccinaucinihilipilificate

Yah. you heard meh. No it does not have to make sense. You don't make any sense!
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
I imagine adam Sandler yelling "Are you too good for your home ball?!?!?!?!?!"

to which I reply with a smirk.."Why yes... yes I am... carry on solider... carry on"
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Shaman
Not having fun on your low population server? Transfer, the game is so much more fun on a high pop server. I made the move and the change is amazing. Don't worry about having to change your name or leaving friends behind, it's worth it. Just try to get your guild to move with you like my guild did.
Reply Quote
32 Troll Druid
good looking

Yes, everyone knows this already. Just look at this body.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Rogue
I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and gosh-darn it, people like me.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and gosh-darn it, people like me.

That goes through my head some days too. ;p
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest
I would tell them if they can't understand advice someone gives them? Life will be sure to instill it.... personally. ... OH my bad. Pep talk... er...... You can do anything you set your mind to!
Edited by Rogression on 3/20/2013 8:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
To my character Druga, no matter how many dailies Blizz throws at you, no matter how much crap luck rng you have in LFR, no matter how much they try to nerf your fun, I'll be there for you.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
If I was talking to a floating candle I would say:
Don't burn your fire at both ends!
Relax more.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Don't give up. Do what it takes to improve. No matter what - do what it takes.

If you're not the top DPS in your guild, 9 times out of 10 it's your fault. Read the elitist jerks page that covers your class and spec. Need more help? Talk to the best players. Whisper them. Optimize your UI so that you can track important information. Do what it takes.

Your Alts wont make you better. Your effort into one character will. Always try to better yourself.

I started raiding when I was 13. I was crap. I keyboard turned, I hardly used cool downs, and I had little confidence. Over the next 4 years I was able to bring myself to the level of US 35 ranked 25 man raiding.

Do what it takes. It's uncomfortable, hard, and sometimes you have to just realize you completely suck. But that's not permanent. That can be changed. The content sits before you. Make yourself competitive enough to be aloud into the guilds that can do it. Join them, and earn your titles.
Edited by Peekochu on 3/20/2013 11:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
"I want you to know that taking your time and stopping to hear people's stories is not a bad thing. True, you may not reach level cap as quickly as everyone else, you may not have the most powerful gear in the game, you may not experience hard mode raiding, but by doing what you find interesting and enjoyable, you have something a lot of WoW players dont: fun."
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
You've been through this before, you've overcome the odds before, you've taught them to love you before...

IT'S JUST ONE MORE DAILY!!!!
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
03/20/2013 07:54 AMPosted by Nethaera
I mean, it's true – you're smart, good looking, talented, and can do anything you put your mind to

stop lying to me :(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]