hand of purity change

90 Tauren Paladin
Hand of Purity no longer reduces the damage dealt by effects that ignore immunities.

Can anyone explain this wording to me, and what boss abilities that it was useful on in ToT is no longer useful.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
There's abilities that ignore an immunity, the damage reduction no longer incorrectly applies to them.

So basically, you pop a Hand of Protection making you immune to all physical damage.
Player A has an attack that ignores physical immunities.
You see you're still getting hit through your HoP, so you pop Hand of Purity to reduce damage by 10%; but it doesn't work on the attack Player A is using, so you still take 100% damage instead of 90%.

As far as I understand it.
Edited by Infuser on 3/20/2013 2:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Let's talk about Heroic Elegon

When you go outside to soak his Total Annihilation, you can not use immunities to reduce the damage taken from this. Divine Shield doesn't work, Divine Protection + Sacred Shield does. Hand of Sacrifice, etc. I'm assuming this change is to prevent Hand of Purity from applying the 10% damage reduction when dealing with a mechanic such as soaking on Heroic Elegon.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm assuming this change is to prevent Hand of Purity from applying the 10% damage reduction when dealing with a mechanic such as soaking on Heroic Elegon.
My first thought was something along these lines. Someone exploiting some mechanic somewhere, like the Annihilation or the combo strikes on Will or Garajal's kungfu which also cut through all immunities. But then 10% off isn't really that much, certainly not game breaking. Might be something in ToT that I'm not familiar with that's being exploited.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I was reading on a different forum that this change was intended to stop guilds from stacking pallies and rolling hand of purity on frostbite targets in 25man heroic council. But I'm sure I've used divine shield to remove both frostbite and biting cold (on normal). So that doesn't seem to track.

If not that - are there any abilities used by the bosses in ToT that this would apply to? Or is this a change that only affects pre-ToT content?

And does anyone understand why this change was necessary? Was the 10% damage reduction really overpowered when applied to things like the heroic elegon total annihilation?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You can't immunity Frostbite (at least not on HM, we just ignored mechanics on normal and zerged them down). The change was 100% intended to curb guilds from using 4+ Paladins to rotate Purity on Frostbite targets which in effect allowed them to completely bypass that entire mechanic.

Instead, you now have Paladins rotating HoSacs instead - lol.
Edited by Deculture on 3/20/2013 5:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
A better question is wether they will ever make hand of purity useful in a 10 man setting.

I have yet to find a good use of the talent either where there even is a a mechanic to use it on, or in most cases, clemency outshines it. 6 seconds is far to short and the 30 seconds CD is far too long
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
A better question is wether they will ever make hand of purity useful in a 10 man setting.

I have yet to find a good use of the talent either where there even is a a mechanic to use it on, or in most cases, clemency outshines it. 6 seconds is far to short and the 30 seconds CD is far too long

Maybe I'm reading your question wrong but, what does raid size have anything to do with the usefullness of the spell?

Also, pmuch anything that is a DoT the spell is useful for. Pick a DoT on Horridon, Cinders on Megeara, feed pools on Ji'Kun, any DoT with stack on a tank, list goes on....

/facepalm
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]