Panda Pallys

90 Tauren Paladin
I'm a Tauren Paladin... why? Because Lore fans hate it.

Well okay, that's not the truth. It's because Taurens are simply the best race in this game, followed by Paladin's being the best class in this game. It's an all around win for me.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Silly Tauren, Tauren aren't the best race. That would be trolls.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
03/12/2013 06:47 AMPosted by Jaxxi
They gave horde tauren paladins because some people wanted to roll a male character.

this has been the best thing i read all day.

I was about to say something along those lines. I'd rather play a female char than a flamboyant male belf LOL
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Pandaren can be Priests and they can be Warriors. Why not paladins?

A priest is not a paladin, as a Cardinal is not a Baptist preacher.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I for one would enjoy seeing a panda be a paladin.

Even for lore sake any race that can be a priest should be allowed to be a paladin.

You can heal for your god but you can't fight for them?

Tauren are not technically paladins they are sunwalker's learn your lore.

Undead were humans once and they should be able to retain said abilities when rizen by sylvannis.

Even Worgen again were once human and can be priests should be able to be paladins.

So yes Pandas should be allowed to be paladins.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Even for lore sake any race that can be a priest should be allowed to be a paladin.

Priests are not Paladins, especially considering WoW contains a huge variety of Priests. Pandaren Priests are nothing like the traditional Light using Priests in lore, only in game mechanics.

Paladins are not just Warriors who learned to heal or Priests who learned to fight.

You can heal for your god but you can't fight for them?

Paladins do not worship or fight for a God.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 3/12/2013 1:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Orc: beast race
Tauren: beast race
Troll: beast race
Undead: The polar opposite of paladin
Blood elf: are paladins
Panda: beast race

Paladins are warriors of light: beast races should not be able to obtain the enlightenment to go from warrior to paladin. Undead would turn to ash. Only Blood elf can make the transition.

If we poke lore: ONLY select few, and only in EXTREMELY rare cases would any of the beast races have any magic in there disposal... and any that can use magic would be the left or right hand of the leader.
Edited by Andryana on 3/12/2013 1:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Orc: beast race
Tauren: beast race
Troll: beast race
Undead: The polar opposite of paladin
Blood elf: are paladins
Panda: beast race

Paladins are warriors of light: beast races should not be able to obtain the enlightenment to go from warrior to paladin. Undead would turn to ash. Only Blood elf can make the transition.

If we poke lore: ONLY select few, and only in EXTREMELY rare cases would any of the beast races have any magic in there disposal... and any that can use magic would be the left or right hand of the leader.

So says the Draenei Alien race

So an alien race can serve the light(a diety)
tauren we have established are not paladins just the mechanics
undead could easily be a corrupt version and just use paladin mechanics and should.
Blood elf a magically corrupted race can obtain this light.
orc is a tribal hence no paladin
troll same as orc really simple.
Panda have wonderlust a desire beyond such that has driven them to shrug off the panderian ways of old to learn about the outside world and all it holds, hence the priest which is a light worshiper. So any argument to the contrary is actually invalid about pandas and the other races which should be able to be paladins.

Gnomes are to intrigued with mechanics to worry about the untangable.
Goblins no money in it. Besides the church wants 10% they just wouldn't do it.
Edited by Dirkston on 3/12/2013 2:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I would be all for this just because Horde Ret Paladins would actually have a race with a decent PvE racial for once.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
A corrupted version of a paladin, is not a paladin. This isn't D'n'D. This is WoW, and the rules of WoW's lore apply. Forsaken would be turned to ash trying to wield the Light. No matter how powerful of a Paladin in life, no matter how much said forsaken wanted to channel the light. Ash. There's that forsaken Paladin in Tyr Hand wandering around... I don't know what's up with that, but she's the only one. She hardly makes the point of allowing Forsaken to be Paladins.

Troll Freethinkers would be the closest thing to a paladin that would be available and within the current lore of this game. Things might change.

Priests are not Paladins. Paladins are not Priests. Pretty simple.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
03/12/2013 02:08 PMPosted by Dirkston

Draenei are not a "beast race", they are highly civilized. And have a strong believe in the intangible. Blood elf's may be magically corrupt, but are still capable of using the "light". I fact only human and dwarf should be able to be paladins. Everything else is to far left or right. As for the pandas, they can't be Paly for same reason they can't be DK. Truthfully i am surprised they can even BE any other class but monk.

Edit: Funny, Horde complain about Paladin, but i never need Alliance complain that Horde have 4 races for shaman, and We have 2
Edited by Andryana on 3/12/2013 3:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Truthfully i am surprised they can even BE any other class but monk.

Really? How close-minded can you seriously be?

Pandaren still have eat, don't they? Still need clothing? They weren't always able to get all their goods from a farm, y'know, so Hunters make sense. Also, considering how in tune they are with nature and the elements, Shaman fits well. Given the Mogu seem to have some ties to the Titans, Mages make perfect sense as the Titans' meddling has always had a basis in the mystical and the arcane.

And not everyone has the mental discipline to be a monk, but they still have the desire or inclination to be more martial in their life, hence Warriors; flip that coin, even, since not everyone has the martial prowess to be a Warrior or a Monk but still have vast amounts of mental and moral fortitude, so Priests work. And, to step back to Shaman, Pandaren still aren't Priests in the same sense as a Human or a Draenei, but more like a Tauren Paladin, seeing the light as an extension of a different belief system.

It seems to me that, along the lines I've laid out, Pandarens can't be Paladins because being a Paladin requires both great mental strength and a bias towards martial prowess; Monks and Shaman get close to this balance point, but still neither require quite the same commitment or fortitude as does a Paladin.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
03/12/2013 02:52 PMPosted by Andryana

Draenei are not a "beast race", they are highly civilized.

You're space goats.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
03/12/2013 03:11 PMPosted by Grôgnárd
Truthfully i am surprised they can even BE any other class but monk.

Really? How close-minded can you seriously be?

Have you seen any NPS's in Panda Land, that are any combat class except monk? I haven't, that's what i am basing my theory on. Has nothing to do with open or closed minded. If what I gather from the story holds water, they can't be ANY of the classes you listed. Why? because they all posses hostility, and the Sha feed on it.

Monk ARE from what I can see the parallel to Paladin. Both seem to have more or less the same mind set. Strong mentally and physically.

03/12/2013 03:19 PMPosted by Ingsoc

Draenei are not a "beast race", they are highly civilized.

You're space goats.

Whatever makes you happy "Red bull gives you wings".
Edited by Andryana on 3/12/2013 3:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Just like Worgen, they don't have any direct contact with Paladins until after they leave their homeland. And for players, by that time they are already going down a different route, and there are no class changes in this game.

Most races could become Paladins. Doesn't mean they should.

Besides, not all Priests use The Light. Not even Forsaken Priests actually use The Light. They are Priests of The Forgotten Shadow.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
03/12/2013 03:25 PMPosted by Andryana
Have you seen any NPS's in Panda Land, that are any combat class except monk?

The Shadow-Pan has Rogues, Hunters, Warriors, Mages, and Priests who assist you personally when doing their daily quests. Those are just a few.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Sunwalkers are Druids, Pandas don't have the cultural mindset for Paladins, nor do Gnomes, Undead can't be according to lore, and Worgen Paladins would simply be humans with an accent.

Night Elves and maybe Trolls are the only remaining races that could have Paladins.

Worgen can't be Paladins because of lore as well as undead. Technically speaking a Paladin cannot be cursed, or turned undead without it being their choice.

That being said Blizzard has broken this lore a NUMBER of times and warlocks seem to have no problem cursing me >_>
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I never implied that you were a beast race and you keep throwing that statement around like it should mean something.

The reason pandarian can not be DK is because they were shrouded by the mist during the Lich king time and there fore the scourge never found them to convert them. that has nothing to do with them not being able to be paladins.

this statement of priests are not paladins and paladins are not priests is a stupid statement their powers and abilities stem from the same light just used in a different way. the light blesses them with powers differently.

And to state that the Draenei are a highly civilized race and to imply that the Pandarian are not highly civilized is a fallacy. the only difference is that the Draenei were more technologically advanced is all.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]