Panda Pallys

90 Dwarf Paladin
How are Shaman inherently hostile? Or Hunters? Or Priests? I'm willing to give you Mages as hostile, though I could argue against it; and Warriors, of course, I'll grant you (though, again, debatable).

But with Shaman, communing with Nature can simply be another means of meditation and excising one of negative emotions. Hunters don't have to be inherently hostile; the Native American hunters, for example, didn't track and kill to be hostile, but simply to eat, keep warm, and survive. Priests, pious people that they are, can hardly be said to be inherently hostile - like Shaman, prayer can be another method of ridding one's-self of negative emotion.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
I think too many are unable to disconnect the idea of "paladin" with "Light-wielder."

Game mechanics are different from lore. As mentioned, Tauren paladins are Druids who happen to wear plate and focus upon healing and defending their allies using An'she. Rather than create different effects for every single spell (remember back when each Priest race had a unique spell?) they just copied the abilities over.

The main difference between Priest and Paladin is the formation of an order. Tauradins all belong to the Sunwalkers, whatever tribe we originally came from (think Wise Ones from Wheel of Time, or the Maidens of the Spear, and so forth). Blood elves, Draenai, Humans, Dwarves... they all have an established, martial order.

Were Pandaren to become paladins, it would simply be, not through the Light (unless they are taught an analogy through the Horde/Alliance), but rather some Pandaren somewhere desires to create an order similar to the Shado-Pan whose purpose is restoring the land after the Sha breaks it this expansion. Their powers are just like their monk and priest abilities, coming from within. Even if they use paladin names like Crusader Strike or Divine Shield.

Likewise, game mechanics, not lore, are what prevent orcs and such from becoming paladins. There's a troll priest of the Light in canon lore, that learned the way through... books from the Scarlet Monastery, if I'm remembering it right? ANd there are platewearing orcs in the Argent Grounds with mana bars (Cheap shot and completely unverifiable, I know). The Light welcomes all and doesn't turn away from anyone willing to embrace it. You can be an orc paladin (I'm sure there are several that have converted to the Light during the 5 years preceding the cataclysm, that are now Neutral way up in the Plaguelands).

You just can't PLAY one. Because special snowflake.
Reply Quote
97 Human Paladin
Worgen can't be Paladins because of lore as well as undead. Technically speaking a Paladin cannot be cursed, or turned undead without it being their choice.

That being said Blizzard has broken this lore a NUMBER of times and warlocks seem to have no problem cursing me >_>

[Citation Needed]
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
First off this beast race stuff is nonsense, stop it.

Secondly those of you going at Draenei, they were the very first Paladins so shut it.

As for this Panda being Paladins thing it would be beyond stretching, more then even Tauren Sunwalkers.

Culturally the Pandaren do not have the drive for Paladins nor have they ever had the need. There is no base within their culture for it to build from and they certainly never had contact with anyone who could teach them.

On Azeroth Paladin's are still a relatively new thing only existing for it's races since the Second War despite the Draenei having Vindicators far longer they weren't around.

Paladins came in response to a need, not a desire. Pandaren have never had that need, their answer to more militant Priests is pretty much fulfilled in Monks as we see those two classes blended in their culture.

Stop trying to make every other race crap they don't need to be, if you want to play a class play the race that has it.

this statement of priests are not paladins and paladins are not priests is a stupid statement their powers and abilities stem from the same light just used in a different way. the light blesses them with powers differently.

It's not stupid, it's founded in lore and defined by the way the various races with access to those classes differentiate between them.

Paladins and Priests do not wield the Light in anywhere near the same way and while Priests only call upon the Light when in need Paladins are constantly infused with it.

Also for the last time the Light is not some god or deity.

[Citation Needed]

You again, read the lore or actually defend your argument instead of throwing out little quips.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I think the only race that could not be a paladin would be Orcs and Goblins, Goblins their greed probably wouldn't make them a decent paladin. (Gob holy pally) You got this right? (Orc Retadin) As long as you keep me alive. -Orc attacks a elite- You seem to be doing ok Orc, ooh whats over there (A chest filled with gold behind the boss and goes to grab it) -orc is dying- HELP ME YOU LITTLE RUNT! -gob blinded by greed not healing the orc- and he dies... oops. Both died both rez and the orc strangles the goblin.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
BTW anyone can be anything really... As Benedictus used massive power that Velen did not even had because he seeked power not that he asked the light for more. It was because it was Magic and how you use it, Priests believe they can only use it because the light allow them to not because put simply its restoration magic as a mage uses words for destruction magic, Some magic has side effects like Warlock Magic such destruction magic that surpasses that of a mage corrupts the caster, Paladin cloaks themself in a aura of "light magic" that strengthens them.

They believe they need something to use magic and it limits them to that magic. If they believe they need the lights acceptance they will only be bound in their mind if they are not accepted and so they can not use it. If Paladins believe that magic comes from inside them they could use it at any time, same with everything else.

The only class that probably is not bound by this explanation is Shamanism because their power is being burrowed from the Great Elements, The Elements are alive and they are the ones that grant the races of azeroth the power if they choose so. The Light the only figurehead that could be alive is Naru and even then they are not gods they can die and Tauren, i bet they did not get their power of the light from Naru.
Edited by Puré on 3/12/2013 5:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I think too many are unable to disconnect the idea of "paladin" with "Light-wielder."

Game mechanics are different from lore. As mentioned, Tauren paladins are Druids who happen to wear plate and focus upon healing and defending their allies using An'she. Rather than create different effects for every single spell (remember back when each Priest race had a unique spell?) they just copied the abilities over.

The main difference between Priest and Paladin is the formation of an order. Tauradins all belong to the Sunwalkers, whatever tribe we originally came from (think Wise Ones from Wheel of Time, or the Maidens of the Spear, and so forth). Blood elves, Draenai, Humans, Dwarves... they all have an established, martial order.

Were Pandaren to become paladins, it would simply be, not through the Light (unless they are taught an analogy through the Horde/Alliance), but rather some Pandaren somewhere desires to create an order similar to the Shado-Pan whose purpose is restoring the land after the Sha breaks it this expansion. Their powers are just like their monk and priest abilities, coming from within. Even if they use paladin names like Crusader Strike or Divine Shield.

Likewise, game mechanics, not lore, are what prevent orcs and such from becoming paladins. There's a troll priest of the Light in canon lore, that learned the way through... books from the Scarlet Monastery, if I'm remembering it right? ANd there are platewearing orcs in the Argent Grounds with mana bars (Cheap shot and completely unverifiable, I know). The Light welcomes all and doesn't turn away from anyone willing to embrace it. You can be an orc paladin (I'm sure there are several that have converted to the Light during the 5 years preceding the cataclysm, that are now Neutral way up in the Plaguelands).

You just can't PLAY one. Because special snowflake.

This is it. Tehnically any race could be a Paladin, with the willpower. If a Forsaken was THAT COMMITED to wielding the light he could, albeit he would be in incredible pain for the rest of his existence, same with Worgen.

Then why not? Here's the reason. Paladins already top the class pie chart at lvl 90, and Blizzard don't want every race (bar Pandaren) have not two but three plate wielding classes it can choose from. So your simple answer is Blizzard just doesn't want it to happen. Story done. Finito.
Edited by Iheartshards on 3/12/2013 6:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
97 Human Paladin
You again, read the lore or actually defend your argument instead of throwing out little quips.

I have read the lore. That's why I know there's nothing that states the Worgen curse blocks them from being Paladins. If you're going to make the statement that is IS in the lore, the burden of proof is on you.
Reply Quote
If giant cows can be Light Avengers...so should Pandas
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
I support Gnome hunters with critters for pets, i also support this, or DKs (Lore is already gone and realistically the ebon blade would need to resupply as DKs meet there end...again). Locks are about the only class that would not fit them on any level.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
No. No to everything and everyone in this thread.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]