90 Worgen Warlock
I really hate to say this, but I don't like the way you implemented this quest chain at all. I've got over 35 hours of camping rares, and over 40+ rares dead, and still no book.

Frankly speaking, I think this was not a good way to implement a simple way to turn your fire green. I was hoping for a minor glyph, or something simple, but that's not happening. I'm kind of disappointed really after all of the work myself have and others put in this week watching spawns, leading groups, correcting bugs with the quest drops.

Just a heads up.

How to fix: Make the item drop in raids, even LFR, and not make it BOE. I see warlocks selling them at astronomical prices. Kanrethad, I'm told, is difficult by himself. There's the challenge. Not waiting for hours and hours and hours on end.
Edited by Leyl on 3/10/2013 4:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
Ill tell you right now, the boss is no picnic either. I farmed for 3 days straight to get the tome. I watched vids and read guides on the final boss. He has been wiping the floor with me for about 50 attempts now.

Its really rough.
Reply Quote
31 Blood Elf Hunter
i really dont think it is fair that we have to go through so much to have green fire and it gives no buff and making it hard to get the tomb is just stupid you guys need to rethink this quest line
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Its sad to hear that people are still farming rares since the release of patch 5.2 and I've gotten 2 Sealed Tome of the Lost Legion's without putting much effort into it. I was offered crazy amounts of gold for them since it was at the first days of the release but I decided to just stay with one and give the other to my brother. We have done countless tries and have only been able to get to the fourth phase. I think we will need better gear since we are only geared in full Malevolent and one piece of Tyrannical. I do however think that they should allow this to be done as a pair just like the Rogues legendary quest line. Not everyone does PVE especially in a PVP server. I don't understand why blizzard isn't thinking about these issues ahead of time or why they haven't even replied to any of the posts of the many that have been made to date.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Not only does it make no sense for the quest to start by a drop of rare spawns that have NOTHING to do with warlocks, but the solo instance itself is kind of garbage. The bosses are rather hard, especially the last one, and there is no way to repair unless you have some outside source such as Jeeves. Not to mention if you do happen to die, everything respawns, instantly.

So you have this crazy to get quest, that once you get it the implementation of the quests sucks, so doing the quests is frustrating as all hell.

I don't understand why everything respawns when you die, what purpose does that serve? That's not how any other instance works, why is this one any different? But I can get past that.

What I can't get past is how their is no way to repair in the instance or leave the instance to repair without having to quit and restart it. If you're not going to put a place to repair in the instance, you actually took out the rep vendor that is in the same spot in BT raid, so why can't I leave the instance to repair? Why do I have to be forced to quit, repair, then start from the beginning? That's absurd.

You made this with the intent of being challenging, why be aholes with about how you implement it. People shouldn't be punished because they die, and they shouldn't be forced to have to restart the instance because their gear is shot and cant continue with broken equipment.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
I agree about having no way to repair your gear. I'm still trying to get past Essence of Order. When my gear became yellow/red I thought it'd be like any other raid or dungeon where you could zone out and back in. Nope.

Had to start the whole thing over again. I'm not giving up, but after spending all morning on one boss I'm taking a break.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock
I really hate to say this, but I don't like the way you implemented this quest chain at all. I've got over 35 hours of camping rares, and over 40+ rares dead, and still no book.

wat

The rares have a 1hr respawn timer (or less) and there are 5-6 rare spawns on the isle. So, if you're camping rares for 35hrs you should have somewhere around 150+ rare kills.

I camped rares for 8hrs straight and got mine a little over 60 rare kills. I got a second tome about two week later just randomly killing one.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
So...it took me over 3 week to get it, then i finally did and started the quest , was cool a lil Challenge is ok, then i get to the end, and the boss has 31 million life ....so..im a casual gamer..this quest was meant to change the color of our fire , not to ruin our day or make us hate the game, cause i feel it is far out of hand in the difficulty rating . I have 388k life , and he can one shot me. I watched videos, gave them hell trying the strats...nothing was working, the imps are supposed to take up aggro onto the demon when you use the portal, and they don't , they just wreck you. I pay hard earned money to play here and this has been a dream of locks for along time, and to have it ruined by a far to strong boss at the end really sucks ....really sucks. This isn't a quest for a legendary, its a simple color change , there's no weapon , gear , nothing. Please Fix this , you make LFR so we as casuals can play and get to have a idea of whats in the raids we cant do , even the rares we killed to get the quest item only have 12-15 million , but we are supposed to solo a 31 million that can one shot use and constantly brings out more demons to kill us......yeh...please fix it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I also think this is WAY too much effort for a change in colour of fire. Its purely vanity and does not enhance my spells or game play. If you are going to make me devote this much time and effort make it worth my while; how about a warlock flying mount or better yet how about something that will fix our class ??? Worse part is just found out from a GM that there is no way to abandon this questline NONE, that means we are phased in BT so no transmog runs are possible until we complete the questline UTTERLY RIDICULOUS BLIZZARD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
I also think this is WAY too much effort for a change in colour of fire. Its purely vanity and does not enhance my spells or game play. If you are going to make me devote this much time and effort make it worth my while; how about a warlock flying mount or better yet how about something that will fix our class ??? Worse part is just found out from a GM that there is no way to abandon this questline NONE, that means we are phased in BT so no transmog runs are possible until we complete the questline UTTERLY RIDICULOUS BLIZZARD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad I read through this thread. Green fire would be cool if it weren't gated behind so much BS. Great way to kill peoples desire to engage themselves in the game Blizzard...bravo
/golfclap
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I HATE this quest so much... I managed to get to Kanrethad, looked up the strat and tried my hand at it until my gear broke... Seriously, what is the use of making the fight so damn difficult that it seems nearly impossible and drives you into insanity? And WHY is there no repair vendor inside the scenario? It is not cool having to leave the scenario and restart just to try again for this !@#$ty quest. It's not like it's a walk in the park either getting back to the part where you fight him. Ughhhh... what were you guys thinking!? If you're going to make it this difficult, then ADD A REPAIR VENDOR INSIDE THE SCENARIO.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
Ahhh lock tears. Nothing tastes better.
Reply Quote
Don't worry, it's going to get nerfed eventually.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
04/08/2013 07:34 PMPosted by Aniiya
Seriously, what is the use of making the fight so damn difficult that it seems nearly impossible and drives you into insanity?

It wasn't designed for a fresh 90, and wasn't meant to be easy even for someone who had T14 raid gear.

From what I've heard of it, you're going to need around ilvl 500 before it's relatively doable -- and higher than that to put it at what an average player would consider 'reasonable' difficulty. So the best advice you can get right now is to get into LFR, and keep at it until you've got a number of ToT LFR and 522 Valor pieces.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
From what I've heard of it, you're going to need around ilvl 500 before it's relatively doable -- and higher than that to put it at what an average player would consider 'reasonable' difficulty. So the best advice you can get right now is to get into LFR, and keep at it until you've got a number of ToT LFR and 522 Valor pieces.

Gear actually doesn't have a lot to do with it. A Warlock made a Youtube video of himself doing it while wearing mostly Cataclysm gear at iLvl 384.

The Kanrethad fight is essentially a raid boss.

The solo scenario was designed in such a way that the Warlock use nearly everything in their toolkit in order to get through (such as the Eye of Kilrogg maze). Kanrethad is no exception.

04/08/2013 07:34 PMPosted by Aniiya
It is not cool having to leave the scenario and restart just to try again for this !@#$ty quest. It's not like it's a walk in the park either getting back to the part where you fight him.

If you leave you actually come back at the summit.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
04/18/2013 02:25 AMPosted by Seiryu
The Kanrethad fight is essentially a raid boss.

Which usually have pretty strict gear requirements to beat berserks -- which is what I'd heard about him, that pretty high DPS was needed.

Though after searching again (last I'd read of it was less than a week after 5.2 launched) it seems people are just using old potions to skip bothering with the "berserk" mechanic.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Either wait till the next xpac to come out to kill kantherad or stop QQ on fourms, if other people can do it, so can you. The time you have spent here could have been time learning how the fight works. I was like you guys, complaining about how he looks at me and i get overkilled for 234572307 damage, but you know what? i got back in on the horse, studied why i got killed, asked myself how to get past it and implemented it into my gameplay. Its not something you are gonna get in 30 minutes of gameplay, i spent a good 12+ hours in total of wiping, learning and progressing.

Why are you still reading this? Get back to that boss, he isn't gonna kill himself!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
For green fire? What exactly does this green fire do for me? I wish I would have sold my book to some fool willing to spend days for nothing!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
There is an anvil inside the instance that you can repair at. it's at the end of the ramp leading to the Essence of Order boss on the right wall.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]