Evisc damage Nerfed?

90 Undead Monk
I noticed that my Eviscerates are hitting super weak..I am full Malv with most upgraded 2/2 on rogue. I tested on a shammy friend which is 68% resilience.. My recount data was this

Of 100 Evisc's ( my Crit chance is 19%) With 51% Mastery ( increases dmg of Finishing moves)
All of which were with 5 combo points and with Sanguinary Vein (20% dmg with rup/garrote)
90.9% (non crits) Min > Average > Max
.......................12,500 >15332>23,000
My Crits (9.1%) 28,757>28790 >37,890
These numbers are as Subtlety.
Seems as if this isn't working properly.. I clearly remember critting 80-115k on Ptr which was Tyrannicals gear..Shouldnt be that much of a difference? Just like some other opinions or a reason why evisc doesnt even seem worth using? Thanks.
Edited by Brad on 3/11/2013 12:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
91 Undead Rogue
Those numbers look very wrong.
Those look like numbers I would get back when I was Combat.

However in relation to your ratio of crits to non-crits, having that much variance from your actual % chance is reasonable deviation on a sample of 100.
Edited by Kiljagen on 3/11/2013 12:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Ya its not right, the majority of my eviscs were only 12k..Which is absolute trash..Something is wrong..
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Im at almost 67% res as a boomkin. A rogue opened on me with garrote, 110k ambush, 96k eviscerate. His auto attacks were hitting me for 22k.. I was dead before i subterfuge was up. Seems to be working fine when it was used on me lol
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Did you have find weakness on the target?
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Look at my gear, absolute trash. I hit 60k+ crits on fully geared people.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
Did you have find weakness on the target?

Back in 5.1 I remember getting 100k+ on people with out FW.
OP I have noticed the same thing, the highest crit I have gotten was around 50k with FW up.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
Im at almost 67% res as a boomkin. A rogue opened on me with garrote, 110k ambush, 96k eviscerate. His auto attacks were hitting me for 22k.. I was dead before i subterfuge was up. Seems to be working fine when it was used on me lol [quote]

That is very unlikely. If it is infact true then it was 1 in a million.. Evisc damage needs to be looked at this is dumb. If 8-% of my 5 point Eviscs hit for 16k then its better to hemo.
A reminder i am FULL malv most of which is 2/2 upgraded (19% crit and 51% mastery.)

[quote="81959726308"]Did you have find weakness on the target?

Some of them i did have Find Weakness on the shammy. Thats when i got some of the higher numbers. Even with expose weaknedd my non crits are only 20-25kish. 91 of 100 of my 5 point Eviscs only hitting 25k on a Mail with 70% armor reduction is obserd and needs to me looked at.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
03/12/2013 11:57 AMPosted by Brad
Some of them i did have Find Weakness on the shammy. Thats when i got some of the higher numbers.

In the future when you do such tests try to make sure all the variables are the same. That means either have FW up all the time or none of the time. Same deal with other things that modify damage like MoS, Dancing Steel, and trinket procs. If you don't have those all the same then it can be very hard to make sense of the numbers you get.

Also: Was the person you were testing on gemming for resil (or rather what's avg amt of resil one can expect)? What is your PvP power and what can we expect the typical rogue to have? Did they have any passive damage reduction? Could they block/absorb some hits? Was all damage low or just Evisc?

Those numbers definitely seem low, but there are a whole lot of variables that could affect how much damage you are doing that don't seem accounted for. While it is a pain, accounting for such things will make your data vastly more useful.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
The shammy has no damage reduction (68% resilience which is typical) and only a very few were done with expose weakness. He wasnt using any sort of damage mitigation. i am 50% pvp power on my rogue.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
I'm having the same problem. The highest evisc I've gotten in PvP was a 96k crit, and that was on a very undergeared PvE druid. I'm in full malev.

On people in gear similar to mine, my evisc is hitting for like 14k and critting for about 40-46k with trinkets up and a rupture/garrote on the target.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
this one time i hit a 300k
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Im hitting 60-135k in combat spec (x2 slow weapons)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk

Must be nice, Evisc as sub seems like playing the lottery...90% of the time its 20k or less. Seems really ridiculous . A huge waste of 5 cps if its non crit which only crits 10 times out of 100. Sigh..
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Doesn't seem that nerfed to me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXZSI1d0h-k
Reply Quote
91 Orc Warrior
03/14/2013 05:20 PMPosted by Brad

Must be nice, Evisc as sub seems like playing the lottery...90% of the time its 20k or less. Seems really ridiculous . A huge waste of 5 cps if its non crit which only crits 10 times out of 100. Sigh..

This. The huge spread on evis damage makes it somewhere between "warrior auto-attack" and "actual 5 point damage finisher". My feral's ferocious bites are more consistent and all around better. Would just like the consistency for rogues please!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Yeah warrior auto attacking with all CDs rolling hurt. !@#$ing 45k white melee non crits are stupid.

Also, it looks to me like you're swinging into damage reducers, and no crits on FW.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]