Staring at the action bar.

90 Human Paladin
Despite having my key bindings set, I am finding myself staring at my action bar far to much. Usually I am waiting for an ability cool down to be up, or a proc to go off. Obviously as a tank this isn't good. What are my options to get my focus back to the middle of the screen? I know that some information is sent through the scrolling battle text, but I really don't think this helps. Thanks for your responses.
Reply Quote
87 Human Hunter
You could always make a separate bar for your super important stuff like HotR/CS and Judgment and have them near the middle to keep your focus there. Forte Exorcist back in cata used to have a meter near the middle of your screen that would show you when every cooldown was up; it was pretty neat. I think it's still around
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I have the same issue since 5.2 broke my Power Auras alerts. Any good alternatives to Power Auras? I gave Weak Auras a try, but it's interface seemed very clunky to me. Any others worth trying?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I have the same issue since 5.2 broke my Power Auras alerts. Any good alternatives to Power Auras? I gave Weak Auras a try, but it's interface seemed very clunky to me. Any others worth trying?

Tellmewhen works good for spell cooldowns... But I love weak auras
Reply Quote
I use the Mod MikScrollingBattle text. It has a window over your character that pops text and an image of the skill button that has just come off cool down. The mod is a lot more noticeable that the stock UI as it says, "Vanish Ready! *image of vanish button*" I don't tank but it's how I keep track of most of my cool downs. Not sure if that's what you're looking for, but hope it helps. Cheers.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
- WeakAuras (Advanced setup, but you can always import strings which is quite easy/convenient)

- TellmeWhen (I'm not personally familiar with this one)

- ForteXorcist (Has a cooldown bar and can have icons pop up when they come off CD)

- Bartender4 (or another action bar mod) => move your bars to a more 'optimal' spot

I'm sure there are other options, but those are the ones I can think of. I use WeakAuras extensively.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info21531-PowerAurasClassicv4-MoPVersion.html
Reply Quote
86 Draenei Paladin
I haven't used most of these but I do love TellMeWhen. It's super simple but powerful. You can do really basic stuff like just have it show and icon (and a number if you can't remember your keybind) when something is off cooldown. Or you can get more complicated, like for Ret I have TV show up when I'm A) at 3 or 4 HoPo and everything else is on cooldown, or B) when I am at 5 HoPo. And if I figured that out I'm sure there's a lot more you can actually do with it! You can put it anywhere on the screen too if you'd rather not have to look away from the middle
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
My Power Auras still work fine. Just check 'load out of date add ons'

I never look at my action bars thanks to power auras. Heck my action bars are set to go to transparent unless moused over. I have full attention to middle screen.

Now if I could just get blizz to work on tab targeting I would never have to click anything but a corpse to loot. Infuriates me when I have two mobs on me, and one 40 yards away, yet I toggle target once and I get the 40 yard mob.

I like Power Auras because there is a symbol in there that is a Jesus face. When I get three holy power I see Jesus :P
Edited by Crotalis on 3/12/2013 12:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]